2017 NBA Playoffs

mafra

Legend
Lebron is 32 and better now than he was a decade ago. He is a physical specimen unlike any the NBA has ever seen before. He could be dominant for another 6 years.

I think you trade that #1 overall pick in a package for Paul George, if at all possible.

I think Ainge has to make a decision soon.... Either push the chips in the middle of the table and try to win with this group, or trade the vets and rebuild.

Sure, he can continue along this same path, rebuild and compete right now.... but this will only ensure that BOS remains relevant for a while but never truly a title contender.

Amir Johnson is a free agent this summer.... Does anybody think BOS will improve if they let him walk bc they chase Gordon Hayward? They lack interior help now.... if they remove AJ from the paint.... well, good luck.

Crowder isn't getting younger and I believe IT is a free agent next summer and Horford the summer after that.

Bradley, Smart, Olynk, Brown all seem like solid, system-fit players.... but none of these 4 have show s franchise cornerstone type players.

Fultz won't really help this team win much next year (see lack of winning in PAC 12).... and if isn't anything more than a Tyreke Evans, and next year they commit big money to IT, letting Bradley and Smart and Olynk walk.... well, there goes the youth movement.

The problem for BOS, and rest of NBA, is that GSW and CLE are too good.

Paul George, Westbrook, and Melo
uniting in LAK, with their kids, seems like the only chance a third team breaks up their runs to the Finals in next 3 years (or SA if they can't grab a stud or 2).

And, speaking of Hayward, don't you think Utah has as good a team as BOS, with their C/PF combo? Will he really want to leave? And, if he does, won't a team like SA present an intriguing option?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think there's a few teams that can be big challengers to the Warriors and Cavs in a year or two depending on free agency and drafting.

Chris Paul going to the Spurs would be huge.

Chris Paul going to the Pelicans is very intriguing, and I would love that to happen because of Cousins and Davis. Also that's his original team.

The Timberwolves actually are close I think to taking a big leap. They should keep Rubio.

The Grizzlies need to stay healthy and probably get another piece or two.

Things will have to be clicking on all cylinders though for these teams to compete. I think the Warriors haven't even scratched the surface of their potential. They could go undefeated this post-season, beat their 73 win record (and still resting their players a lot better than that season) and sweep the Playoffs and Finals again. Having the greatest shooter of all-time, two of his teammates who shoot at the level they do, two former MVPs, four All-Stars, one Defensive Player Of The Year candidate, two-way player who's a former Finals MVP and All-Star, David West who's a former All-Star, Shaun Livingston, solid big men, etc. is incredible. Curry, Klay, and Durant's three point shooting is crazy as it is.

The Knicks will be champions next year though.

tiger0330

Legend
IT is out for the remainder of the season, seems he was nursing an injury he suffered in March. Kawhi not playing in Game 3.

EC and WC finals turned into laughers, can't wait for the Finals.

Warriors are favored but don't rule out the will of Lebron, only guy that even comes close to having the heart LJ has on the Warriors is Dray.

and1

Rotation player
the competition level in the nba has become a joke. everybody knew who the final 2 teams were going to be, but DAMN if both teams aren't just sweeping their way through the playoffs. i mean, come on now. i suppose the spurs had a chance, but as soon as you found out kawhi had an injury you knew it was pretty much over. even with parker out they still had a chance, but as of game 2, its a wrap. any other teams you can say the same about? any of the other teams you honestly believed had a chance of making it to the finals?
i'm all for appreciating excellence and what not, but come on already. full sweeps? it's a joke lol.
they should have 2 separate playoff runs. the first could just be the cavs and the warriors right out the gate for the ring, get it out of the way LMAO. then let the 8 teams below them duke it out for the non-predetermined ring.

Kiyaman

Legend
IT is out for the remainder of the season, seems he was nursing an injury he suffered in March. Kawhi not playing in Game 3.

EC and WC finals turned into laughers, can't wait for the Finals.

Warriors are favored but don't rule out the will of Lebron, only guy that even comes close to having the heart LJ has on the Warriors is Dray.

yep yep yep yep! The EC finals and the WC finals has become a series of College champs vs High School champs .. Embarrassing! Truth be told .. there are only two NBA teams in the NBA league again .. GS Warriors and Cleveland Cavs .. the rest of the teams poor players or poor coaches or poor management or poor minded owners .... Whatever happen to the NBA is Fantastic! its long gone.

You have to like coach Pop statement at the post-season game-3 loss .. "Pop" seeya lol
NO Kawhi for the 3rd game .. wow! Kawhi performance n energy would of push the series to 6 or 7 games.

Kiyaman

Legend
My selection of ROY goes to .. Embiid
Most improve .. Giannis
6th Man .. Iggy
Coach .. Spoe
MVP .. Westbrook
?????? .. Phil Jackson

mafra

Legend
We all knew it was the rubber match, 3 straight years of GSW-CLE. But for both to go 12-0 to get there?

If this season was a joke, a meaningless, mute point.... what's next year?

Kiyaman

Legend
I just notice Boston played 15 playoff games and only had 2 days off between games twice out of their 15 playoff games.
When the San Antonio Spurs had 3 days off between games twice and 2 days off twice in their 15 playoff games.
I thought Boston would have 3 days off in the conference finals like the Spurs had but Boston plays tonight.
You would think Boston 15 games in 32 days (playoff schedule) would have created several injuries to Boston rotation players .. Boston had one rotation player injury (Isaiah Thomas), which happen in the 15th playoff game. The Spurs had 3 of their rotation players go down with injury throughout the 15 playoffs games.

The GS Warriors won 73 regular season games last season, and signed super-star scorer Durant this season, and won 67 games, and not one whisper of disapproval were mention throughout the 82 game season SMFH
Yep .. I will be rooting for the EAST Lebron-Lebron to win the FINALS!

Kiyaman

Legend
Boston making run in the 3rd quarter after being down by 20+ in the first half has turned things around to just a 2 pt lead using a lineup of Olynik Jerebko Crowder Bradley Smart

tiger0330

Legend
Bradley hits a 3 at the buzzer that bounced around the rim before it went in. Gritty win by the Celts coming back from 21 down. LeBron didn't seem to have it tonight, wasn't his usual aggressive self taking it to the rim or playing with the energy he played with in game 2.

Kiyaman

Legend
Those 3 possessions out of timeouts were a clinic by Brad Stevens...incredible! Great Coach

So True .. Stevens get Big Props for the WIN.
I liked how Olynik and Jerebko held down the paint on both sides of the court.
Horford been shooting to many shots from the perimeter in the series, making himself a liability on offense

mafra

Legend
Bradley and Smart were terrific. CLE went up 21 and put it in cruise control.... I assumed Kyrie and LJ would put BOS away late in 4th, but a myriad of BOS players made plays to score down the stretch.

As usual, Love nowhere to be found outside the 1st Q....

CLE probably doesn't want to sit 8 days without playing.... figured playing 5 or 6 games a good warmup for GSW.

Will be interesting to see if BOS can win another game.

What tonight showed you.... No way BOs will be able to afford to sign IT, Bradley and Smart. 1 of them will leave....

tiger0330

Legend
So True .. Stevens get Big Props for the WIN.
I liked how Olynik and Jerebko held down the paint on both sides of the court.
Horford been shooting to many shots from the perimeter in the series, making himself a liability on offense
Stevens is way smarter than other NBA coaches and several Celts were key to their win but the Cavs lost because LeBron had an off night. I was waiting for him to take over the game in the 4th but it never happened, thought he was injured or something but he admitted that he had an off night. I still think it's a long shot that the Celts can beat the Cavs but for one night I was happy to see a competitive game against the Cavs.

Broadway

All Star
Stevens is way smarter than other NBA coaches and several Celts were key to their win but the Cavs lost because LeBron had an off night. I was waiting for him to take over the game in the 4th but it never happened, thought he was injured or something but he admitted that he had an off night. I still think it's a long shot that the Celts can beat the Cavs but for one night I was happy to see a competitive game against the Cavs.

I think Lebron went 11/6/6 or something like that, yet they were kicking the Celtics tail by 20 in the 3rd(late). His off night was definitely odd but the real reason they lost...1st half they went like 14-22 from 3, instead of being appreciative for their hot blessings and playing more conventional they got greedy and proceeded to go 2-17 from 3 during the 2nd half. And they stopped playing defense that's why they lost, they got ****y and lazy plain and simple.

No one thought the Celtics were going to beat them regardless of yesterday's results, especially with Thomas declared done for the series but we can end the SWEEP talk to the Finals that's for sure. Cavs better stop farting around and put the Celtics away because it looks like the Spurs are getting swept by Warriors

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yup great comeback last night by the Smelldicks you know it's bad when I'm pulling for them as I've hated the Celtics since the 80's...And with Harden and the Rockets selling out leaving us with the "shot our load" Spurs on thier way to getting swept by GSW this was the first playoff game worth watching in over a week um um um:(