Knicks on Crack: Phil Jackson Has Knicks Right Where He Wants Them - Bye Me-lo!

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm glad you are back CC but are you serious? Seems you left and came back the Joker:) I guess watching 82 games of Knicks bball will drive the sane mind crazy:)

CoolClyde

yes, of course I'm on crack, but i'm also a sucker for Phil Jackson and what he's put together. He has always been harsh and honest, even when he's tweeting sarcastic ethereal leopard spot comments. his press conference was very positive, i like all the young players the Knicks have. As soon as Melo and D Rose are gone, and a new superstar and point guard takes over the reins, i have every reason to be optimistic.

Yes, this season sucked, but think about it as the middle season of Phil Jackson's presidential campaign. the foundation is laid. 3 draft picks including a Top 10 in a great draft class. how can you be a Knicks fan and not be optimistic about changes that are about to come?

unless of course, you want to believe the hype that the triangle doesn't work, the Knicks don't get it, Porzingis is unhappy or confused or butt-hurt about Melo. yeah, he probably is a little butthurt, but he'll become a real man next season when a true point guard dishes him dimes, and the top scorer doesn't hog the ball.

and1

Rotation player
i do believe some of the hype. and i don't trust phil one bit. phil has not given us one single reason to trust him. not a single one.
the players clearly do not like having the triangle shoved down their throats (would you argue that they were playing worse when they loosened up off the triangle and were winning more games?), and they clearly do not like wondering who is the actual coach on the team. is it hornacek, or is it phil?
and what makes you think he's going to get a superstar point guard who isn't already on the backside of his career and likely to break down at some point during the season?
and what makes you think that phil, or dolan and his 'friends', or both, aren't going to somehow sabotage the locker room with their mind-game shenanigans at some point during the season?
i have every reason to believe that all of these things, and more, will happen next season. because I'VE ALREADY SEEN IT HAPPEN this season and the last 2 seasons.
and don't bother saying that it was all done to force melo out of here. if that was the case he should've never re-signed him with a NTC. therefore, THAT in itself would prove how awful phil is at this. therefore, it is further proof that phil is willing to do ANYTHING, including sabotaging an entire season, just to have things done HIS WAY.
i'm sorry, man. but i have no reason to trust in phil at all.

tiger0330

Legend
yes, of course I'm on crack, but i'm also a sucker for Phil Jackson and what he's put together. He has always been harsh and honest, even when he's tweeting sarcastic ethereal leopard spot comments. his press conference was very positive, i like all the young players the Knicks have. As soon as Melo and D Rose are gone, and a new superstar and point guard takes over the reins, i have every reason to be optimistic.

Yes, this season sucked, but think about it as the middle season of Phil Jackson's presidential campaign. the foundation is laid. 3 draft picks including a Top 10 in a great draft class. how can you be a Knicks fan and not be optimistic about changes that are about to come?

unless of course, you want to believe the hype that the triangle doesn't work, the Knicks don't get it, Porzingis is unhappy or confused or butt-hurt about Melo. yeah, he probably is a little butthurt, but he'll become a real man next season when a true point guard dishes him dimes, and the top scorer doesn't hog the ball.
Hey Clyde are you still over on Crazy8's Facebook forum, if you are tell Crazy to drop by every so often. How is that forum going btw?

CoolClyde

yeah, i'm mainly on Crazy8's OBG facebook, but lately it's full of trolls who hate Phil and love Melo, and believe all the hype, like And1 above, and copy and paste blogs, and start threads how Phil's an idiot, the triangle doesn't work, Porzingis hates Phil and the triangle, no free agents will come to NY, no one can replace Melo, DRose is innocent... it's become increasingly low intelligence only because of the multitudes of posters with opinions.

it's much easier to post on facebook and carry on conversations than Knicks Online or any forum, and there are a number of posters from Knicks Online that do post there. For the dozen or so posters with valid opinions, intelligence and humor, there are a couple hundred who just spew hate and regurgitate bloggers suppositions and opinions as their own.

i've had enough, i'm just blocking people left and right, decided to come back and see if there was any intelligence left in Knicks fandom.

i don't think Crazy8's will post here unless he's promoting something from the facebook forum. later.

Broadway

All Star
yeah, i'm mainly on Crazy8's OBG facebook, but lately it's full of trolls who hate Phil and love Melo, and believe all the hype, like And1 above, and copy and paste blogs, and start threads how Phil's an idiot, the triangle doesn't work, Porzingis hates Phil and the triangle, no free agents will come to NY, no one can replace Melo, DRose is innocent... it's become increasingly low intelligence only because of the multitudes of posters with opinions.

it's much easier to post on facebook and carry on conversations than Knicks Online or any forum, and there are a number of posters from Knicks Online that do post there. For the dozen or so posters with valid opinions, intelligence and humor, there are a couple hundred who just spew hate and regurgitate bloggers suppositions and opinions as their own.

i've had enough, i'm just blocking people left and right, decided to come back and see if there was any intelligence left in Knicks fandom.

i don't think Crazy8's will post here unless he's promoting something from the facebook forum. later.

Yeah post more and you'll see plenty of levelheaded posters here or they'll show up. There are many lurkers needing a reason

tiger0330

Legend
^^^ Thanks CC. I'd say we have a small but special group of posters on KOL and a great guy in Rady supporting the site. Guys around here are long time Knicks and basketball fans and know their stuff. If you're looking for a change in attitudes towards the Knicks you might not find it here, I'd say the board is in general agreement on hating Phil, hating Melo, neutral on the triangle and I think at this point not spending a lot of money on FA's but to rebuild through the draft and young players ala the Sixers, TWolves etc.

Welcome back and we hope to see you more often around here.

jimkcchief88

All Star

I'm just curious what new superstar is gong to want to come here and be force fed the triangle. Opposing NBA coaches agree the triangle is predictable and therefore easy to defend. And don't be so sure PJAx will draft a PG. PJAx has done nothing to convince me he knows what he is doing. But maybe Kobe is in the draft and MJ is a free agent and the two will come and save us:) either way welcome back a Melo gets NO love here at KO.Com so you fit in perfect around here:(

and1

Rotation player

lol dude, i'm not going to start a war with you over this, but seriously.... what has phil done to earn your trust? can you name 1 significant thing? just 1?

The old people should come back here. We disagree constantly with the spectrum of views represented here now, but our small community has learned to coexist without things ever getting that ugly. Facebook sounds miserable compared to here.

As far as PJ and how he has handled this franchise, just like that old X-Files movie, I Want to Believe. I will say this, the surfacing of Melo's marital issues and infidelity allegations, if true, make me view how he is being treated by this team in a different light (not sure if that is right or not). I really hope that by the time we are talking Summer League basketball that this team will look more like something long-time fans would want to watch and enjoy. It's been quite a few years since I enjoyed watching a Knicks team less than I enjoyed watching this team this last season.

Kiyaman

Legend

Dolan's Knicks are famous for always having option on selecting several Scape-Goats for a losing season ....
This Knicks offseason will be very interesting on how the Knicks will go bout fixing the blames or blame

We got the Melo-trade headline rumors for the offseason ....
Knicks might pursue several restricted free agents this offseason ..
The Knicks will enter the offseason with upwards of $20 million in cap space to pursue free agents, and with the likely departure of Carmelo Anthony, New York will certainly have some holes to fill.
or
5 Dream Targets For New York Knicks In 2017 NBA Free Agency ..
Knicks need to make some serious changes! Those changes will likely start with the removal of Carmelo Anthony from the equation. Phil Jackson recently stated that his superstar would be ?better off somewhere else? (via Mike Vorkunov), staying consistent with the team?s rumored attempts to deal him before the trade deadline. Once that happens, more pieces will fall into place.

We also got the Phil Jackson headlines for the offseason too ....
Practically every Knicks player phil traded away is in the playoffs contributing..
http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/the-weirdest-most-regrettable-knicks-sightings-in-nba-playoffs/

Kiyaman

Legend
My biggest problem bout Phil are he became a HOF coach .. and the Knicks has had the worst defensive team ever under Phil.

CoolClyde

lol dude, i'm not going to start a war with you over this, but seriously.... what has phil done to earn your trust? can you name 1 significant thing? just 1?

the Knicks are in a better position now, with the young core they have, than they have been ever since Phil took over. Detract Melo and Rose from the equation, add another superstar and/or true PG, and this team can win games and make the playoffs, no problem.

Phil has attempted to create a winning atmosphere, focusing on defense first, triangle as an opportunity second, with ball movement and players who play the right way.

Porzingis
Baker
Kuz
KOQ
Hernangomez
Lance
CLee
Just Holiday
Randle
Plumlee
NDour

I think this is an excellent core that will benefit from 2-3 new players that Phil can afford to pay big bucks.

I disagree that no players will want to come here because of the triangle; the lure of MSG, Phil Jackson, New York City and playing with KP will be enough for a smart hi IQ bball player or two to become Knicks. this is my opinion.

I agree Phil has made a number of dubious trades, but he started out with no draft picks for 2 years, injured players, and a superstar whose ego is more important than team basketball.

Reactions: pat

Kiyaman

Legend
the Knicks are in a better position now, with the young core they have, than they have been ever since Phil took over. Detract Melo and Rose from the equation, add another superstar and/or true PG, and this team can win games and make the playoffs, no problem.

Porzingis
Baker
Kuz
KOQ
Hernangomez
Lance
CLee
Just Holiday
Randle
Plumlee
NDour

Phil has a core of Tier-3 players on the Knicks roster ..
a tier-3 player are mostly raw rookies or inconsistent performance players that receive playing time when a tier-2 player are injured ..
a tier-2 player are the backup player for a tier-1 starter player in the rotation ..
a tier-1 player are a starter having a decent b.ball IQ.

Noah will be the only tier-1 player on the Knicks roster when they get rid of Melo n Rose.
KOQ are a tier-2 player that deserve 30 minute in the rotation.
Lee are a tier-2 player that deserve 24 minute in the rotation.
Holiday are a tier-2 player that deserve 24 minute in the rotation.
The Knicks don't have a tier-1 nor a tier-2 PG on the roster.

KP are a tier-3 player having a low IQ as a frontcourt bigman, instead of improving from his rookie season KP regressed in his 2nd NBA season showing poor position on offense n defense from not having a developing coach this season. I too, wouldnt have showed up at the final meeting of the season.

Willy Hernangomez are a tier-3 player with great frontcourt big man skills n athleticism, who will need a developing-coach to coach Willy through his 2nd season receiving consistent playing-time in the NBA.

N'Dour are a tier-3 player in need of a developing coach to advance his skills.
Kuz are a tier-3 player in need of a developing coach to advance his skills.
Plumlee are a tier-3 player in need of a developing coach to advance his skills.
Baker are a tier-3 player in need of a developing coach to advance his skills.
Randle are a tier-3 player in need of a developing coach to advance his skills.

Lance Thomas are clueless veteran tier-3 player who hasn't develop into a hustling SF yet

and1

Rotation player

Phil has attempted to create a winning atmosphere, focusing on defense first, triangle as an opportunity second, with ball movement and players who play the right way.

Porzingis
Baker
Kuz
KOQ
Hernangomez
Lance
CLee
Just Holiday
Randle
Plumlee
NDour

I think this is an excellent core that will benefit from 2-3 new players that Phil can afford to pay big bucks.

I disagree that no players will want to come here because of the triangle; the lure of MSG, Phil Jackson, New York City and playing with KP will be enough for a smart hi IQ bball player or two to become Knicks. this is my opinion.

I agree Phil has made a number of dubious trades, but he started out with no draft picks for 2 years, injured players, and a superstar whose ego is more important than team basketball.

alright, we'll see. let's give it yet another year and see if things gets better. would 4 years be a fair amount of time to throw down an official grade on phil's moves and 'culture'?

CoolClyde

Phil has a core of Tier-3 players on the Knicks roster ..
a tier-3 player are mostly raw rookies or inconsistent performance players that receive playing time when a tier-2 player are injured ..
a tier-2 player are the backup player for a tier-1 starter player in the rotation ..
a tier-1 player are a starter having a decent b.ball IQ.

Noah will be the only tier-1 player on the Knicks roster when they get rid of Melo n Rose.
KOQ are a tier-2 player that deserve 30 minute in the rotation.
Lee are a tier-2 player that deserve 24 minute in the rotation.
Holiday are a tier-2 player that deserve 24 minute in the rotation.
The Knicks don't have a tier-1 nor a tier-2 PG on the roster.

KP are a tier-3 player having a low IQ as a frontcourt bigman, instead of improving from his rookie season KP regressed in his 2nd NBA season showing poor position on offense n defense from not having a developing coach this season. I too, wouldnt have showed up at the final meeting of the season.

Willy Hernangomez are a tier-3 player with great frontcourt big man skills n athleticism, who will need a developing-coach to coach Willy through his 2nd season receiving consistent playing-time in the NBA.

N'Dour are a tier-3 player in need of a developing coach to advance his skills.
Kuz are a tier-3 player in need of a developing coach to advance his skills.
Plumlee are a tier-3 player in need of a developing coach to advance his skills.
Baker are a tier-3 player in need of a developing coach to advance his skills.
Randle are a tier-3 player in need of a developing coach to advance his skills.

Lance Thomas are clueless veteran tier-3 player who hasn't develop into a hustling SF yet

wowee, you haven't changed, you still hate the Knicks and Phil Jackson.