1626195.png
202684.png

201943.png
202697.png

201565.png
202681.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksCleveland Cavaliers
Joakim Noah - Sore Left Hamstring (OUT)J.R. Smith - Right thumb fracture (OUT)
Courtney Lee - Illness (QUEST)Kevin Love - Left knee effusion (OUT)
--

Game Preview

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- What a day for the Cleveland Cavaliers and New York Knicks to be scheduled for a game.
Trade deadline day.

The Cavs host the Knicks at 8 p.m. on Thursday in the first game for both teams following the All-Star break. It's also five hours after the NBA's trade deadline, when franchises need to have informed the league office about the swaps they've made.

Forward Carmelo Anthony gone from the Knicks? To the Cavs? For forward Kevin Love?

Probably not now, though it was once a hot story when trade season started in earnest. It made the Cavs-Knicks game Thursday even juicier.

Both teams could be active before the deadline, even if it's not the Carmelo-to-the-Cavs deal that would turn the NBA on its ear.

Cleveland has been getting offers for guard Iman Shumpert. The Knicks could trade guard Derrick Rose.

"Never" is simply not applicable until 3:01 p.m., when the deadline has passed.

"Yeah there's rumors, rumors all the time," Cavs coach Tyronn Lue said. "You wish you could trade and get all the people you say you can get, but it never happens."

Cleveland was a potential destination for Anthony, the 12-time All-Star who has a close relationship with LeBron James and hasn't won a championship, but the Cavs do not want to trade the injured Love for him and are waiting out the Knicks in the event they grow desperate to move Anthony's $24.6 million salary and consider taking back role players.

Anthony has a no-trade clause, and said he's "relaxed" about his status with the Knicks because no one has approached him with a potential trade to approve, according to the New York Daily News.

"I'm in a Melo state of mind right now," Anthony said, according to the Daily News. "I think both parties are very much understanding of each other -- myself and the (Knicks) front office. I think they know and understand how I feel and what I'm thinking, and I think I know what they're thinking. I try to figure that out. But those guys understand and know how I'm feeling, what's on my mind, and what I would like to see happen."

The Cavs return from the All-Star break in first place in the East, leading Boston by three games. Cleveland is the hottest team in the NBA in February with a 7-1 record and has defeated the Knicks nine consecutive times.

New York is four games out of the eighth seed in the East. It's conceivable the Knicks could make a run toward the playoffs, and maybe even play the Cavs in the first round. But a trade of Anthony, however small the possibility, or Rose could signal a rebuild for team president Phil Jackson.

The Cavs are trying to go to their third consecutive Finals (seventh straight for James), so any move they make would be to build. If Shumpert goes, it would have to be for a player who makes them better.
"I like our team, I love our team, I love what Shump's done for us these last three years," Lue said. "For me, that's not going to happen."

(cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Well nothing changed as far as the roster, let's see if anything changes as far as the record. Probably a loss tonight but the schedule gets a little easier with 6 games against the Magic, Nets and Sixers over the next 12.

tiger0330

Legend
Melo with a last second 3 end of first qtr that they counted giving the Knicks a 36-34 lead but he clearly didn't get it off on time.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice Game-Thread Rady .. i guess we are still 40-60 in makin the playoff .. we didnt/or couldnt participate in the final trade week ..where Anthony Davis plus Cousins Twin-Tower movement party in New Orleans ..

we didnt trade ......
Melo shot at the first qtr. buzzer .. says we need Last-Shot Billups in the 4th qtr.

tiger0330

Legend
69-51 at the half Cavs in front. Nothings changed after the break, I think 69 points is the most points allowed in the half this season. KP left the game near the end of the first half limping back to the locker room. Looked like he tweaked his achilles to me,

tiger0330

Legend
Rasheed saying NO needs a big man coach for their 2 big All Stars. If 2 guys like Cuz and AD need a coach how about KP, Still don't like KP taking those 3s with time left on the clock, he's 0-4 tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rasheed & KG just explained our biggest problem .. our frontcourt players dont work together on the court .. Rasheed Wallace lol indirectly asking for a coaching-staff job for the Pelicans .. Pelicans plus Rasheed spells Finals

tiger0330

Legend
Pelicans getting shellacked in Cousins debut. I said I expected them to lose more games than they win over the next 25 despite Cousins, long term the jury is still out on these guys, both have not been on winning teams. I'm not sure Cuz can take a back seat to AD. The Pels have a year to see what they have in Cuz, I would not be trying to extend him either this summer.

Broadway

All Star
lol the trade that was supposed to be "low risk high reward". This dude is dumb as rocks and a goner and he knows it

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Chauncey Billups said Melo should be trying to go to a winner at his age.

But Melo wants to stay in NY get his stats and play losing basketball.

I think he's afraid to succeed on this level

and1

Rotation player
there's no way we're going to get any game-changing free agents this summer, not after the typical self-sabotaging type of dramatics displayed by our executive geniuses.
i WOULD say that hopefully we draft some exciting players who'd love to make MSG their home, BUT... we all know that no matter how good they are, they will be ruined by the toxic culture and flat out shady shenanigans established and well-oiled by the ultra-suspicious knicks organization. i've said it before and i'll say it again: wanna know how many games the knicks will win next year, no matter who they get? wait and see what vegas predicts. therein will be your answer.

Broadway

All Star
69-51 at the half Cavs in front. Nothings changed after the break, I think 69 points is the most points allowed in the half this season. KP left the game near the end of the first half limping back to the locker room. Looked like he tweaked his achilles to me,

This has been bothering him for quite some time if so. He's becoming close to a gimp now

tiger0330

Legend
there's no way we're going to get any game-changing free agents this summer, not after the typical self-sabotaging type of dramatics displayed by our executive geniuses.
i WOULD say that hopefully we draft some exciting players who'd love to make MSG their home, BUT... we all know that no matter how good they are, they will be ruined by the toxic culture and flat out shady shenanigans established and well-oiled by the ultra-suspicious knicks organization. i've said it before and i'll say it again: wanna know how many games the knicks will win next year, no matter who they get? wait and see what vegas predicts. therein will be your answer.
It was hard enough trying to sign FA's with a losing record. It will be even harder now after that blackeye of ejecting Oak from MSG and then having the police arrest him. No FA that has a choice about where to sign is going to pick NY.