Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 7:30 pm 2/25/2017 [Game#59]

jimkcchief88

All Star
Want to hear something really sad? Just read online that Melo shoots better FG percentages across the board when KP is NOT on the floor with him. We are probably the only team in the league whose chance to win a game goes up dramatically the more starters who are out injured.

The problem is as good and talented as KP/Melo are, they are both stretch 4's in our offense. So the dwell in the same spaces and take shots away from each other. The simple answer is to move Melo to shooting guard and bring CLEE off the bench. Melo has enough handles to play 2 and would be a matchup nightmare for smaller opposing 2 guards and now KP can space the floor for you, pick, pop, and post.

and1

Rotation player
all of this business about where we land in the draft and trying to lose games for a better spot and yadda yadda wouldn't be AS important if our execs (dolan and phil) had handled their business with a little more tact during the season. now our 1st round pick matters more than ever on account of the fact that we're not going to be able to sign any A list players, because let's face it, no one's going to want to come play for those 2 knuckleheads. and there is no doubt in my mind, not a single one, that the same kind of needless and totally avoidable high drama will start up all over again next season.

and1

Rotation player
The problem is as good and talented as KP/Melo are, they are both stretch 4's in our offense. So the dwell in the same spaces and take shots away from each other. The simple answer is to move Melo to shooting guard and bring CLEE off the bench. Melo has enough handles to play 2 and would be a matchup nightmare for smaller opposing 2 guards and now KP can space the floor for you, pick, pop, and post.

i don't think KP likes playing in the post. we got a nice glimpse of that last season. and how does moving melo to the 2 correct the situation of him and KP getting in each others' way in regards to where they like to shoot, if they're still on the court together at the same time?

jimkcchief88

All Star
i don't think KP likes playing in the post. we got a nice glimpse of that last season. and how does moving melo to the 2 correct the situation of him and KP getting in each others' way in regards to where they like to shoot, if they're still on the court together at the same time?
I'm sure KP doesn't like playing in the post, but I'm sure that's where he belongs. Imagine Melo/KP working a two-man game on the same side of the floor. Melo dumps it in two KP who would demand a double team and the subsequent kick out threes to Melo. Or....KP setting screens for Melo and then rolling for easy lob dunks....or floating out to the perimeter while Melo collapses the defense on drives and kicks out to KP for deep jumpers of his own. This is the offense we should be running. KP lingering out at the three point line heaving threes that lead to lead to long rebound run outs and easy points for the opposition is a killer. It's poor defensive balance when the biggest guy on your team is hanging out on the perimeter. He can't stay with the guards on those run outs and Noah is the best rebounder on the team but can't stay healthy. Look how the get killed on the boards every game. It's crazy but yet we got a guy 7'4" hanging out at the 3 point line shooting bricks. It offends the basketball sensibilities of old school guys like me and Kiyaman. It's one thing if KP can step into a three trailing the break. It's another thing if he's just hanging out there on the perimeter at 7'4" like he is Kyrie. You wonder about the regression in his game that's it. KP should be modeling his game after Dirk in his heyday. Dirk worked the elbows and killed from there, not just settling for threes just because he can shoot it.

Broadway

All Star
There really wasn't anything good about yesterday's win besides Melo coming up in the clutch(good for Melo and his fans), and some contributions from WHG and Holiday. Besides this Philly put on a textbook performance of end game accomplishment. They had players perform well but got the loss, preserving their lottery odds.

Now let's get this straight between us and the worst teams in the league we're not going to win and/or lose every game remaining on the schedule, but when you match up with those teams head-to-head at this point, we want the loss. We can't even do this right. Oh and when games like this take place...

"WE AIN'T TRYING TO TANK"

This team is garbage win or lose

Kiyaman

Legend
Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we let KP play the 3. What would happen with a front court of WHG, O'Quinn, and KP paired with a backcourt of say Jennings and Lee or Holliday. Might be a disaster, might actually work.

KP been on the wing so much u would think KP was a SF ..
Melo hasnt played the SF spot since his days in Denver ..
Both Melo & KP has to be the weakest PF in the league ..
Iso-Melo control 85% of the Knicks offensive possessions in a game ..
The Knicks so-call triangle offense has been a individual isolation offense ..
The past 5 seasons Noah prove diligently to be an important part of the Bulls winning offense by playing team-ball letting the defense guide the offense.