202355.png
1626195.png

1626196.png
201584.png

201609.png
201565.png

Injury Report

Miami HeatNew York Knicks
Chris Bosh (OUT)Joakim Noah - Left knee injury (OUT)
Josh McRoberts - Left Foot Stress Fracture (OUT)Lance Thomas - Sore right hip (OUT)
Justise Winslow - Right Shoulder Surgery (OUT)-
Dion Waiters - Sprained Left Ankle (OUT)-

Game Preview

The Miami Heat spent Tuesday night playing down to the last possession in Detroit.

When the final buzzer sounded, Miami walked off the court with a hard-fought win to continue its pursuit of a playoff spot in the crowded Eastern Conference race.

Miami continues its bid for the playoffs Wednesday night when it visits the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden.

The Heat are two weeks away from completing a remarkable turnaround in the last 2 1/2 months of the season. They were 11-30 following an eight-point loss to the Milwaukee Bucks but have since won 25 of their last 33 contests.

Miami travels to New York following a 97-96 victory over the Pistons. Hassan Whiteside secured the win when he maneuvered the ball to his left hand and completed a tip-in shot just before the buzzer.

"Our guys want this so bad," Miami coach Erik Spolestra said after his team faced a four-point deficit in the final 30 seconds. "They really care about each other. They've developed such a strong bond. Guys really love each other. They want to play well for each other. It's bigger than just themselves."

Whiteside capped a showing of 17 points and nine rebounds after a wild scramble in which James Johnson and Goran Dragic missed shots. He was playing his third game with 13 stitches on a lacerated right hand.

"I got my dirty left hand on it and it went in," Whiteside said. "I lost the first rebound and then Goran got a second rebound. That was big. He threw it up there and I shot-tipped it in."

It was the biggest shot of the season to date for Miami (36-38), which had lost three of four previous games. The Heat are one game ahead of the Chicago Bulls, one behind the seventh-place Indiana Pacers and two behind the Atlanta Hawks and Milwaukee Bucks.

Miami has plenty of experience playing down to the wire this season. The Heat are 5-2 in games decided by five points or less during this run and 12-5 in games decided by single digits since Jan. 13.

"We feel like there's something special with this group, but nothing's guaranteed," Spoelstra said. "We believe in that energy and that karma. We believe that because we went through so many frustrating games at the end that it developed some toughness, if for no other reason than when we're down four, we're not getting caught up in other things, the officiating or distractions, it's just the task at hand and a very small chance of winning that game."

The Knicks are on the verge of being eliminated from the postseason for the fourth straight season since winning 54 games in 2012-13.

Much to the dismay of some fans who want to see the Knicks get in the best lottery position possible, New York (28-46) snapped a five-game skid Monday with a 109-95 home win over the Detroit Pistons.

"It's understandable," New York coach Jeff Hornacek said after his team shot 60 percent in the first half and did not allow a point for the first seven-plus minutes of the third quarter. "When you're not in the playoffs, everyone looks at the best draft pick you can get. It's hard. Players don't want to lose, coaches don't want to lose."

Derrick Rose scored 27 points, Kristaps Porzingis added 25 and Carmelo Anthony contributed 21 after sitting the previous two games with a knee injury.

"It was kind of a must-win for the team morale," Anthony said.

New York has not won consecutive games since Dec. 20-22, when it was 16-13.

Since getting those home wins over the Orlando Magic and Indiana Pacers, the Knicks are 12-33, including a 6-14 mark at home.

Miami is 9-2 in the last 11 meetings and has won each of its last five games in New York. In the first meeting on Dec. 6, Anthony scored 35 points in a 114-103 win.

(cbssports.com)

Thanks again, Rady.

Some people on this forum will riot if we win this game. Even if we play well again, I doubt Miami will back down like Detroit did.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Rady. No mention in the preview that this is mathematical elimination day for the Knicks, coincidentally they're playing the team that is currently in 8th place in the conference. A Miami win and the Knicks can't make the playoffs, maybe Horn helps along what he said in the preview, "When you're not in the playoffs, everyone looks at the best draft pick you can get.

Miami 36-38 8 games remaining
Knicks 28-46 8 games remaining

tiger0330

Legend
Spoelstra has to be in the running for COY. That team is overachieving, 2 of their starters McGruder and Richardson don't make 1.5M between the 2 of them, Waiters is out and they're still battling for a playoff spot. Look at the rosters, you would think that Melo, DRose and KP would make them the betting favorite to win this game but Miami is favored by 2.5 pts.

tiger0330

Legend
Slow sluggish game. Whiteside just scored and the 2nd qtr is almost over. Melo hasn't scored and has taken 1shot, KP 1-6 4 pts. Heat lead by 5 46-41 22 secs left in the 2nd.

mafra

Legend
Keep it up.... remain competitive but still lose it.

Amazing that MIA is in playoff picture and NYK isn't. Great coaching job.... and another solid team rebuild by Pat the Rat.

tiger0330

Legend
Hubie Brown weighed in on KP when Clyde asked him his opinion about KP said he's got unique skills for his size but now he has to put in the work to get stronger and play in the post. Agree completely, taking more jump shots is not going to make him a better shooter. Get stronger and play in the post and he'll reach his potential.

Then they showed highlights of Nurkic big game in POR, making an impact as a big man. Time for the Knicks to take KPs development seriously instead of fooling around improving his dribbling and tightening up his shooting mechanics.

mafra

Legend
Exactly. KP won't take that next step and become an all star until he can consistently use his size to score in the paint.

tiger0330

Legend
No help with the tank with Sixers and Magic losing tonight. DRose not playing helped the tank, Baker had a tough night.

mafra

Legend
SA jump out to a 23-3 lead over GSW.... NOLA might win.... ORL and PHIl both played good teams (ATL and OKC).... at least we sort of keep pace. A Nola win eliminates them from catching NYK.

Good news, if NY can't win in MIA in Friday.... I really don't see more than a 2-5 finish (maybe beating CHI and PHI).

tiger0330

Legend
Along with the tank Melo doesn't sound real happy saying he doesn't know what his role with the team is anymore along with reports he's not happy the triangle is coming back next year.

I don't think his NTC is going to be a problem in trading him, Phil just has to find the right deal. I think he would go to the Lakers even though they're rebuilding.

mafra

Legend
I would lose all respect for Melo if he didn't waive his NTC. There's nothing left here in NY for him anymore.... go to a place where you can at least compete for a title, and challenge yourself. I would root for him to do it, as a third wheel somewhere.

ORL had a 21 point lead. Vucevik wisely shanked a FT with 13 seconds left, up 3.... ORL crowd chanthing "M-V-P" for Westbrook.

SAC rolled over to Utah at home.... nipping at our heels.

NY, SAC, ORL, PHI taking this down to the wire.

paris401

Starter
i still contend that the NTC is bull(^$@... if a good team doesn't want him, a $hitty team most def doesn't need him... his value is equal to ron baker with a couple of subway tokens thrown in... n that might be overpaying

Broadway

All Star
I would lose all respect for Melo if he didn't waive his NTC. There's nothing left here in NY for him anymore.... go to a place where you can at least compete for a title, and challenge yourself. I would root for him to do it, as a third wheel somewhere.

ORL had a 21 point lead. Vucevik wisely shanked a FT with 13 seconds left, up 3.... ORL crowd chanthing "M-V-P" for Westbrook.

SAC rolled over to Utah at home.... nipping at our heels.

NY, SAC, ORL, PHI taking this down to the wire.

This lard lump can't even zip-it during obvious times of Tanking. His cloud is as dark and heavy as Marbury's, when here

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/carmelo-anthony-dont-even-know-role/

New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony was vocal following his team?s 105-88 loss at home to the Miami Heat, expressing his displeasure with his role on the team.

?I don?t even know my role. I don?t know my role to be honest. I?m just here to kind of help those guys and keep those guys positive and motivated. I get in where I fit in,? Anthony said.

Anthony played 29 minutes on Wednesday, finishing the game with 9 points on just 4 of 12 shooting. It marks just the third time all season that Anthony has finished a game in single digits in the scoring column. The Knicks have already officially eliminated from the 2016-17 playoff picture.