Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 8:00 pm 4/12/2017 [Game#82]

mafra

Legend
I'll laugh so hard if MIN jumps up to #1 pick. It'll be fitting.

Baker, Holliday swishing late 3s.... Ndour hits game winner. They play defense and stop PHI.

Of course, if I were coach and cared about the future.... I'd call timeout after Ndour hit game-winner.... I would applaud their effort in the huddle and then tell them---- FOUL PHI on the inbounds and send them to the FT line so we can secure a better draft spot.

We're still being punished for 2 late wins to end season 2 years ago. We got stuck with KP instead of grabbing KAT. Now we make same mistake....

People who say it doesn't matter, you want to win.... are fools. Of course it'll matter if/when NYK is selecting 8th.

Knicks feel from 1 to 4 two years ago. Instead of a franxhie cornerstone they ended up with just a good player. Looks like we just gifted MiNny again.

If anybody things NYK will be fortunate in a month... Ha! NY won't jump up, they'll lose coin toss to MIN and another team will jump up.... Drafting 7 or 8 is a huge drop off in this draft. Too 3 and you're golden.... 4-6 who could get lucky.... After that? Prepare for the next Jordan Hill.

mafra

Legend
Tank final. The tie with MN gives both teams an 18.3 of getting into the top 3 and a 5.3% chance of getting the top spot. Not drastically different than before this game, 21.5 and 6.3. Knicks fans will second guess this last game if MN gets into the top 3 and we don't of course.

attachment.php

Just love how that list already has MIN sixth and NYK 7th. Classic blunder by NYK. What happened this month and April 2015 has set this franchise back another decade.

Just like Gallinari and Hill costs us Westbrook and Curry, a crime we are still being punished for. Winning this game costs us what? 10-20 ping pong balls? All it takes is that 1.... and worst of all, a HUGE difference drafting 5-6 or 7-8 this draft.

Fultz, Jax, Ball, Fox, Monk, Tatum are the blue chippers.... I count 6. So, after Minny scoops up the last of this bunch.... NY is left with scraps.

And don't kid yourself.... NYK will be drafting 7th or 8th.

tiger0330

Legend
I'll laugh so hard if MIN jumps up to #1 pick. It'll be fitting.

Baker, Holliday swishing late 3s.... Ndour hits game winner. They play defense and stop PHI.

Of course, if I were coach and cared about the future.... I'd call timeout after Ndour hit game-winner.... I would applaud their effort in the huddle and then tell them---- FOUL PHI on the inbounds and send them to the FT line so we can secure a better draft spot.

We're still being punished for 2 late wins to end season 2 years ago. We got stuck with KP instead of grabbing KAT. Now we make same mistake....

People who say it doesn't matter, you want to win.... are fools. Of course it'll matter if/when NYK is selecting 8th.

Knicks feel from 1 to 4 two years ago. Instead of a franxhie cornerstone they ended up with just a good player. Looks like we just gifted MiNny again.

If anybody things NYK will be fortunate in a month... Ha! NY won't jump up, they'll lose coin toss to MIN and another team will jump up.... Drafting 7 or 8 is a huge drop off in this draft. Too 3 and you're golden.... 4-6 who could get lucky.... After that? Prepare for the next Jordan Hill.
Worst we can get is the 7th pick if we lose the coin toss. I think that means you get Smith who really is a gamble or the French kid who is also. One thing about the Knicks is they seem to have a handle on these Euro players and I do value Clarence Gaines opinion on talent. If he says draft the French kid, I think PJ listens to him.

Broadway

All Star
Just love how that list already has MIN sixth and NYK 7th. Classic blunder by NYK. What happened this month and April 2015 has set this franchise back another decade.

Just like Gallinari and Hill costs us Westbrook and Curry, a crime we are still being punished for. Winning this game costs us what? 10-20 ping pong balls? All it takes is that 1.... and worst of all, a HUGE difference drafting 5-6 or 7-8 this draft.

Fultz, Jax, Ball, Fox, Monk, Tatum are the blue chippers.... I count 6. So, after Minny scoops up the last of this bunch.... NY is left with scraps.

I think the T-Pups are ahead via standings because we swept them in a home-in-home this season...Mafradamus!

mafra

Legend
A team drafting behind NY-MIN could win draft lottery.... Say DAL. Then, we lose coin toss to MIN. If this happens, then NY drafts 8th.

Broadway

All Star
Worst we can get is the 7th pick if we lose the coin toss. I think that means you get Smith who really is a gamble or the French kid who is also. One thing about the Knicks is they seem to have a handle on these Euro players and I do value Clarence Gaines opinion on talent. If he says draft the French kid, I think PJ listens to him.

We might have to factor a team lower than us moving up, which could bump us down further than 7. It's not as likely but also not out of the realm of possibility

Broadway

All Star

I think there are about 5-6 players after pick 6 who could be All-Star caliber but boy is it gonna be tough to get it right. I like Smith still until further notice, other notables(Isaac, Rabb, Thornwell, Dorsey, Jackson, and a wildcard in Patton(project))

mafra

Legend
We might have to factor a team lower than us moving up, which could bump us down further than 7. It's not as likely but also not out of the realm of possibility

Minny tanked and caught NY.... PHI made sure they went winless in April. NYK, and ORL, the biggest losers tonight.

Sure, it might not matter in a month. NYK might jump up into top 3 and all this tank talk was useless.... but when has anything gone NY's way since 1985?

I'm still pissed we won't 4 more games twice a decade ago and got stuck with gallo and Hill instead of 2 HOF PGs. I'm still raw as hell we ended up with KP instead of KAT.

And knowing we stunk this year and knowing our braintrust loved Fultz.... we played this horribly wrong.

So, yeah, we'll now be forced to settle
For whatever crumb falls to us instead of grabbing the guy we want. Meanwhile, BOs, LAK, PHO, MIN, PHI will all get better.

We can only hope we get saved from ourselves. If we cant get a KAT, at least let others grabs the busts of the world and we'll take what's left.

We'll probably have to go big now. At 7, it might be the BPA route (that stud from Fla St). I'll take him over Smith or Frenchy.

mafra

Legend
I think there are about 5-6 players after pick 6 who could be All-Star caliber but boy is it gonna be tough to get it right. I like Smith still until further notice, other notables(Isaac, Rabb, Thornwell, Dorsey, Jackson, and a wildcard in Patton(project))[/QUOTE

Isaac would have to be the pick at 7... Maybe Trier....

mafra

Legend
For what it's worth.... KAY said if Melo doesn't play tonight then he probably isn't waiving his no-trade. No way an ego like Melo doesn't want his "final" Moment at MsG as a NYK. Did he play tonight knowing it was his last as a Knick?

Kiyaman

Legend
Thank You Rady for all the great Knicks Game-Threads throughout the season ..
The Game-Threads were much more rewarding than the performance the Knicks gave on a nightly basis.

I guess that's it for the New York Knicks 2016-17 season .. No Playoffs!
.... 31 win season! SMH

We beat a D.League Philly team tonight .. the 76ers had no shame in their Tanking-Games this season by DNP their young future potential players to finish their season completing their goal of tanking the season to be the 4th worst team to select one of the Top-3 PG in the 2017 draft.

Why did Melo play tonight? It makes no sense for him to play on a number of levels.
What did our Knicks accomplish this season?

jimkcchief88

All Star
I this was the classic pyrrhic win. I don't fault the win, I fault how our pre-season hopes of a 7-8 playoff seed plummeted to this. So now you have that "snake bitten" feel headed into the draft. But I doubt one pick will change this franchise' fortunes unless MJ or Kobe is in this draft.

Broadway

All Star
I think there are about 5-6 players after pick 6 who could be All-Star caliber but boy is it gonna be tough to get it right. I like Smith still until further notice, other notables(Isaac, Rabb, Thornwell, Dorsey, Jackson, and a wildcard in Patton(project))[/QUOTE

Isaac would have to be the pick at 7... Maybe Trier....

He's staying put for another yr at Arizona

Kiyaman

Legend
I this was the classic pyrrhic win. I don't fault the win, I fault how our pre-season hopes of a 7-8 playoff seed plummeted to this. So now you have that "snake bitten" feel headed into the draft. But I doubt one pick will change this franchise' fortunes unless MJ or Kobe is in this draft.

We are headed into the forth offseason under Phil Jackson management, and Phil hasn't put a winning roster together that's even better than the 2010-11 Knicks roster (28-26 record) before the Melo trade.
In the 2010 offseason the Knicks took two steps forward in improving the roster then on February deadline the owner Dolan traded for Melo taking the Knicks 3 steps backwards.