Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Golden State Warriors 3:30 pm 3/5/2017 [Game#63]

and1

Rotation player
yeah, we lost to a really good team with the best record in the league. wow, what a shocker. melo only took 12 shots. isn't that what we want, for him NOT to chuck up so many shots? he was 50% btw.
what really killed us IMO was the turnovers. warriors only had 8 turnovers the whole game. we had 15, which isn't an absolutely terrible number by itself, but if you only force 8 turnovers from the other team, especially when it's the warriors, you're probably going to lose. i'm kind of surprised and impressed that it was as close of a game as it actually was, especially since we were painfully awful in that first quarter. you can't let the warriors build a substantial lead on you right from the gate. even if you have a 1 point lead at halftime, in essence you're still playing catch up.
our defense is whack. we've seen it all season long. but our defensive coordinator, or whatever title you want to give it, isn't going to be replaced. hopefully someone smarter than dolan is already interviewing people for phil's replacement after he makes some draft picks this summer. get a real defensive coach to work with hornacek, someone who's not going to help phil play his manipulative games (because hopefully phil will be gone by the start of next season), and we'll more than likely see some better results. i really do believe that in itself will yield some significant results, something solid to build off of.
well at least it SHOULD. but then again, it's pretty obvious there's something just downright suspicious and shady about this organization in general in the first place.

and1

Rotation player
Wow, Draymond Green is pretty easy to get upset. Read his post-game comments about the lack of music in the first half. Wow, guy needs to relax a little.

dray dray makes me laugh. a lot. he finds lack of music at a game offensive. this coming from a guy who likes to kick guys in the nuts for all to see. because that's not offensive, right?
he's a putz. go away dray, just go away.

tiger0330

Legend
Don't forget about the 5 points CLEE/LT managed together. Baker had 9 points on his own so he pulled his weight. I liked the lineup with Baker playing point and sliding DRose to 2 because Baker actually contests the ball on the perimeter. 1st team defense allowed a layup line; too many easy layups off back cuts and uncontested 3's which got Curry/Thompson going. That's really what cost us that game: poor defensive pressure:( and lack of scoring from CLEE/LT who both played major minutes. I keep saying CLEE should be coming off the bench as his production is too inconsistent to be a starting 2 guard in today's guard-centric NBA. But the tank marches on...,,
That might be the solution with DRose, move him to the 2 if the Knicks re-sign him. He has to get that 3 pt pct up for him to be effective at SG though. He shot 33% on 385 shots in his MVP year and 22% this year, he's had the sense to not jack up a lot of 3s this year with that % but no reason he can't approach that 33% if he really works at it.

Broadway

All Star
dray dray makes me laugh. a lot. he finds lack of music at a game offensive. this coming from a guy who likes to kick guys in the nuts for all to see. because that's not offensive, right?
he's a putz. go away dray, just go away.

He said it was disrespectful but he's going around constantly kicking players during games. He's a clown of the highest order

jimkcchief88

All Star
I remember that play and CLEE got tripped leading to that wide open jumper. No call of course and the courtside fans were screaming and pointing. Watch the play again and focus on the end. Not saying Rose defense was great, but he was nowhere near that play as the ball was reversed to the opposite side of the court. The uncalled trip made that play happen:(

jimkcchief88

All Star
That might be the solution with DRose, move him to the 2 if the Knicks re-sign him. He has to get that 3 pt pct up for him to be effective at SG though. He shot 33% on 385 shots in his MVP year and 22% this year, he's had the sense to not jack up a lot of 3s this year with that % but no reason he can't approach that 33% if he really works at it.

+1 agreed:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
yeah, we lost to a really good team with the best record in the league. wow, what a shocker. melo only took 12 shots. isn't that what we want, for him NOT to chuck up so many shots? he was 50% btw.
what really killed us IMO was the turnovers. warriors only had 8 turnovers the whole game. we had 15, which isn't an absolutely terrible number by itself, but if you only force 8 turnovers from the other team, especially when it's the warriors, you're probably going to lose. i'm kind of surprised and impressed that it was as close of a game as it actually was, especially since we were painfully awful in that first quarter. you can't let the warriors build a substantial lead on you right from the gate. even if you have a 1 point lead at halftime, in essence you're still playing catch up.
our defense is whack. we've seen it all season long. but our defensive coordinator, or whatever title you want to give it, isn't going to be replaced. hopefully someone smarter than dolan is already interviewing people for phil's replacement after he makes some draft picks this summer. get a real defensive coach to work with hornacek, someone who's not going to help phil play his manipulative games (because hopefully phil will be gone by the start of next season), and we'll more than likely see some better results. i really do believe that in itself will yield some significant results, something solid to build off of.
well at least it SHOULD. but then again, it's pretty obvious there's something just downright suspicious and shady about this organization in general in the first place.

And it was the timing of the turnovers that killed us. I can't say exactly but mid 4th when we were fighting back a stat flashed up that we had committed 4 turnovers to GSW 0. Hard to make a comeback when you have empty possessions because of turnovers. And the defense, predictably bad, though I thought the second unit, led by Baker, did an admiral job.

Broadway

All Star
I remember that play and CLEE got tripped leading to that wide open jumper. No call of course and the courtside fans were screaming and pointing. Watch the play again and focus on the end. Not saying Rose defense was great, but he was nowhere near that play as the ball was reversed to the opposite side of the court. The uncalled trip made that play happen:(

Naaaaahhhh no need for excuses, the energy Rose showed on offense vs defense was SINFUL! It was Holiday that got tripped, things like that happen all the time...sometimes called sometimes not, totally irrelevant to the lack of defense Rose showed...DISGUSTING!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Naaaaahhhh no need for excuses, the energy Rose showed on offense vs defense was SINFUL! It was Holiday that got tripped, things like that happen all the time...sometimes called sometimes not, totally irrelevant to the lack of defense Rose showed...DISGUSTING!

I'm not making excuses and I totally agree our perimeter defense is awful, but that particular play was not on DRose. He was picked off early, the ball was reversed, and CLEE was clearly tripped as he tried to close on the shooter. I clearly remember that play and in fact I posted GSW didn't need any help from the refs to win yesterday. Watch he play again and you will see fans behind the play pointing and waving thier arms after CLEE was tripped and taken out.