Porzingis blows off exit meeting

Broadway

All Star
I figure it's gonna be Saric, thought this as soon as Embiid went down.

Oh okay I was wrong...Malcom Brogdon wins it, probably came down to winning but I'm happy for him. Classy hardnose working kid.

Gannis
Maker
Parker
Brogdon
Wilson
Payton

Won't even include Middleton or Snell, their young core is about as good as it gets. Man they got a steal in Wilson, maybe a more athletic Kelly Olynyk. Bucks are even longer, sheesh.

mafra

Legend
Oh okay I was wrong...Malcom Brogdon wins it, probably came down to winning but I'm happy for him. Classy hardnose working kid.

Gannis
Maker
Parker
Brogdon
Wilson
Payton

Won't even include Middleton or Snell, their young core is about as good as it gets. Man they got a steal in Wilson, maybe a more athletic Kelly Olynyk. Bucks are even longer, sheesh.

Wilson was a steal. A mini-Duncan type.

Broadway

All Star
March 1st 2017 #kporzee said

ORLANDO, Fla. ? Phil Jackson isn?t the only person who likes that the Knicks are playing more triangle. Kristaps Porzingis is a fan of the often-criticized offense and believes the Knicks should have been emphasizing it from the start of the season.

?We?re starting to learn it now the way we should [and] we should have been playing from the beginning of the season,? Porzingis said ?So we?re a little behind. But every game we?re getting a little better. Hopefully, I don?t know when, we can start using it properly and making some impact playing it.?

Porzingis, who returned Wednesday night after missing the past two games with a sprained right ankle, is happy the Knicks have gone back to utilizing more triangle since returning from the All-Star break last week. His opinion matters since the Knicks will be building around Porzingis.

Coach Jeff Hornacek said a goal for the rest of this season is to ?continue to grow the offense,? and that the Knicks would evaluate players on whether they can play in it.

?I like the triangle,? Porzingis said. ?My first season, the whole first season we played nothing but the triangle so I know it pretty well. I like the offense. It can only work if everybody believes in it and everybody executes it the right way.?

Ha Ha Ha #kporzee butthurt over his boy Melo and him being called about by Phil about their game. So he decided to take his ball and go home awwwwww. He's SOFF folks, no other way to slice it. I have more articles locked and loaded to expose him if what's being written is true. His 2nd yr was lukewarm as they come.

I clearly said #kporzee told on himself early with how thin skinned he is, in particular trying to stick up for Melo publicly. Phil said in the presser there are close to about 12 guys on the team who make effort to play in the system, but a a few who rebell it. Fans even recognized how different the team looks without certain guys playing and giving full effort. Did evidence not show WHG and #kporzee were pretty productive together whatever we were running? Did not some players show effort and play hard down the stretch? So who in totality is rebelling this summer?

Sounds like the media wants in on this war, as usual

Wow this kid really is a Melo puppet, because no way you 180 as quick as he did

mafra

Legend
I wouldn't go for to call him a puppet... PHil Jax played into Melo's hands with his public verbal assault on Melo the player.
It might just be a case where KP saw how PHil was behaving and thus had a change of heart.

Dude is 20 & 21, playing in NBA, and playing with a HOF talent in Melo. Not sure what you were doing at 21, but I probably would've been in awe of Melo a tad....

And, what KP did now.... making a stand against the organization, and doing it in a subtle way.... without sounding like a jerk railing against the team publically.... shows gumption.

KP got the ball rolling that ended up ousting PHil. That shows some leadership and earned him cred inside the locker room. Just read what KOQ said about him recently.

Looking at Phil's behavior.... KP was warranted. This wasn't a petulant brat running a good man out of town.

That's just my opinion tho, take it for what it's worth.

Broadway

All Star
I hope #kporzee doesn't start flinging poo at Hornacek as he was a linchpin(thought it bees all Phil) in erasing his boi Longstaff from the organization

So Hornacek didn't endorse Melo remaining a Knick recently and now he's showing up savage here. I'll say it again he better tread lightly, #kporzee and Melo will get em...:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Maurice Ndour - F - Knicks
Knicks waive F Maurice Ndour.
The Forest Moon was a fan favorite at times and he came on late in the season, averaging 8.4 points, 5.4 boards, 1.0 blocks, 0.8 steals and 1.2 turnovers in 26.6 minutes per game over the last five. Ndour showed he can play both forward spots at the NBA level, but he still doesn't have much skill to make him a rotation staple on most teams.
Source: Shams Charania on Twitter Jun 30 - 2:02 PM

According to Ramona Shelburne of ESPN, Steve Mills will likely be named New York's president of basketball operations if the Knicks hire David Griffin as GM.
Griffin appears to be the leading candidate for the Knicks job at the moment, as the Knicks have reportedly told teams they are no longer pursuing Toronto's Masai Ujiri. Griffin, the former GM of the Cavs, has already spoken with New York and the two sides are expected to have additional meetings in the coming days.
Source: Ramona Shelburne on Twitter Jun 30 - 1:56 PM

tiger0330

Legend
Maurice Ndour - F - Knicks
Knicks waive F Maurice Ndour.
The Forest Moon was a fan favorite at times and he came on late in the season, averaging 8.4 points, 5.4 boards, 1.0 blocks, 0.8 steals and 1.2 turnovers in 26.6 minutes per game over the last five. Ndour showed he can play both forward spots at the NBA level, but he still doesn't have much skill to make him a rotation staple on most teams.
Source: Shams Charania on Twitter Jun 30 - 2:02 PM

According to Ramona Shelburne of ESPN, Steve Mills will likely be named New York's president of basketball operations if the Knicks hire David Griffin as GM.
Griffin appears to be the leading candidate for the Knicks job at the moment, as the Knicks have reportedly told teams they are no longer pursuing Toronto's Masai Ujiri. Griffin, the former GM of the Cavs, has already spoken with New York and the two sides are expected to have additional meetings in the coming days.
Source: Ramona Shelburne on Twitter Jun 30 - 1:56 PM
Cap space move for FA with N'Dour, I would think.

I said they should sign Griff as the GM and if he wanted a title make him VP of bball ops but leave Mills as the President.

tiger0330

Legend
KP putting in the work. Only thing I wish the Knicks would do is send Hakeem over there, a lot of big men like Chandler and Yao wouldn't benefit from Hakeem coaching them because they just didn't have skill set that they could benefit from what Hakeem could teach them but I think KP does.

Guy wasn't kidding about living in the gym this off-season, got a good feeling about his emergence this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
KP has not showed me any signs of being a future star player or team player in his 2 season performance to be receiving all the hype-up star publicity news .. KP two season performance were not worth keeping after missing the exit meeting.
KP shouldve been traded for a draft pick on draft night, but NBA teams with first round draft picks were not interested in KP.

KP putting in the work. Only thing I wish the Knicks would do is send Hakeem over there, a lot of big men like Chandler and Yao wouldn't benefit from Hakeem coaching them because they just didn't have skill set that they could benefit from what Hakeem could teach them but I think KP does.

Guy wasn't kidding about living in the gym this off-season, got a good feeling about his emergence this season.

It seems like a funny thing to say, but KP needs to approach this year as an All-Star season or bust. He will likely now be the true focal point of our offense and he should be working to improve on other areas like his rebounding and all-around defense to go with his shot blocking.

Then, if you look at the 2017 Eastern Conference All-Star frontcourt players:
Jimmy Butler - Gone to Western Conference
Carmelo Anthony - Fighting hard to go to Houston in the Western Conference
Paul George - Gone to Western Conference
Paul Millsap - Gone to Western Conference

Only returning All-Stars to the Eastern Conference are Lebron, Love, and Ante. That means the door is wide open for some new star faces in the East led by guys like Embiid. KP needs to see himself as one of those guys, starting this season.

mafra

Legend
It seems like a funny thing to say, but KP needs to approach this year as an All-Star season or bust. He will likely now be the true focal point of our offense and he should be working to improve on other areas like his rebounding and all-around defense to go with his shot blocking.

Then, if you look at the 2017 Eastern Conference All-Star frontcourt players:
Jimmy Butler - Gone to Western Conference
Carmelo Anthony - Fighting hard to go to Houston in the Western Conference
Paul George - Gone to Western Conference
Paul Millsap - Gone to Western Conference

Only returning All-Stars to the Eastern Conference are Lebron, Love, and Ante. That means the door is wide open for some new star faces in the East led by guys like Embiid. KP needs to see himself as one of those guys, starting this season.

I believe in KP's work ethic and will to be great..... thankfully Phil didn't listen to a lot of fans that clammored for Mudiay.

Broadway

All Star
I believe in KP's work ethic and will to be great..... thankfully Phil didn't listen to a lot of fans that clammored for Mudiay.

I think Phil got it right today in a 1-to-1 over Mudiay(story not over yet) or Phil's preferred pick Okafor but there were several scenarios including trading down(for multiple picks) or trading the pick to bring in another prominent player like the Wolves did for Butler, Ainge did for Ray Allen...etc etc.

With that being said if evidence proves current reality to be so, then fans should man up. I have never a problem doing so.

What we do know is evidence has shown Knicks have been wrong at every single turn with Melo, every single last one and have also done gawd awful with handing out contracts/trades. We really dodged another bullet with Monroe

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I think Phil got it right today in a 1-to-1 over Mudiay(story not over yet) or Phil's preferred pick Okafor but there were several scenarios including trading down(for multiple picks) or trading the pick to bring in another prominent player like the Wolves did for Butler, Ainge did for Ray Allen...etc etc.

With that being said if evidence proves current reality to be so, then fans should man up. I have never a problem doing so.

What we do know is evidence has shown Knicks have been wrong at every single turn with Melo, every single last one and have also done gawd awful with handing out contracts/trades. We really dodged another bullet with Monroe

At least Knicks were consistent.... made a bad move trading house for him, ran 4 HC and Gms thru him and now bungles his departure.

Broadway

All Star
According to recent reports the Knicks relationship with #kporzee is still "love on the rocks." Mills I believe stated during the press conference he has a "hectic" texting schedule with #kporzee and that he has spoken to him a few times. So Phil is gone and he's still relatively distant and pouting?

Like what does hectic mean?

Begley also reports in a recent podcast if the Knicks don't successfully repair the relationship soon #kporzee is gone and WHG will likely follow. Hey but who has time to try and repair this relationship when Melo is commanding all the attention.

Like Howard Beck recently reported this franchise is still a mess

Meanwhile last yr James Harden spoke about he and D'Antoni being like "best friends" and that they talk all the time off court not even about basketball. When people want to talk they talk, they make time for it no matter the circumstances.

mafra

Legend
Kristaps Porzingis said that New York is his "home" and that he hopes to remain a Knick his "whole career."

Porzingis is in Johannesburg for the NBA Africa Game this weekend and spoke with the media at length for the first time this summer. Knicks fans have to be relieved that the strained relationship between Porzingis and the Knicks seems to be improving. "So far it’s been tough in New York, but my journey is only beginning and I hope to stay there my whole career," said Porzingis. KP also said he has been in contact with team officials this summer.

(Rotoworld)