Official Free Agency Thread

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by Kiyaman
Im sure today the majority of Knicks Fans would have had an optimistic feeling on the upcoming season if Mills had signed a tier-1 n tier-2 player in Rondo n Simmons for the starting lineup instead of two tier-3 players in THJ n Baker who best talent is coming off the bench.

2017 Salary

THJR $17.7mil
Baker $4.3mil

Simmons $6.3mil
Rondo $3.3mil

Mills knowledge of the NBA is the same as Dolan or probably less .. The Knicks radar should have been up high to sign Jonathon Simmons 2-way performance who would have fit perfect in a lineup with two non-hustling players like Melo n KP. Plus if the Knicks are set to rebuild with a young core of players having 2 rookies Frank n Dotson raw 2-way performance then Simmons NBA 2 way performance would be the perfect teammate for the young core of players to follow.

Spurs coach Pop has to be on his last leg before going senile like Phil Jackson .. to not resign Jonathon Simmons dynamic athleticism .. who was the perfect duo teammate alongside of Kawhi Leonard last season.

Rondo would have been the perfect PG to mentor Frank Nitty on the doos n donts on the court.
Plus Rondo having a 2-way SG/SF Simmons, and Noah at the top of the key for great screens to hit either Melo or KP on the perimeter.

The thought of signing THJ n Baker are only optimistic for a 2018 Lottery pick !!!

Broadway

All Star
First things first...lol at the Baker contract

Now that I got that out of the way, this kind of feels like David kahn is running our team. Like how many mentors does Baby Knits need and how many point guards do we need?

Baker/Sessions/Jack/Knits...Jack has blown his knee up like 3 times already

tenor.gif

tiger0330

Legend
They're not happy with Jack, Sessions and Baker as the pg's and Frank is not ready. I said it previously, you're not winning many games with Sessions or Jack as your starting PG's and Baker is not a PG. I like the pickup, he's young and still may have upside. Jack is gone after this but the Knicks have to find a roster spot for Trey. Lance and Quinn are likely trade candidates preferably for picks without taking on salary in a trade exception or cap space trade.

and1

Rotation player
sorry, i just thought this was funny. check out how russ is looking at lebron hahaha.

attachment.php

Attachments

• russFace.jpg
    russFace.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 16

Broadway

All Star
Clippers extend Lou Williams. I feel this is predominantly sentimental decision based on yr he's had and not with any real consideration of future planning