2017 NBA Playoffs

Broadway

All Star
The way PG-13 played, BOS looks silly now not trading for him. Geez, Paul on this BOS squad.... they could beat CLE....

Miles Turner has to play better tho.

What do you think his value is? Like what would the Pacers ask Boston for, that makes Boston still a threat to win it all? What if the Pacers feel they're a piece or two away? I love PG13, wish we had him instead of Melo

Just read the Pacers were offered substantial deals for PG13 but they never considered any of them, according to their owner

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Two things I said, Giannis may become the best player in the game after LeBron retires and the Bucks were my dark horse choice in the playoffs that no one wanted to play in the first round.

The Freak with 28 pts and a terror on both sides of the ball just like Lebron. Kid may have the best basketball body in the history of the game. Bucks hand it to the Raps on their court 97-83.

Hakuna Matata is very special, only scratching the surface, wait until Thon starts to spread his wings. I see them and Philly battling in the yrs to come if things project out accordingly.

I do think we have to consider very strongly trading #kporzee to reshape our roster with more youth. Orlando wanted him in the draft 2yrs ago for the record. As we're witnessing we're way behind other teams with young talent

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Im looking for OKC to do what they did last season on the Warriors by taking a 3-1 series lead over Harden's Rockets in the first round.
Its a shame how not one group of fans got upset or angry at Keven Durant for making the WARRIORS the best team in the league !!!

mafra

Legend
What do you think his value is? Like what would the Pacers ask Boston for, that makes Boston still a threat to win it all? What if the Pacers feel they're a piece or two away? I love PG13, wish we had him instead of Melo

Just read the Pacers were offered substantial deals for PG13 but they never considered any of them, according to their owner

Makes sense, given how hard it is to attract free agent talent to INDY. Can't get rid of a franchise talent.... I'm just basing my assumption on the "rumors" that said Ainge would deal Nets pick for Butler but not George.

As for TOR, they're now 1-11 in franchise history in Game 1 of post season.... They're accustomed to this....

If ibaka plays like this they'll be fine.... then again, if MIL can contain Lowry.... uh-oh for them.

Isaiah Thomas's 22-yr-old sister died in car accident today. Not good.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Kiyamans' Knicks MVP turned coach has Milwaukee rolling. By all rights I should turn Bucks fan as I could actually afford season tickets and the stadium is less than hour from my crib. I will root for the Bucks on the low, but how did we let Kidd out the door??? I'm sure it was known that he wanted to coach and dysfunctional organization U let Kidd walk out the door:(

jimkcchief88

All Star
And since when is Joe Johnson playing for Utah??? I'm waiting for Harden and my Rockets to play tonight. I broke out my Harden "Clutch City" jersey yesterday in anticipation of what should be the best 1st round series. Shame Knicks fans have to leave thier jerseys in the closet AGAIN and pick OTHER teams during the playoffs. Tanks again PJAx:(

tiger0330

Legend
Kiyamans' Knicks MVP turned coach has Milwaukee rolling. By all rights I should turn Bucks fan as I could actually afford season tickets and the stadium is less than hour from my crib. I will root for the Bucks on the low, but how did we let Kidd out the door??? I'm sure it was known that he wanted to coach and dysfunctional organization U let Kidd walk out the door:(
Kidd is a rookie coach that has turned into a fine coach. He saw the future with the Nets and bailed to go to the Bucks because of his ties with the owners but also because of that young team that he saw potential in. Why would he ever choose the Knicks, we're the opposite of a young up and coming team, when PJ mentions Baker and Randall as the future of the Knicks, you know there's a problem.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I just wonder if JKidd was ever given an opportunity...it was idiot PJAx that fired Woody, then tagged Fish/Rambis...just continue the Knicks predudice against their own former players...if it were up to PJAx he would fire Clyde and bring in Bill Wennington to do the Knicks games:(

mafra

Legend
And since when is Joe Johnson playing for Utah??? I'm waiting for Harden and my Rockets to play tonight. I broke out my Harden "Clutch City" jersey yesterday in anticipation of what should be the best 1st round series. Shame Knicks fans have to leave thier jerseys in the closet AGAIN and pick OTHER teams during the playoffs. Tanks again PJAx:(

JJ's shot reminded me of Allan houston's series winner bs MIA in game 5 of 1999. Good old days.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yep i remember where I was out to dinner with my P's snuck away into the lounge at Red Lobster to witness that game winner has to be a top five all time Knick moment

Kiyaman

Legend

So True .... Kidd left Dallas to come to NY to tutor Lin Sanity for 2 seasons or more as a player n coach, plus win the head coaching job from Woodson, plus make Rasheed Wallace or Kurt Thomas or both assistant-coaches.
When Kidd quit the Knicks after playing one season to become a head coach for the Nets, the Nets organization thought they were helping Kidd when they hired their previous head coach as an assistant coach for head coach Kidd .. Kidd wasted no time having him removed from the coaching staff.
I could not Blame Jason Kidd for quitting two MISMANAGEMENT organization in Knicks/Nets after spending one season with each club.

The Bucks Head-Coach Jason Kidd created an high IQ athletic (Jordan/Pippin) into Giannis, plus Kidd has the Bucks roster following Giannis leadership on the court to go on a 19-10 run in mid-season to grab the 6th seed playoff spot.
I wasn't surprise at the Bucks win over the Raptors in Toronto to take a 1-0 lead in the series .. Jason Kidd has over a decade of winning-experience in the playoffs.

Kiyaman

Legend
My prediction ....

EAST
Cavs over Pacers in 6 games .. Lance Stephenson!
Celtricks over Bulls in 7 games .. Butler/D.Wade/Rondo has playoff experience on next level.
Raptors over Bucks in 7 games .. Coach Kidd maturing into the next coach Pop every season.
Wizards over Hawks in 5 games .. PG Wall has been performing MVP B.ball the past 3 months.

WEST
GS over Blazers in 5 games .. I'm pissed at Durant for making GS the best winning team in NBA.
Spurs over Grizz in 4 games .. Tony Allen relentless defense effort out for the series.
Rockets over OKC in 7 games .. I'm still a fan of our 2nd round pick Trevor Ariza high b.ball IQ.
Clippers over Jazz in 7 games .. Home-Court advantage, plus return of Rivers in 3rd game.

Broadway

All Star
Man I love this dude...Westbrook on his friendship with Harden this series

"When I get on the floor, I got one friend, and that's the basketball," Westbrook said. "I've been like that since I was a little kid. My dad told me that when I was younger, 'You got one friend and your friend is Spalding. At the time maybe it was Wilson or some other s---.'

"Whatever the ball is, that's who my friend is."

Harden and Westbrook actually knew each other growing up in Los Angeles and played at the same Boys and Girls Club. They text and talk often during the season. It was Harden who ran over to Westbrook at the All Star Game in New Orleans, when he warmed up on a different basket than former teammate Kevin Durant.

It sucks they have to play each other right now

"Since 10 years old. That's never gonna change," Harden said of his friendship with Westbrook on Sunday morning after the Rockets' shootaround in advance of Game 1.

Got nothing but respect for each of them

mafra

Legend
Yeah, the shame of it is.... If OKC could have a do-over.... they should've chosen Harden over Ibaka. Then, regardless of Durant, they'd still be golden.

POR did the same thing to GSW last year.... its just that they do have enough depth to keep up... but for sure the back courts are equal.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! Both Bulls n Celtricks came out the door playing tight defense at tip-off .. 39-39 .. 2 minute left to Half-Time

Broadway

All Star
I talked bball with a friend of mine down south and said the Bulls problem all yr was Hoiberg's lack of trust in his young players(developing them) and not giving Rondo his due respect. Looks like he came to his senses in the Knick of time.