Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors 7:00 pm 2/27/2017 [Game#60]

DeRozan has been otherworldly tonight. He drains yet another tough shot. We are down by 1 with less than 2 seconds to go

Melo got a good look for 3, but he misses. He is livid, slamming his headband to the ground. Painful loss. A few guys like Lee and Thomas played their guts out tonight

tiger0330

Legend
Don't know why DRose didn't give that foul with DeRozan measuring him to try to take him off the dribble. Happy about the loss, Wally and Breen were talking about tanking and unlike the fans who want the Knicks to finish with the worst possible record, Horn and the players are going to try to win as many games as they can.

mafra

Legend
Best of bothh worlds.... being competitive and playing hard.... exciting game.... and ends with a loss. Love it. Best thing for Knicks' future.

NY now 12-13 in close games; TOR now 7-14 in close games.

We currently stand as the 9th worst record in the NBA. No way we can reach Brooklyn and reaching Lakers and Suns seems unlikely, but if we really tank this home stretch out, we could still get below just about anyone else. On the flip side, if we decide to win games, we could easily end up falling to the middle of the 1st round.

mafra

Legend
?I wasn?t expecting to be open like that, it happened, I missed it,?? Anthony said. ?I caught it and looked and didn?t see anybody right there. I was surprised to be that open. It was a wide-open shot. I made one the other day. I should?ve made that shot.??

mafra

Legend
New York had a foul to give on the final Raptors possession, and Jeff Hornacek notified his players of that fact in the huddle before the play. Rose, who finished with 16 points, six rebounds and four assists, simply decided not to foul.

?It was great D, better O,? Rose said after the game. ?I contested the shot pretty well, too. But I don?t know. I don?t know what to say after that.?

Anthony wasn?t fond of the Rose?s choice.

?Having the opportunity to foul out of that last timeout, that was a play we didn?t take advantage of,? Anthony said.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
?I wasn?t expecting to be open like that, it happened, I missed it,?? Anthony said. ?I caught it and looked and didn?t see anybody right there. I was surprised to be that open. It was a wide-open shot. I made one the other day. I should?ve made that shot.??

In other words you CHOKED Melo!!!!

tiger0330

Legend
New York had a foul to give on the final Raptors possession, and Jeff Hornacek notified his players of that fact in the huddle before the play. Rose, who finished with 16 points, six rebounds and four assists, simply decided not to foul.

“It was great D, better O,” Rose said after the game. “I contested the shot pretty well, too. But I don’t know. I don’t know what to say after that.”

Anthony wasn’t fond of the Rose’s choice.

“Having the opportunity to foul out of that last timeout, that was a play we didn’t take advantage of,” Anthony said.
I guess I wasn't the only one that thought Rose made a bonehead play. Like I said Derozon measured Rose before he took the shot allowing ample time to foul him without sending him to the FT line.

It was only one play, DRose biggest problem is he maybe one of the worst passers among PG's.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
i thought rose played derozon tight on the last bucket... he was up in his face... as Julius Caesar said... to tank or not to tank..that is the question....

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks had their trio starters Melo/Rose/Lee received 40 minute each in last night game, together the trio totaled 9 assist for the game .. the trio woke up this morning wondering how they loss a game they had the lead in for 46 straight minutes from the open tip-off.