1626195.png
203497.png

201584.png
203918.png

201565.png
201588.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksUtah Jazz
Joakim Noah - Sore Left Hamstring (OUT)Derrick Favors - Left knee bone contusion (QUEST)
-Shelvin Mack - Left ankle sprain (QUEST)
--

Game Preview

SALT LAKE CITY -- Snapping a three-game slump is critical for the Utah Jazz in a tightening race for the fourth seed in the Western Conference.

Utah returns home to face the New York Knicks on Wednesday night after dropping three games to close out a four-game Midwestern road trip. The Jazz averaged just 89.7 points per contest in losses to Cleveland, Chicago and Indiana and shot under 30 percent from the perimeter each time.

"You're only as good as your last game, and our last game is a loss," Utah coach Quin Snyder said after Monday's 107-100 loss to the Pacers. "A couple of games ago in Detroit, we felt pretty good about ourselves. We have to find a way to keep grinding and winning. We've got to get home and get back to it."

Utah (43-28) is currently enjoying a three-game winning streak at home, most recently beating the Los Angeles Clippers 114-108 on March 13. Gordon Hayward averaged 20.7 points over those three games while George Hill averaged 26.5 points in wins over the Clippers and Nets.

Hayward is coming off a season-high 38 points on 16-of-24 shooting against the Pacers. It represented a bounce-back performance for the all-star forward after he averaged just 15.3 points in his previous four road games and shot under 35 percent from the field in three of the four contests.

Scoring outbursts -- like the one he enjoyed against the Pacers -- mean little to Hayward when they don't accompany wins.
"I would rather have zero points and win the game," Hayward said.

Victories have become equally scarce for the Knicks in March. New York chalked up its fifth loss in six games after falling to the Clippers 114-105 on Monday night.

Kristaps Porzingis returned from a one-game absence due to a thigh bruise to score 18 points and pull down 11 rebounds. It wasn't nearly enough for the Knicks, who trailed by 25 points after three quarters.

New York (27-43) has lost three straight road games heading into Utah. Finishing the season strong is a priority for the Knicks, who are 7 1/2 games outside of the final Eastern Conference playoff spot with 12 games remaining.

"We want to finish the season and not give up," Porzingis said. "Obviously, we're not where we want to be at this point in the season, but we just got to keep fighting. Individually, keep working and keep growing. That's it. Game by game."

Bench play has provided a highlight for the Knicks over the last two games. New York has gotten 41.0 points per game in those contests from its second unit -- highlighted by a 23-point outburst on 10-of-15 shooting from center Kyle O' Quinn.

"That second team does it all the time in practice," Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said. "They just play hard. They're willing to hit the open guy and they move. There's back cuts. We had two or three back cuts (against the Clippers). We just have guys who are willing to make those moves and the ball gets moved around a little bit."

(cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Great Game-Thread Rady .... these west coast late games could be a hassle to watch without falling a sleep .. especially by the end of the 3rd qtr. when our Knicks are down by 25 pts.

I wish Melo would have made a statement like the Jazz Hayward made after scoring 38 pts in a loss to the next team ..

"I would rather have zero points and win the game," Hayward said.

at least once in Melo's 6 yrs in NY

Good Luck Tonight Knicks .......

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks lead 20-13 early. JVG dissed WHG D saying he's a horrible PnR defender, never really thought that he was that bad.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks 55 .. Jazz 51 ...at HalfTime
We played the starters the majority of the first half .. our bench wasn't to effective receiving spot minute
Who's going to stop Gobert in the 2nd half .. Gobert has 17 pts in the first half.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rose is shooting over 80% plus gave out 5 dimes in the first half .. will Rose keep it up in the 2nd half to end the game with a double-double?

We've played tough for 3 and a half quarters, but Utah looks determined to close out this 4th quarter and clinch a playoff spot tonight

mafra

Legend
NYK scored 34 in the first quarter.... with 4:30 left in the game they have 87 points.

I thought we might win this but thankfully Melo and Rose ensure a loss (last 3 possessions: Melo offensive foul, Rose turnover, Melo forced missed jumper). 3 scoreless possessions and Utah scores all 3.... lead balloons to 9.

Game quickly went from 87-87 to 98-87 as melo and rose tried to play hero ball. 11-0 Utah run.

At least Rose and Melo selfishness will help us in the draft.

and1

Rotation player
NYK scored 34 in the first quarter.... with 4:30 left in the game they have 87 points.

I thought we might win this but thankfully Melo and Rose ensure a loss (last 3 possessions: Melo offensive foul, Rose turnover, Melo forced missed jumper). 3 scoreless possessions and Utah scores all 3.... lead balloons to 9.

Game quickly went from 87-87 to 98-87 as melo and rose tried to play hero ball. 11-0 Utah run.

At least Rose and Melo selfishness will help us in the draft.

don't forget KP getting schooled by gobert hahaaaa all. night. long.

mafra

Legend
Gobert has 35 points. He's 13-14 from the field (missed his first shot then made 13 in a row). Maybe 8 dunks? 10 offensive rebounds.... 9-12 from FT line.

tiger0330

Legend
Gobert has 35 points. He's 13-14 from the field (missed his first shot then made 13 in a row). Maybe 8 dunks? 10 offensive rebounds.... 9-12 from FT line.
He dominated. I'd rather see KP with a game like Gobert in 3 years instead of the jump shooting wing he is now. Gobert doesn't look like Shaq or DJ, I don't see why he can't bulk up to be Gobert's size in 3 years.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Apathy has set in for me as I didn't even know that was a ESPN game last night. I was Knicked out anyway after Monday nights' national tv no -show. Looks like the boys hung tough for three quarters last night before folding down stretch. Watched the highlights of Rudy Goberts' career night(who????) and Kiyaman is right: KP got served. Gobert showed KP the perfect example of how a man with size is supposed to play. Pick and roll dunks, offensive rebounds, blocking shots, high% shots instead of heaving 30 footers. Did you see when KP tried his weak crossover??? Gobert calmly stepped back and smacked that junk. If Horn is any type of coach he will make KP watch that game tape for 24 hours straight with his eyelids taped open. I'm sure PJAx wasn't there at the game last night since it was in Utah not LA but hopefully he noted that it wasn't his "unicorn" last night that took the challenge it was Gobert. KP is already slid into that Knicks losers mentality and it's tough to watch:( so the tank rolls on:(

jimkcchief88

All Star
He dominated. I'd rather see KP with a game like Gobert in 3 years instead of the jump shooting wing he is now. Gobert doesn't look like Shaq or DJ, I don't see why he can't bulk up to be Gobert's size in 3 years.

Nope that would be to David Lee like:( we would rather have KP tripping over himself after attempting crossover moves on the wing and getting his jumper rejected. Or heaving 30 foot bricks from the top of the key that lead to easy layups for opposition. I hope KP takes being dominated by Gobert to heart last night and re-evaluates the state of his own game but somehow I doubt it:(