2017 NBA Playoffs

mafra

Legend
Joe Johnson went nuts down the stretch to even the series. He scored 12 straight points, then had 3 assists (all led to Threes).... responsible, in part, to the final 20 points.

Not sure the last time I recall Melo having that much of an impact on the fourth quarter of a game.

tiger0330

Legend
Clips have no chance with Blake out and Gobert back. Blake is the Clips version of Amare, Doc says he wants to bring him back as well as CP3 and Redick but BG can't stay on the floor so is he worth a max deal?

tiger0330

Legend
lol @ The Wizards making Calderon look like he'll be in the league another 5yrs(smh)
Had the the highest +/- of anybody in the Hawks. THJ was a factor as well, I always liked Timmy, ATL patience has paid off for them.

Didn't know much about Grant when PJ traded THJ for the draft pick that got him but I'm certain now, TJH will have the better career.

mafra

Legend
THjr has the pedigree and a legitimate NBA skill. We could've used his 3-point shot this year.

It was a fair deal getting a mid first round pick, and if we selected correctly.... we would be golden. Grant was highly though if in some circles, and he also had the pedigree, but if the triangle doesn't place emphasis on PGs, that pick screamed need (not BPA).

Still, obviously having Grant and Rolo moving forward next 2 years better than nada.

Losing THJ doesn't bother me so much because I feel like Justin Holiday can do everything THJ can do and Holiday is a good defensive player. That said, the future of any of our guys going forward is a big question mark.

mafra

Legend
In all, there were 17 former Knicks ? 12 of whom played on a Jackson roster ? in the NBA?s first round. (Only one, Kevin Seraphin of the Pacers, has been eliminated.)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Westbrook shooting his 4th quarter bricks again Thunder finished; REGULAR season MVP only manages a one and done um um um:(; but "Me-lo" is a 4th quarter/playoff chocked hmmm guys even MVP level players can't do dick with no help and wear out by the 4th quarter trying to carry a bad team on thier back on chief

tiger0330

Legend
Westbrook shooting his 4th quarter bricks again Thunder finished; REGULAR season MVP only manages a one and done um um um:(; but "Me-lo" is a 4th quarter/playoff chocked hmmm guys even MVP level players can't do dick with no help and wear out by the 4th quarter trying to carry a bad team on thier back on chief
Russ was terrible in the 4th qtr. shot 28%. I know he denies it but I think fatigue has to be an issue, he's not a great 3 pt shooter to begin with and losing his legs in the 4th affects his shot.

Game 1 - 4th Qtr - 0-2 FG
Game 2 - 4th Qtr - 4-18 FG
Game 3 - 4th Qtr - 3-7 FG
Game 4 - 4th Qtr - 5-11 FG
Game 5 - 4th Qtr - 2-11 FG

Broadway

All Star
Russ was terrible in the 4th qtr. shot 28%. I know he denies it but I think fatigue has to be an issue, he's not a great 3 pt shooter to begin with and losing his legs in the 4th affects his shot.

Game 1 - 4th Qtr - 0-2 FG
Game 2 - 4th Qtr - 4-18 FG
Game 3 - 4th Qtr - 3-7 FG
Game 4 - 4th Qtr - 5-11 FG
Game 5 - 4th Qtr - 2-11 FG

He most certainly was running low on fumes but really only 2 of those 4th qrts are terrible. He also had 2 qrts where he went for 20 I believe. I have more damming statistics from the Playoffs thus far. With exception to last night's game these were the numbers...

and in last night's game

I mean this is unreal. Not to mention how bad Roberson was from the free throw line, something like 4-22. No doubt Russ will learn from this experience, and will place more importance of being better late in games

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Grant is not a PG. Too many TOs, picks up his dribble too often, I would expect this Grant as the starting PG is not going to last. MCW is not much of a shooter but I don't think Hoiberg has much choice. Maybe DWade at point is an option.

Canaan is the starting PG but DWade has been the playmaker and ballhandler. Canaan has the rep of a shooter but not a defender but he's doing a nice job on IT so far, Canaan is more comfortable defending the shorter IT it seems.

tiger0330

Legend
Canaan going nose to nose with IT, draws a foul when their arms get tangled up and gets hyped. Has 4 pts on two layups but he can shoot the 3.

tiger0330

Legend
Big time shot by Butler with Rozier draped all over him, makes a long 3 at the buzzer to end the 3rd to get the lead back 82-79. Lots of lead changes in this game.

tiger0330

Legend
Boston went on a 13-0 run and opened up a double digit lead. Bulls lost their cool with a couple of techs. Now 104-95 2:31 left.

tiger0330

Legend
Celts 108-97. Canaan did a decent job at PG but other guys didn't do enough like Mirotec and Portis. Mirotec took 6 shots, all 3s, if he's just going to stand behind the arc and shoot 3s then hes going to have to be a knock down 3 pt shooter. Portis pretty much disappeared since game 1.

tiger0330

Legend
Great game in MIL. Bucks were down 25 pts. with 5 mins left in the 3rd. Bucks came all the way back and just took the lead on a JET 3 with 3:15 left. Raps couldn't do anything right in the 4th, Bucks would actually have a bigger lead if the Bucks could make their FTs, missed 7 freebies 5 by Giannis. Kid is dead tired sucking wind on dead balls.