Official Free Agency Thread

tiger0330

Legend
Let the Derrick Rose situation be a cautionary tale of not believing the BS the team you root for spews. B.J. Armstrong pulled no punches in this article WOW!

http://nypost.com/2017/07/31/derrick-rose-wanted-no-part-of-the-knicks-plans-for-him/
He's a horrible fit for that Cavs team, I doubt the Cavs keep him even when Kyrie leaves. I was calling him a one trick pony all last season but I would have signed him to a one year 5-10M deal.

BJ said some nice things about Perry, let's hope he knows what he's talking about.

Kiyaman

Legend
Let the Derrick Rose situation be a cautionary tale of not believing the BS the team you root for spews. B.J. Armstrong pulled no punches in this article WOW!

http://nypost.com/2017/07/31/derrick-rose-wanted-no-part-of-the-knicks-plans-for-him/

I would have signed Rose to a 2 year contract to b our starting SG before signing THJ n Baker then I would have hunted around the FA market for a better PG than Session or work on trading SG Lee to a team in the West for a starting PG

mafra

Legend
Michael Beasley is reportedly nearing an agreement on a one-year deal with the Knicks.

Beasley could actually be a rotation player with the Knicks depending on what the roster looks like once Carmelo Anthony is dealt, but it's unlikely that he'll be on the floor enough to make a difference in standard leagues.

Rotoworld

?He can flat out score ? isos along the right baseline,? one NBA scout said. ?He could be a perfect replacement for Melo if he?s traded.?

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Beas is actually a nice get by the Knicks, maybe one of the better signings of AA DWill CLee DRose in the last couple of years for the Knicks. Very respectable PER of 18 for the Bucks and has averaged over 20ppg and 7rb per 36 over the last 2 seasons with the Rox and Bucks. He's a flake and likes his weed are my guesses as to why he can't sign a decent contract with some team. I think he's looking for playing time esp if Melo leaves but he should get solid rotation minutes even if he doesn't.

mafra

Legend
This reminds me a lot of the Derrick Williams signing. I wonder if this move hints at what's to come for Melo?

I have to believe this means they're confident Melo won't be here when season begins.

SF rotation will be Beasley, Lance Thomas and Kuz.

Not to mention there will be many 3 G lineups....

I also believe this signing (along with THJr) is done so KP doesn't have to shoulder the load offensively.

Is this our roster for 2017-2018?

Sessions-Baker-Ntikilina
THJr-Dotson
Lee-Beasley-Kuz-Thomas
KP-KOQ-Kornet
WHG-Noah

mafra

Legend
The Knicks have officially signed Michael Beasley to a one-year pact for the veteran's minimum.
The former No. 2 overall pick should see decent minutes at the three and four for the Knicks, but it's unlikely that he'll be involved enough in New York's offense to make a meaningful impact in fantasy hoops.

Broadway

All Star
Just read on Hoopshype that Ron Baker technically has a no-trade clause. If that is true, that is amazing.

With a PO on his 2nd yr, so if anything goes awry he can renegotiate a deal for long term money if things look in his favor. So while the front office gets pretty dresses and glass slippers put on it the overall mechanism of how it's functioning thus far says...

OLD KNICKS ARE BACK!!!

tiger0330

Legend
Just read on Hoopshype that Ron Baker technically has a no-trade clause. If that is true, that is amazing.

With a PO on his 2nd yr, so if anything goes awry he can renegotiate a deal for long term money if things look in his favor. So while the front office gets pretty dresses and glass slippers put on it the overall mechanism of how it's functioning thus far says...

OLD KNICKS ARE BACK!!!
Its a quirk of the CBA that occurs quite often, he can't be traded without his consent because he'd be sacrificing his bird rights if he went to another team in his player option year. Knicks probably were not even aware of the rule when they signed him otherwise they would have kept him on a short leash offering him a 1 yr min deal and not the 2 year deal he signed for. That's why I wanted the Knicks to clean house when PJ got fired, those guys including Mills don't have a clue.

Too late about Baker, hopefully Perry with his new hires changes how the Knicks are managed.

Broadway

All Star
Its a quirk of the CBA that occurs quite often, he can't be traded without his consent because he'd be sacrificing his bird rights if he went to another team in his player option year. Knicks probably were not even aware of the rule when they signed him otherwise they would have kept him on a short leash offering him a 1 yr min deal and not the 2 year deal he signed for. That's why I wanted the Knicks to clean house when PJ got fired, those guys including Mills don't have a clue.

Too late about Baker, hopefully Perry with his new hires changes how the Knicks are managed.

Being that Baker and THJR's deals didn't become official until more recently begs to question why certain language wasn't altered some on their contracts. If the Buck stops with Mills I don't expect any significant outcomes in the way we do things. Funny how they want to play hardball with Melo but had open arms on practically all other unknowns this offseason. Just goes to show, they aren't truly operating with the same set of principles here.

paris401

Starter
I think opie...(baker) is the 'new' Caucasian face of the team.... they should move the team to Mississippi or Alabama...

It's been reported we signed Nigel Hayes from Wisconsin. I'm assuming to our other 2-way contract? He's the guy who said NYC is dirty a while back.

paris401

Starter
while others sign boy george, and haywood sullivan etc... we sign an artist and a haze... next season is already unforgettable... props to nat king cole.. wherever he may be...

mafra

Legend
The Knicks' newest pickup, SF Michael Beasley, wants people to have more respect for his game as he heads to New York.

The former No. 2 overall pick believes his lack of minutes on the floor has warranted misconceptions about his game. Beasley told The Post's Marc Berman that if his time on the court increases, he will show the world that he can still bring the game that landed him a top draft pick.

"I'll bring what they saw in college," Beasley said, reminiscing his days of stardom at Kansas State. "I just need the opportunity to show that. Look at my nine-year career, I've always been close to a point a minute. I've always been a walking bucket. Nobody can stop me, hasn't stopped me my last nine years. Every time I've touched the ball, the defender's scared. I'm at the point of my career I'm just tired of not getting the acknowledgement of being who I am."

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks' newest pickup, SF Michael Beasley, wants people to have more respect for his game as he heads to New York.

The former No. 2 overall pick believes his lack of minutes on the floor has warranted misconceptions about his game. Beasley told The Post's Marc Berman that if his time on the court increases, he will show the world that he can still bring the game that landed him a top draft pick.

"I'll bring what they saw in college," Beasley said, reminiscing his days of stardom at Kansas State. "I just need the opportunity to show that. Look at my nine-year career, I've always been close to a point a minute. I've always been a walking bucket. Nobody can stop me, hasn't stopped me my last nine years. Every time I've touched the ball, the defender's scared. I'm at the point of my career I'm just tired of not getting the acknowledgement of being who I am."
He can score but the problem is he's streaky, he'll go 7-10 one day and 1-10 the next. Beas thinks he's a scorer which makes him a chucker and makes D a 2nd priority. I think he'll get plenty of playing time esp if Melo is traded and Horn might not play Melo in an effort to trade him if the Knicks haven't traded him before the season starts. Let's see if Beas can earn that respect that he wants this season.