Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 7:30 pm 4/6/2017 [Game#79]

tiger0330

Legend
ORL won.... now tied with PHI.... both 2 ahead of NY.... a long shot.... but the 4th seed still in play for Knicks. We need INDY to lose to both ORL and PHI....

Still, ORL could win 2 more games and maybe PHI wins 1 game..... if this happens, we better lay down and tank that final game and let PHI blow us out.
A long shot, they're really trying to win these games. Should have had the W tonight, if we had made a couple of those layups we missed we might have won. Not what I expected with DRose and KP out but credit the young guys for playing hard.

mafra

Legend
11:30AM: Wizards PG Brandon Jennings described the tension between Carmelo Anthony and Phil Jackson as one of the "wildiest" situations he has been in during his eight seasons in the NBA. Jennings added that the issues between the two had an effect on the whole team.

"It definitely took a toll, I think, on the team. Because it wasn't even about basketball anymore, it was more about what was going on with Melo," Jennings said to Ian Begley of ESPN.

Jennings said it was "cool" playing with Anthony, but noted that the Knicks veteran leader was under a lot of pressure "dealing with stuff with Phil."

"I think it was just a roller coaster, an emotional roller coaster for him this year with everything he had to deal with, which isn't fair," said Jennings. "For a player to wake up every day and you're hearing trade rumors and you might be gone and this and that. It was like a two-week span where everybody was hitting your phone, (reading reports) about Melo leaving."

----/

We all know Phil is arrogant and has failed as a GM.... but let's face it, these "vets" who ant handle PJ's mind games are ultimately to blame. Mentally and emotionally weak and immature.

These ploys didn't both Pippen and Shaq.... they used it for motivation. Melo said trust in Phil.... but he never was willing to follow the script. He wanted to do it his way.... Melo was stubborn and that's why it failed. What had Melo ever won in NBA? 10 playoff wins in 14 years?

Like Taj Gibson said, dealing with trade rumors is easy bc they're still Millionaires living a dream,
Will still be playing the game the love, in a place that wants them.... why is this troubling?

and1

Rotation player
11:30AM: Wizards PG Brandon Jennings described the tension between Carmelo Anthony and Phil Jackson as one of the "wildiest" situations he has been in during his eight seasons in the NBA. Jennings added that the issues between the two had an effect on the whole team.

"It definitely took a toll, I think, on the team. Because it wasn't even about basketball anymore, it was more about what was going on with Melo," Jennings said to Ian Begley of ESPN.

Jennings said it was "cool" playing with Anthony, but noted that the Knicks veteran leader was under a lot of pressure "dealing with stuff with Phil."

"I think it was just a roller coaster, an emotional roller coaster for him this year with everything he had to deal with, which isn't fair," said Jennings. "For a player to wake up every day and you're hearing trade rumors and you might be gone and this and that. It was like a two-week span where everybody was hitting your phone, (reading reports) about Melo leaving."

----/

We all know Phil is arrogant and has failed as a GM.... but let's face it, these "vets" who ant handle PJ's mind games are ultimately to blame. Mentally and emotionally weak and immature.

These ploys didn't both Pippen and Shaq.... they used it for motivation. Melo said trust in Phil.... but he never was willing to follow the script. He wanted to do it his way.... Melo was stubborn and that's why it failed. What had Melo ever won in NBA? 10 playoff wins in 14 years?

Like Taj Gibson said, dealing with trade rumors is easy bc they're still Millionaires living a dream,
Will still be playing the game the love, in a place that wants them.... why is this troubling?

dude, i'm sorry, but i'm not going to blame someone for not responding well to mind games lol. this isn't the military. this isn't boot camp. this is friggin' basketball.
phil's an ******* and the team was playing pretty well before he started with his ego-maniacal crap. saying that pippen and jordan responded well doesn't mean anything. that's them. that doesn't make it okay for phil to continue doing this sort of thing. so your boss harasses your co-worker and that co-worker is motivated by it. it's now YOUR fault because you don't like being harassed? come on man.
so what happens next year when he does this to KP, baby-gasol and whoever they draft? what if they don't respond well to it? blame it on them too? let another year go by with total disaster and blame it on guys who are trying to play basketball for not responding well to manipulative mind games? i'm sorry, man, but that's kind of getting ridiculous now. phil has to go. period.

jimkcchief88

All Star
dude, i'm sorry, but i'm not going to blame someone for not responding well to mind games lol. this isn't the military. this isn't boot camp. this is friggin' basketball.
phil's an ******* and the team was playing pretty well before he started with his ego-maniacal crap. saying that pippen and jordan responded well doesn't mean anything. that's them. that doesn't make it okay for phil to continue doing this sort of thing. so your boss harasses your co-worker and that co-worker is motivated by it. it's now YOUR fault because you don't like being harassed? come on man.
so what happens next year when he does this to KP, baby-gasol and whoever they draft? what if they don't respond well to it? blame it on them too? let another year go by with total disaster and blame it on guys who are trying to play basketball for not responding well to manipulative mind games? i'm sorry, man, but that's kind of getting ridiculous now. phil has to go. period.

I agree. Everyone is different and what motivates one person will just piss off the next and and cause them to shut down. Esp. In a team sport the rest of the guys I'm sure were like" am I next??? If the 25 mil. Superstar gets treated then it's my turn next." So team can't play together because they are worried about PJAx ire and psycho bs. Meanwhile PJAx is counting his $$$$ and not doing ****. Yup PJAx gotta go.

Broadway

All Star

But actually Anthony played by "career standards" statistically well during the turmoil, so what really was the problem throughout?

It's like this every yr with our fans. They start out with cheers of glee/glad tidings which quickly turns into shouts of fire and brimstone during the season but then when reality sets in and the season comes to a close the whining and crying picks up in efforts to protect some from blame while selecting others for a death march.

Listen I don't care who's chirping now on the outside(Rodman/Pippen/Jennings/Fisher etc etc) bottomline Phil and Melo were paid a King's Ransom to be great and turn this around and they both failed with Epic Proportions. No way will I sit here and post in a manner to see who's deserving of mercy and who's deserving of destruction.

Not to mention you could point to other teams who've faced turmoil in a season and Rose through adversity(Miami/Washington/Bulls/Bucks). The days of "leave it to beaver" are over. No perfect situations exist even if the team is already great(Cleveland/Warriors).

One of the reasons the disaster that is Phil is here, because the disaster that is Melo existed before him.

Very few things would remain after I took a blowtorch to this situation.

Phil=GUILTY...get rid of him
Melo=GUILTY...get rid of him

THE END!

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I'd rather look at a guy(#kporzee) on the inside who had something to say without waiting until he got the boot unlike Brandon.

#kporzee said early January this team wasn't good(saw signs), stated it again in March. His main reason...the team had no chemistry and stubbornly refused to execute the game plan, night-in-night-out. He said they kind of wung it taking turns to pick their spots to be productive. He even went as far to say the team should have been running the triangle day 1 and stuck with it throughout, a very unpopular assessment based on our fan base.

This is what happens when you have no leadership on the court, bench, front office! So there you have it

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Let the fingerpointing begin!!!! When you are this bad there is plenty of blame to go around down to the Garden security staff and the hotdog vendor. It's easy for KP to say" we should have been running triangle" as he sat outside from 25 feet flinging three point bricks. The entire franchise earns an epic fail from top to bottom. No one escapes blame on this one.