2017 NBA Playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
Congrats to Danny Ainge and the Celtics for winning the EC, phenomenal job deposing the World Champs with that roster. On paper the Celts weren't supposed beat the Cavs with their roster of LBJ, Kyrie and KLove. I was just imagining if they pulled the trigger on that DeMarcus Cousins trade I posted about how they would have done, no question they could have made the best offer.

GS Warriors are the heavy Vegas favorite to win it all and not the reigning Cavs, no surprise and GS was firing on all cylinders without KD late in the season, now that he's back they should run through the WC like a hot knife through butter.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 83

tiger0330

Legend
Game 1 TV schedule.

Sat Apr 15

attachment.php

Game 1 TV schedule.

Sun Apr 16

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 68
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 79

Broadway

All Star
Good Thread Tig

The best series are in the East IMO. I think Pacers/Cavs series could create the most draw dropping play but quiet as kept the Bucks/Raps and Bulls/Celtics are gonna be hella intense

It's unfortunate Russ and Harden have to face each other right out the gate but it probably couldn't have taken place any other way. JAzz/Clippers is probably gonna be the most intense in the West

mafra

Legend
I wonder what happens if Melo and Phil had a clue.... kept Lopez and Grant and simply paid Wade? Would NYK be getting ready to battle BOS?

tiger0330

Legend
Good Thread Tig

The best series are in the East IMO. I think Pacers/Cavs series could create the most draw dropping play but quiet as kept the Bucks/Raps and Bulls/Celtics are gonna be hella intense

It's unfortunate Russ and Harden have to face each other right out the gate but it probably couldn't have taken place any other way. JAzz/Clippers is probably gonna be the most intense in the West

Rox/Thunder is the most compelling series in the first round for me. Rox beat them in the regular season 3-1 but 3 of the games was decided by 3 points or less. Russ went off for 36/9/9 in the 4 games, so him playing great didn't translate to wins. I'm picking the Rox in 6.

tiger0330

Legend
Pacers were hanging around despite the Cavs shooting over 60% and I was waiting for the Cavs to break this open. They just opened up a 12 pt lead with a couple of minutes left in the 3rd.

tiger0330

Legend
Got to love the fight of the Pacers. They cut the lead to 2 103-101 4 mins left. Lance Stephenson who couldn't play for anyone with the TWolves cutting him last is 8-12 16 pts in a bench role.

tiger0330

Legend
George makes a 28 ft 3 to make it a 1 pt game but Cleveland doubles him on the last shot. He gives it up to CJ Miles and RJ plays good D and forces a miss on his jumper. Cleveland takes game 1 in a good tight competitive game. Cavs almost blew it at the FT line only making 14-27 of them.

If the Cavs struggle I would bring JR off the bench and give Deron Williams a chance to start.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good Thread Tig

Great Playoff Thread Tig .... I agree BWay .. the best intense first round series will be Pacers/Cavs in East .. Jazz/Clippers in West .. i believe both series will give 6 great games each.
The Pacers gave a great battle all the way to the final seconds of the game vs Cavs in the first game of the series 108-109 Cavs win.

Im hoping coach Jason Kidd Bucks steal two wins in the series vs Raptors .. The Greek Freak athleticism may reach the next-level in this series challenging Derozan.

Memphis Grizz it seems forever has a injury to one of their main players entering the first round the past few seasons .. Tony Allen out indefinitely due to a strained right calf.

Kiyaman

Legend
I wonder what happens if Melo and Phil had a clue.... kept Lopez and Grant and simply paid Wade? Would NYK be getting ready to battle BOS?

Yes .. the move above is a playoff move .. keeping Lopez n Grant for a 2nd season plus adding D.Wade type of offense/defense leadership to the rotation = .500 team

Broadway

All Star
Gotta give the ball back to PG13 in that situation. Miles tried to be the hero and failed

Looks like it will shape up to be a good series, nevertheless.

Bucks/Raps shaping up to be what many anticipated...a hard fought battle.

Ha ha ha...to switch to the other coast, Dame Dolla says "Blazers in 6!"🤔

Kiyaman

Legend
Raptors shot 3-for-18 in the 3rd Q, including 1-of-9 from 3 and were outscored 29-19. Could have been ugly (uglier) if not for their 12 FTA

The Bucks had 10 assists in the third quarter, one more than they had in the entire first half.

Kiyaman

Legend
Greg Monroe stepping up his game has a double-double plus a valuable steal to push the Bucks lead up to 12 pts with 8 min remaining in the game

Broadway

All Star
Not surprised by the Bucks victory, not so much because of the Raps playoff struggles, more so Bucks are such a tough cover because they have a very unconventional style of play. The Raps are definitely rattled and thus it's officially a series now with a loss on their home floor.

mafra

Legend
The way PG-13 played, BOS looks silly now not trading for him. Geez, Paul on this BOS squad.... they could beat CLE....

Miles Turner has to play better tho.

tiger0330

Legend
Two things I said, Giannis may become the best player in the game after LeBron retires and the Bucks were my dark horse choice in the playoffs that no one wanted to play in the first round.

The Freak with 28 pts and a terror on both sides of the ball just like Lebron. Kid may have the best basketball body in the history of the game. Bucks hand it to the Raps on their court 97-83.