Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Porzingis blows off exit meeting

Begley reporting KP blew off PJ and Mills exit meeting because of frustration.

Just to add to PJs problems.

Last edited by tiger0330; Apr 14, 2017 at 21:29.

I hope this isn't true.... if it is, I might even call SAC and ask if they'd deal us their 2 lottery picks for KP.

First of all, part of the reason NYK became a dysfunctional mess is bc KP underwhelmed this year. How often was he impactful? Clutch? And, geez, try finishing a season on the floor and in street clothes.

Jackson said Friday that he'll listen to trade offers for all his players, including Porzingis, because, "Everything has to be possible."And in an effort to mold Porzingis into a post player better fit for the triangle, Jackson said he wants fewer 3-pointers.

The embattled team president even called Porzingis' treys, "A cheap way to score." Porzingis averaged 4.8 3-point attempts per game this season, up considerably from his rookie campaign.

ďHe had a game he didnít take a three, which I told him that was important,Ē the team president said. ďIf itís not there you donít have to take a three. Thatís sometimes just a cheap way to score points or you get anxious to score points. He had a shorter delivery on his shot. He learned some post-up things that were good.Ē

This is more a shock than any news about Melo. Didn't think the kid had it in him, popping off on PJ and Mills by blowing off his exit interview. Maybe a sympathy move supporting his mentor/buddy Melo.

Kid better get used to losing, this is year one of a rebuilding, I doubt we become even a .500 team before PJ leaves and KPs rookie contract ends.

Veteran

I said when we drafted the kid he'd have to be better than we think he is in order for this franchise to change. I was for trading down in that draft too, because I didn't feel we truly knew who we wanted to draft. Needless to say while extremely unprofessional of him I could tell by his offseason plans he sounded like a guy who simply wants to get away from this TOXIC environment a.s.a.p. He's young and still green, doesn't quite understand how he should conduct himself but I feel this is a message being sent to the organization by him.

I'm all for Phil including him in scenarios of major upheaval, I recently used the term "blowtorch"...as in everything. While I like some things about #kporzee and what he brings overall he's doesn't quite suit the fancy of "til death do us part".

I'm not surprised at all!

Originally Posted by mafra
    Jackson said Friday that he'll listen to trade offers for all his players, including Porzingis, because, "Everything has to be possible."And in an effort to mold Porzingis into a post player better fit for the triangle, Jackson said he wants fewer 3-pointers.

The embattled team president even called Porzingis' treys, "A cheap way to score." Porzingis averaged 4.8 3-point attempts per game this season, up considerably from his rookie campaign.

“He had a game he didn’t take a three, which I told him that was important,” the team president said. “If it’s not there you don’t have to take a three. That’s sometimes just a cheap way to score points or you get anxious to score points. He had a shorter delivery on his shot. He learned some post-up things that were good.”
    The kid probably didn't take kindly to PJ telling him not to shoot 3s since he thinks he's the 7'3" version of Steph or Kyrie.

We'll see how much progress he makes in the off-season but I get the feeling he doesn't like or want to play in the post.

Just for kicks... if you're SAC would you take the known over the unknown? Say, trade the 4th and 10th pick for KP?

KP and Buddy....

And, if you were running the Knicks, would you trade KP and start rebuild with 3 top 10 picks and WHG? Ask for more?

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Just for kicks... if you're SAC would you take the known over the unknown? Say, trade the 4th and 10th pick for KP?

KP and Buddy....

And, if you were running the Knicks, would you trade KP and start rebuild with 3 top 10 picks and WHG? Ask for more?
    You mean 8 and 10 right? Maybe a puncher's chance getting closer to the draft. Probably can't get both of them but I would do this trade.

I certainly wouldn't do it for less. And, if it were 2 pucks beyond the top 7.... I would demand SAC's unprotected 2018 pick. And that trade I would do in a heartbeat.

WHG and 3 lottery picks and potentially 2 more lottery picks next year. That would turn around this team quickly, especially if we traded Melo for something.

Like you said.... I like KP's potential but I'm not ga-ga over it either.

Veteran

Phil Jackson is the problem here, not KP. If you're going to get rid one of them and it's not PJ, you sure as hell better be getting a sure thing in return. Like KP's game or not, he is the only player asset we have with even the slightest value at the moment.

Veteran

Originally Posted by htr10
    Phil Jackson is the problem here, not KP. If you're going to get rid one of them and it's not PJ, you sure as hell better be getting a sure thing in return. Like KP's game or not, he is the only player asset we have with even the slightest value at the moment.
    TRUE..TRUE.... we will see what value Me-Lo has, I think it low...real low... lets see who else has value... ohh yea ... ron baker... , Phil was touting him ... he's not even a starter in the D league ... I always thought Phil was a pot head... when did he switch over to crack...

One guys comments about Porzingis not liking PJ trading Melo to go full Sixers made me laugh. How long have the Sixer's been rebuilding? Knicks are just starting 3 years into the PJ era, Dolan should have given him a 10 year contract at the rate he's going to turn this franchise around.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    One guys comments about Porzingis not liking PJ trading Melo to go full Sixers made me laugh. How long have the Sixer's been rebuilding? Knicks are just starting 3 years into the PJ era, Dolan should have given him a 10 year contract at the rate he's going to turn this franchise around.
    Knicks haven't really been rebuilding(in the true tear down sense) if #kporzee was the start of it. We still may not do a complete rebuild although we'll come a lot closer going forward.

If we go back to drafting #kporzee where was the pick the following yr? Oh that's right the trash GM we had prior to Phil traded it in the Bargnani trade. Speaking of rebuilding Carmelo stated the Knicks were doing this in the sense of him being the center piece as in rebuilding around him...how long did we do that? So if we were to take this at face value one has to almost laugh at the Philly compared insertion going down memory lane

Oh we know the GM who had a chance to draft Jimmy Butler but instead drafted Iman Shumpert, who had a chance to draft Rudy Gobert but instead drafted Tim Hardaway Jr. The same GM who gave Steve Novak, and Landry Fields garbage deals and then brought back Raymond Felton through a garbage trade and yet fans keep hanging hat on the suspect 53 win season? GTFOH!

Let me ask an honest question...do Knick fans ever reflect in awe how Denver won 57gms the same season a couple seasons removed from trading Melo? I'll answer this loaded ?...NO! We don't because we don't look at that season with any merit because it was flukey and their subsequent seasons following proved it. Much the same with our Knicks. Proof was in the spiked pudding

Phil/Knicks have a chance to do this now with ridding ourselves of Melo and not bringing back Rose, thus we can build around a young core as the focus and not overrated so called stars.

Originally Posted by htr10
    yes, phil is the problem. he wants to mold KP into a post player, which is something KP obviously does not like.
    and the fact that 3s are a cheap way to score? can he really be that clueless about how the game has changed over the past bunch of years?
    what we witnessed this year with the unnecessary drama and manipulation and sabotaging is not going to end this summer.
    phil wants them to 'win' his way, but his way is not going to lead to winning.
    and what are we going to do? blow it up every summer so that we have absolutely no consistency at all from season to season?
    blame vegas

And a HUGE problem with Phil.... he'll leave in 2 years and NYK will
    throw triangle principles and concepts into the scrap heap of history....

So, a roster assembled with triangle players in mind (specifically next 2 drafts) might set us back even more.

Then again, if Phil funds 2-3 KP/WHG types, and either Baker or Randle prove to be Ward type PG.... by a complete accident Phil might at least leave something worthwhile.