Official 2017 NBA Draft Thread - June 22

and1

Rotation player
That would make perfect basketball sense.... they arguably have best starting 5 in EC (the aggregate talent of all 5).... Melo could be their 6th man scorer and 4th quarter closer.... He would return home.... but, of course, Melo and his wife would never want to move there.... Foolish tho....

Melo, Wall, Beal, And Co would be lethal.

true, but technically DC isn't really that far from NY. lala and son wouldn't necessarily really have to move. it'd be kind of tough, but it's not like these guys don't spend half the season on the road already anyway.

Broadway

All Star
That would make perfect basketball sense.... they arguably have best starting 5 in EC (the aggregate talent of all 5).... Melo could be their 6th man scorer and 4th quarter closer.... He would return home.... but, of course, Melo and his wife would never want to move there.... Foolish tho....

Melo, Wall, Beal, And Co would be lethal.

I mentioned Wizards right before the trade deadline as a team "Melo should want to go to" but there is no trace of evidence since leaving Denver that Melo cares one inkling about "Winning". He's been about his branding and the team for which he plays for being in servitude of his services.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I mentioned Wizards right before the trade deadline as a team "Melo should want to go to" but there is no trace of evidence since leaving Denver that Melo cares one inking about "Winning". He's been about his branding and the team for which he plays for being in servitude of his services.

This was shouted from the rooftops by ME-lo the moment he forced NYK to gut their roster to get him here in the first place. I ways believed that would be forgives if he proves he could be the man.... The front office bungled the rebuild around Melo 2-3 times, so they don't get a free pass....

But selfish Melo put the target on his back by forcing that issue.... and his stay in Ny is defined by 2 things: losing and that Hibbett block.

So, since he failed to elevate his game and helped build a team... Melo has to go down as a conete failure, an underachiever who thought scoring was the only important thing.

Add what he did to Linsanity when that phenomenon cast a cloud on the Melo star... well, Melo did more to make NYK fans want to turn in their fan card than any other entity the org has ever seen (except Dolan).

I mean, even Eddy curry wasn't this pathetic.

mafra

Legend
Kings beat the Mavs.... NYK still holding on to the 6th spot.... I figured NY would split with MIA and beat CHI and PHI and finish season on a 3-5 stretch.

We're close.... lose the next bunch then beat PHI and we probably secure the 6th worst record.

tiger0330

Legend
Umm, I don't think even if we win the 1st or 2nd pick in the lottery that we can take Lonzo Ball. His father added to Dolan and Phil Jackson would probably be a little much for any franchise.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
I said after Lonzo said he was better than Fultz that I wouldn't pick him, his father is another reason. Lakers will be under pressure to take him and they probably will. Did Lavar Ball really say this, racist remark and his wife is white.

[h=1]LaVar Ball Says UCLA Didn't Win Title Because White Players Are Too Slow[/h]

mafra

Legend
They should demand he lose his job like they did with the LAC owner.... racism is racism but it's not always a 2-way street.

tiger0330

Legend
Tankathon as of 4/7/2017. Sure would be nice to get the 5th spot, looks like there is almost an equal chance to get into the top 3 with the 4th spot according to this.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I wonder if Sacramento would be interested in trading their 2 Top 10 picks for #1 overall? Would any of you be willing to trade them looking at it from both team's perspective?

and1

Rotation player
I said after Lonzo said he was better than Fultz that I wouldn't pick him, his father is another reason. Lakers will be under pressure to take him and they probably will. Did Lavar Ball really say this, racist remark and his wife is white.

LaVar Ball Says UCLA Didn't Win Title Because White Players Are Too Slow

here's my guess at this increasingly bizarre situation: he's doing these things and saying these things to scare the other teams from drafting this kid, bettering the chances that he'll be there at 3rd pick for the lakers, because that's where they both want him to end up. just my sneaky hunch.

mafra

Legend
I wonder if Sacramento would be interested in trading their 2 Top 10 picks for #1 overall? Would any of you be willing to trade them looking at it from both team's perspective?

If I were NYK I would do it in a heartbeat.... but, this is also why I wouldn't do it if I were SAC.

Now, we know this is a G-driven league. Their owner said the Love Buddy.... so, they have their SG.... which means, they may feel getting their PG is worth anthing.... having their version of what GSW, WAS, TOR, POR have is how you start these days...

So, maybe they live Ball or Fultz so much that they are willing to sacrifice....

For me... I don't love those 2, especially not enough to pass on grabbing 2 lottery picks.

It's almost a perfect trade for both NY and SAC if SAC loves Ball and they end up with 7 and 10 say.

tiger0330

Legend
Tankathon as of 4/8. Orlando and PHI lost tonight making a tie with them with records of 30-52 the best case. We would need them to win both their remaining games and us to lose both for a tie. Absolute must to lose both games so MN or SAC don't jump ahead of us.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 16

mafra

Legend
ORL won't win 2; PHI might win their next game but I won't hold my breath. If they do lose I still doubt we lose to them....

As long as we lose our next game.... we grab the 6th spot. Then, up to lottery to see where we stand.... if we win the next game we are in trouble bc we probably beat PHi and then Min and Sac might catch us. We could fall from 6 to 8.

We fell from 2 to 4 two years ago (and that saved us from ourselves). Let's hope we either jump up this time or end up at 6. Falling behind 6-7 would be a killer.... 7 might even be bad.

Broadway

All Star
here's my guess at this increasingly bizarre situation: he's doing these things and saying these things to scare the other teams from drafting this kid, bettering the chances that he'll be there at 3rd pick for the lakers, because that's where they both want him to end up. just my sneaky hunch.

I'd say you're on to something with this train of thought. Once again for me his dad is a non issue, I'm exclusively dialed in on what his son can bring to my team as a basketball talent. It appears to me Ball is becoming more of his own man and I can respect this as long as the goods come with it

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Uh Oh!...

Fultz has spoken

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0642808672015095693-4

Consider we are in the 6th spot and he probably knows this, his words are encouraging to read but I won't get too buttered up about it. The sad thing is, it would be wonderful to be in position to draft this kid...although we'll probably lose out due to not being able to move up. I said he's the best guard in this draft and thus the reason he's rated #1 on most mocks.

I hope this means he'll work out for us even if we're picking 6 or lower. That to me will be an even greater sign of his desire to play here.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
University of Washington guard Markelle Fultz said it would be "amazing" if the New York Knicks were to draft him in June.

"It's close to home, my family can come out. This is the greatest place to play, really," Fultz told the New York Post's Zach Braziller while watching Sunday's Knicks-Raptors game. "Big [arena], a lot of good fans. ... This is a legendary place."

Fultz, who is considered to be one of the top picks come June, averaged 23.2 points, 5.9 assists and 5.7 rebounds in 25 games as an 18-year-old freshman for the Huskies.

A native of Upper Marlboro, Maryland, the 6-foot-4 Fultz declared for the draft last month after Washington missed the NCAA tournament.

The Knicks, who own the NBA's sixth worst record, won't find out their draft position until the draft lottery on May 16. Talking about New York's triangle offense, Fultz said he thought it was interesting to see what it looked like in person as the Knicks lost for the third straight game.

"I think I can play in any system, just the way I adjust to anything," Fultz said. "I'm very versatile. It's cool to see that. It's a lot of openings. That's what I came out to see in person. ... Just the way they play, whatever they do on offense. That happens to be the triangle. I was watching the way they went through that and stuff like that."

tiger0330

Legend
Fultz is saying the right things about the Knicks but unless the Knicks get into the top 3 Fultz is not working out for us. Kid is coming off a knee injury, he's not working out for any more teams than he has to

mafra

Legend
Maybe after nearly 2 decades of futility... Balls will bounce out way. Think of Lakers last few drafts.... fall out of top 4 and lose pick.... they jump up twice, including ahead of us 2 years ago.