Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 7:30 pm 4/6/2017 [Game#79]

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Emergency game thread, I am away and not able to create a proper one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
hey rady... many thanks for all your game-day posts.... the knicks don't deserve you....

Well put .... Thanks Rady !!!
Can the young Knicks pull a win over PG-Wall's Wizards for 2 straight wins?
Or will the Wizards rest all their top players to make it hard for Hornacek to TANK?
Knicks win over the Bulls got D.Wade coming back from a season-injury to play the remaining regular season games to make the playoffs being in a race with Heats and Pacers

tiger0330

Legend
This is actually an important game for the Wiz, trying to get the 3rd seed so they don't have to play the Bucks. Bucks might be the dark horse team this year, I don't think anyone wants to play them.

tiger0330

Legend
Anybody think Baker can be the starting PG next season, even if they draft a Monk or Smith I doubt they start esp at the beginning of the season so maybe Baker becomes the starter next season.

mafra

Legend
Horn loves the kid. He plays defense and is tough. I hope he develops and grows his game.... I can definitely envision a scenario where he's our starter.

He plays hard, and for this roster that means something.

Maybe Randle takes his job tho.... hope they both are the opportunity.... and run with it.

tiger0330

Legend
Baker came advertised as a shooter but he's shooting less than 30% from 3. Needs to work on his outside shot this off-season, maybe Horn can give him some individual shooting instruction. Horn got into coaching by being a shooting coach.

tiger0330

Legend
Wall opens the door for the Knicks missing 2 freebies. His second he missed badly off the side of the rim.

Sasha makes a 3 and the Knicks are down 2 with 3 mins left.

Kiyaman

Legend
OK some of the players know we are TANKING!
Knicks are executing much better, guys just look like they are playing in a system now

tiger0330

Legend
Well I wanted someone besides Melo to try to close out the game but Melo takes the last 3 and misses. Breen said it was a good look but Oubre was right in his grill. Melo went 7-19 for his 23 pts.

The ultimate tank play. We go iso Melo for a deep contested 3 on the final play and lose by 3.

Let's just go ahead and lose these last 3 games and finish the season with the 6th worst record in the NBA. There's nothing much to build upon here with our current roster structure.

mafra

Legend
ORL won.... now tied with PHI.... both 2 ahead of NY.... a long shot.... but the 4th seed still in play for Knicks. We need INDY to lose to both ORL and PHI....

Still, ORL could win 2 more games and maybe PHI wins 1 game..... if this happens, we better lay down and tank that final game and let PHI blow us out.