1626167.png
204001.png

101139.png
201584.png

201952.png
201565.png

Injury Report

Indiana PacersNew York Knicks
No injuries to reportJoakim Noah - Sore Left Hamstring (OUT)
--
--

Game Preview

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks return to Madison Square Garden to face the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday having lost three of their four road games, falling to a season-worst 15 games under.500 at 26-41.
The Pacers (34-32), in sixth place in the Eastern Conference playoff picture, have held their opponents under 100 points in seven of their nine games since the All-Star break after Sunday's 102-98 win over the Miami Heat.

The Knicks lead the series this season, 2-1.

Carmelo Anthony has been a bright spot in a dismal season for the Knicks, who had expectations of ending a three-year playoff drought when they acquired Derrick Rose in a trade and signed free agent Joakim Noah, both from Chicago. Rose has performed well, but Noah has battled injuries and is likely lost for the season after suffering a hamstring injury in early February.

But Anthony has been the mainstay in this chaotic season. He reached 10,000 points in a Knicks uniform in Sunday's loss to the rival Brooklyn Nets, becoming the third player in NBA history to achieve that mark for two franchises (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Elvin Hayes). Anthony also achieved that milestone with the Denver Nuggets.

"It's challenging," Anthony said of the losing. "You try to keep it tight and keep everybody positive. That's the challenging part, trying to keep it all together."

Anthony's mild-mannered teammate, Kristaps Porzingis, was philosophical about the lost season.

"It's a tough year, everything," he said. "There's a quote about smooth seas. If the seas are smooth, you're never going to become a great sailor. That's how I always take it. It's a tough year. I'm trying to get better so one day we can make a step forward and win big sometime."

Small forward C.J. Miles is averaging career highs in every offensive category off the Pacers. He began season on the bench then was inserted into the starting lineup on Jan. 23 against the Knicks. He's scored in double figures in four of the Pacers last six games.

"He's (Miles) playing off of Paul (George), Jeff (Teague) and Myles (Turner)," said Indiana coach Nate McMillan. "A lot of times teams are double-teaming those guys and the ball is rotating to that guy in the corner. He's (Miles) basically taking a lot of pressure from those guys, being that guy in the corner knocking down shots.

"It gives us balance when you have a guy that can knock open shots when he gets them. When you have Jeff playing with the ball and Paul playing the pick-and-roll, there's going to be guys knocking down shots."

Indiana has been up and down recently, failing to string together at least two straight wins since claiming six straight at the end of Jan. into early Feb.

"We have to come out and play for 48 minutes," said McMillan. "They (Knicks) seem to play well against us. They have proven scorers in Melo (Carmelo Anthony) and Derrick (Rose). We have to match them."

(cbssports.com)

Once again we come out with that play just well enough to lose effort that we seem to bring every game. Down 6 after the 1st quarter

tiger0330

Legend
Baker nice dish to KP for the jam after Randle with a nice lead pass to Holiday for a jam. Baker all up in the grill of Stuckey tying him up for jump ball. Both guys hungry young players looking for a spot next season.

tiger0330

Legend
Disappointing end of season not only for the Knicks but for me KP has been a disappointment. He should watch KAT who has been beasting end of season, similar skill sets to model his game after.

tiger0330

Legend
KP looked pathetic on those last 2 shots. The league has figured him out, take away his air space and get into his chest and you can stop his shot.

Down 10 at the half. We have a few guys like Randle, Baker, and Holiday who seem to want to play hard, but overall, our guys look like they are content to sleepwalk through the end of this season.
'
The one good thing is that our younger guys do seem to be getting more minutes, but to what end? What even is this team going to be next season? The more you read the news updates, the more this looks like a brewing full out revolt of the players and Hornacek against PJ and the triangle.

tiger0330

Legend
Pacers take a 52-42 lead into the locker room. Knicks woeful shooting 37% but at least held them to less than the 60 pt norm. Absolutely no energy from the team, they're in tank mode without question.

tiger0330

Legend
Down 10 at the half. We have a few guys like Randle, Baker, and Holiday who seem to want to play hard, but overall, our guys look like they are content to sleepwalk through the end of this season.
'
The one good thing is that our younger guys do seem to be getting more minutes, but to what end? What even is this team going to be next season? The more you read the news updates, the more this looks like a brewing full out revolt of the players and Hornacek against PJ and the triangle.
All I know is if there's a team that needs to clean house its the Knicks. Super team what a joke, can't even really blame it on injuries, they're relatively healthy but underperforming.

I can't believe I want Dolan to step in and go head hunting, I know he said he was going to go all the way with PJ but it wouldn't surprise me if he reneges on that and cans PJ or PJ resigns. PJ after 3 years hasn't put the Knicks in a position to succeed next year or when his contract ends.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Why does Melo only have 2 points? I know everyone hates Melo/ISO/Melo and everything Melo stands for but damn??? 1-7 for 2 freakin points???? It just seems the emphasis on the triangle and spreading the ball takes away the one thing Melo does so well. So if tanking means running more triangle sets then what does that say for our so called offensive system????:(

Broadway

All Star
'

This is definitely a possibility, makes you think Larry Brown or Mike D'Antoni is still coaching this team...OH WAIT!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
All I know is if there's a team that needs to clean house its the Knicks. Super team what a joke, can't even really blame it on injuries, they're relatively healthy but underperforming.

I can't believe I want Dolan to step in and go head hunting, I know he said he was going to go all the way with PJ but it wouldn't surprise me if he reneges on that and cans PJ or PJ resigns. PJ after 3 years hasn't put the Knicks in a position to succeed next year or when his contract ends.
I actually disagree. We actually have some some players to build upon with a pick and cap space coming up, but Jackson hasn't shown he can take it further than that, barring him actually becoming the coach and taking responsibility by not putting tasks on others he shouldn't and being a true president.

Broadway

All Star
Why does Melo only have 2 points? I know everyone hates Melo/ISO/Melo and everything Melo stands for but damn??? 1-7 for 2 freakin points???? It just seems the emphasis on the triangle and spreading the ball takes away the one thing Melo does so well. So if tanking means running more triangle sets then what does that say for our so called offensive system????:(

Looks like there is a shift going on and we're seeing what #kporzee can do. This isn't about any one player anyway and Melo has already had enough time to prove his salt, that greaseball is done for this yr. Probably should sit him before he gets himself badly injured due to disinterests.

What also may result of this, is officially scrapping the triangle next season if players can't be productive in it. We need to see who will belong here next yr and this is the main focus.

We go on a run in the late 3rd quarter and cut the lead all the way down to 2 heading into the 4th quarter. We've seen this show before though and much more often than not, we do not seem able to carry any momentum forward to finish the job.

Porzingis writhing around on the ground and not able to get up and walk on his own. Looks like all that happened is he took a very hard shot to the thigh. Hopefully he is okay. He's not one of the guys I want to see get shut down before the end of the season.