Official Free Agency Thread

tiger0330

Legend
Mo Williams is looking for a team. If the Knicks are just looking for a vet to teach Frank for the next few years, maybe they should get someone like him.

Sorry, forgot this thread was here.

Mo Williams is an option, but only in the he might be all that's left sense.

...I still think we have an outside shot at George Hill though

tiger0330

Legend
Lots of deals overnight.

Curry 200M to stay with Warriors.
Livingston 24M/3yr stays with the Warriors.
Tony Snell 44M to stay with the Bucks
Patty Mills 50M stays with SA

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Sorry, forgot this thread was here.

Mo Williams is an option, but only in the he might be all that's left sense.

...I still think we have an outside shot at George Hill though
Why would a guy who posted numbers like below come to the Knicks.

[FONT=&quot]When active, Hill averaged 16.9 points, 4.2 assists, 3.4 rebounds, 1.0 steal, and 1.9 3-point field goals made in 31.5 minutes per game. He did so on an efficient slash line of .477/.403/.801, and committed just 1.7 turnovers per contest.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hill, 31, finished the 2016-17 NBA regular season at No. 6 amongst point guards and No. 23 overall in Real Plus-Minus. He ranked No. 6 amongst point guards in Defensive RPM and No. 11 in Offensive RPM—an accurate display of his two-way value.[/FONT]

Why would a guy who posted numbers like below come to the Knicks.

[FONT=&quot]When active, Hill averaged 16.9 points, 4.2 assists, 3.4 rebounds, 1.0 steal, and 1.9 3-point field goals made in 31.5 minutes per game. He did so on an efficient slash line of .477/.403/.801, and committed just 1.7 turnovers per contest.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hill, 31, finished the 2016-17 NBA regular season at No. 6 amongst point guards and No. 23 overall in Real Plus-Minus. He ranked No. 6 amongst point guards in Defensive RPM and No. 11 in Offensive RPM—an accurate display of his two-way value.[/FONT]

Easy killer, I said outside shot. I don't know, maybe his agent has brain damage and advises Hill to come here. As good as I think Hill is, he doesn't seem to be linked to a lot of teams. Nuggets are the only other team I see frequently listed and they're not a contender.

Why does it seem like we are so interested in Alan Williams from Phoenix? Just trying to fill out a front court rotation? Young guy who seems like rebounding is his biggest strength.

tiger0330

Legend
JJ Redick 23M/1yr deal with the Sixers. Odd 1 year deal for someone in his 30's. Market looks like it was cold for JJ.

Broadway

All Star
JJ Redick 23M/1yr deal with the Sixers. Odd 1 year deal for someone in his 30's. Market looks like it was cold for JJ.

Nets had interest but the 1yr actually puts him in a better financial situation next yr for free agency. He might not be able to sign long term deals but he might not have to worry about taking a huge annual pay cut. Philly might produce a winning situation too. Smart get by him.

mafra

Legend
Amir Johnson has agreed to a one-year, $11 million deal with the 76ers.
The 76ers come up with another master stroke on their cap usage with another one-year deal, and they still have close to $16 million to give Robert Covington on an extension. As for Johnson, he'll obviously be coming off the bench and add some frontcourt depth likely when the 76ers go up against bigger lineups. This move is somewhat interesting because there is depth at the five with Richaun Holmes and Jahlil Okafor, so keep an eye out for what that could mean for Okafor.

Just read a Steve Kyler tweet on Hoopshype that says that Steve Mills is exploring options to clear cap space.

Uh oh, only 2 ways to move bad contracts, find a real sucker (which has historically been our franchise) or give away a valuable asset in the process.

mafra

Legend
Just read a Steve Kyler tweet on Hoopshype that says that Steve Mills is exploring options to clear cap space.

Uh oh, only 2 ways to move bad contracts, find a real sucker (which has historically been our franchise) or give away a valuable asset in the process.

I read one avenue is a Lee trade. I would prefer to trade Lee for something and roll with Holiday and Dotson as my SG....

A decent GM should be able to move Lee for a 1st or a player like Bledsoe.

Broadway

All Star
I read one avenue is a Lee trade. I would prefer to trade Lee for something and roll with Holiday and Dotson as my SG....

A decent GM should be able to move Lee for a 1st or a player like Bledsoe.

Phx passed on pursuing Milsap because they want to be a dumping ground for short contracts/expirings to acquire picks, they want to go completely young. They are interested in trading Chandler and Dudley. They probably are open to moving Bleddy but they more than likely want a young prospect back

If these reports are true, it certainly seems like we are already eyeing the 2018 lottery. This team without any significant free agent additions and Rose and Melo likely done as Knicks is going to struggle to win more than 30 games this coming season.

mafra

Legend
Dion Waiters - G - Heat
Dion Waiters has been talking to the Knicks, Bulls and Kings.
If the Heat can't bring in Gordon Hayward, Miami would be the heavy favorite to bring back some Philly Cheese. Waiters has also said he is willing to take a hometown discount, which makes sense after he had his best year as a pro.
Related: Bulls, Knicks, Kings
Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter Jul 1 - 8:05 PM

mafra

Legend
Jose Calderon - G - Cavaliers
Jose Calderon agreed to a one-year deal with the Cavs for the veteran's minimum.
This isn't exactly the big fish the Cavs were hoping for, but it's a start. Calderon does fit with the Cavs as a backup because he's a terrific spot-up shooter, but of course there are the defensive liabilities. Calderon is 35 years old and he probably tops out at just 16 minutes per game.
Source: Priority Sports on Twitter Jul 1 - 8:51 PM

Jose Calderon - G - Cavaliers
Jose Calderon agreed to a one-year deal with the Cavs for the veteran's minimum.
This isn't exactly the big fish the Cavs were hoping for, but it's a start. Calderon does fit with the Cavs as a backup because he's a terrific spot-up shooter, but of course there are the defensive liabilities. Calderon is 35 years old and he probably tops out at just 16 minutes per game.
Source: Priority Sports on Twitter Jul 1 - 8:51 PM

Man, when you think about what the Cavs would need to add to beat the Warriors in the finals next year, the last guy you'd think of is Calderon.