Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 144
  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,823
    Rep Power
    25

    Default 8th Pick .. 6.5 PG Frank Ntikilina aka Frank Nitty

    Offensive-Strength .. Frank Nitty could use either hand ..
    Left-hand dribble pass dunk ..
    Right-hand dribble pass dunk ..
    Plus NBA Ready to step to the next level of pro-ball at age 18 ..
    Top-10 pick!
    GREAT PICK! by the Knicks tonight .. we LACK Defense the past three seasons .. plus we need a player having Frank Nitty defensive-mindset in the 4th quarter to provide STOPS for future WINS. GO Knicks !!!

    Yes! I do believe Dallas Coach Rick Carlisle really wanted the 18 yr old Frank Nitty to lead the Mavs future, the Mavs 9th pick selection were the next best PG on the table in DSJ ..
    The Wolves coach Thib's wanted his ex-leadership player Butler for the 7th pick, and got it by adding Lavine n Dunn too.

    I hope all three Knicks draft picks show up healthy to play all of the summer-league games.

  2. #2
    Superstar and1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    i like the nitty pick too. i don't know how nba-ready he is though. i'll give him a year to adjust to the nba game, i don't have much of a problem with that. but who knows? maybe he'll surprise us.
    dotson on the other hand may turn out to be a little more nba ready. i'm not saying he's going to be anything spectacular, but he may turn out to be a solid player for us sooner than later.
    blame vegas

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,960
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    It might take a while for Frank Nitty's offense (great nickname btw) to adjust to the NBA game but his defensive impact should be felt immediately

    Our backcourt defense has been so damn awful for the last few years that just having a player who will give effort is new. He'll probably be more of a 3 and D player for his first couple years while he works on the pick and roll with Porzingis. He appears to be more athletic than ESPN gives him credit for so hopefully that shows in his game

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Did I just read in this thread where someone called this a GREAT pick By the knicks? LOL wow... ok...

  5. #5
    Veteran tiger0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,758
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Jury is still out for me on this kid, I would have preferred Monk or DSJ but he's a heady kid that was selected because he was the best fit for the triangle or as Phil put it a system basketball player. He hasn't been tested playing in that French league as a reserve since older players get preference as the starters, his coach praised him for his D in one of those playoff games but he was guarding a 5'11" ex- DLeaguer that game so we need to see him against better competition. We'll probably get to see him in Summer League but I think the Knicks only play in the Orlando league this year which is not as competitive as Las Vegas so the first good look will be in the pre-season.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    All 3 picks will be playing in the Summer League according to Begley. We usually have great Summer League showings from our players. I think Frank Nitty will work if he's surrounded by offensive weapons that play unselfishly and fluidly. He is an APPRENTICE pick, a SAFE pick

    I appreciate the mindset of getting a defender especially at this position but keep in mind we brought in Ariza/Douglas/Shumpert/Fields all for the same reasons. The league is actually setup for players to not play defense and I've never seen a player in recent memory dominate defensively as a guard and their offense was average.

    Phil picked him because he's a young prospect whom he hopes to mold as a potter does with clay without the pushback. I think Phil is also tired of mainland culture and is heavily vested in offshore prodigies. Looking back at how the draft went, especially after all the players we worked out Phil should've traded down. For the record Frank Nitty slid down on about 3 mocks leading right up to draft night. Not sure many teams were that high on him besides maybe Dallas if they weren't faking.

    His first yr or two I see a very foul prone offensively inadequate player struggling to find his way but will make strides by his 3rd yr

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Broadway
    All 3 picks will be playing in the Summer League according to Begley. We usually have great Summer League showings from our players. I think Frank Nitty will work if he's surrounded by offensive weapons that play unselfishly and fluidly. He is an APPRENTICE pick, a SAFE pick

    I appreciate the mindset of getting a defender especially at this position but keep in mind we brought in Ariza/Douglas/Shumpert/Fields all for the same reasons. The league is actually setup for players to not play defense and I've never seen a player in recent memory dominate defensively as a guard and their offense was average.

    Phil picked him because he's a young prospect whom he hopes to mold as a potter does with clay without the pushback. I think Phil is also tired of mainland culture and is heavily vested in offshore prodigies. Looking back at how the draft went, especially after all the players we worked out Phil should've traded down. For the record Frank Nitty slid down on about 3 mocks leading right up to draft night. Not sure many teams were that high on him besides maybe Dallas if they weren't faking.

    His first yr or two I see a very foul prone offensively inadequate player struggling to find his way but will make strides by his 3rd yr
    good analysis, but the knicks needed home run swings.. not bunts.. but if he turns into a solid player, it is not a loss for sure, but certainly not a win.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Also Frank Nitty isn't going to have any nights off in this league, he's gonna get murked night-in and night-out. No disrespect to him it's simply a guards league which is why we needed to be more dynamic here and why I had DSJ/Mitchell slated higher.

    But hope the best for FNG guarding the likes of...

    Kemba/Monk
    Jackson/Kennard
    Fox/Heild
    Lillard/McCollum
    Booker/Bledsoe
    Thomas/Bradley
    Wall/Beal
    Curry/Klay
    Lowry/Derozan(if they stay together)
    Harris/Mudiay/Murray
    Gannis/Brogdon
    Ball/Clarkson
    Dragic/Waiters
    Conley/Selden
    Harden/Beverly
    Russell/Lin
    Payton/Fournier
    Rubio/Butler
    Westbrook/Oladipo
    Schoeder/Prince
    Exum/Hayward
    Fultz/Cabarrot
    Rondo/Wade
    Teague/Stephenson


    Every night, and you better have the jewels to go right back at them. The mighty Courtney Lee I guess will pick up the scoring slack for you. LOL @ Phil with the slick used car salesmans job here talking about defense. Who are they really going to slow down and score on? Maybe a couple and and I'm being generous here. I didn't include Clippers/Cavs just because.

  9. #9
    Superstar and1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by Broadway
    Also Frank Nitty isn't going to have any nights off in this league, he's gonna get murked night-in and night-out. No disrespect to him it's simply a guards league which is why we needed to be more dynamic here and why I had DSJ/Mitchell slated higher.

    But hope the best for FNG guarding the likes of...

    Kemba/Monk
    Jackson/Kennard
    Fox/Heild
    Lillard/McCollum
    Booker/Bledsoe
    Thomas/Bradley
    Wall/Beal
    Curry/Klay
    Lowry/Derozan(if they stay together)
    Harris/Mudiay/Murray
    Gannis/Brogdon
    Ball/Clarkson
    Dragic/Waiters
    Conley/Selden
    Harden/Beverly
    Russell/Lin
    Payton/Fournier
    Rubio/Butler
    Westbrook/Oladipo
    Schoeder/Prince
    Exum/Hayward
    Fultz/Cabarrot
    Rondo/Wade
    Teague/Stephenson


    Every night, and you better have the jewels to go right back at them. The mighty Courtney Lee I guess will pick up the scoring slack for you. LOL @ Phil with the slick used car salesmans job here talking about defense. Who are they really going to slow down and score on? Maybe a couple and and I'm being generous here. I didn't include Clippers/Cavs just because.
    but you can pretty much say the same about all the other rookie guards coming in this year. are you confident that fox, fultz or ball will have more success guarding the likes of harden, westbrook, curry, irving, thomas, etc? i'm not. i think nitty has just as much of a chance as any of those other guys in that respect. if he turns out to be a pretty damn good defender, that SHOULD give him the confidence to be more aggressive on offense.
    blame vegas

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,823
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Jury is still out for me on this kid, I would have preferred Monk or DSJ but he's a heady kid that was selected because he was the best fit for the triangle or as Phil put it a system basketball player. He hasn't been tested playing in that French league as a reserve since older players get preference as the starters, his coach praised him for his D in one of those playoff games but he was guarding a 5'11" ex- DLeaguer that game so we need to see him against better competition. We'll probably get to see him in Summer League but I think the Knicks only play in the Orlando league this year which is not as competitive as Las Vegas so the first good look will be in the pre-season.
    For doubters .. Frank Nitty shoots 43% from 3 in a pro league again a pro league his team is going to consecutive championships he's prove to be a winning basketball player ... we picked the better younger player for our needs.
    His stats don't jump off the map like DSJ but he's a more polished system player
    DSJ is a terrible defender, think a less talented rose is a good comparison... has all the physical tools but struggles to make his teammates better. Has a severe case of tunnel vision. It can tend to wow people with his athleticism and spectacular drives to the hoop. But also shows a lack of motivation especially when it counts.
    To compare djs to Westbrook is silly, Westbrook has won all his life and makes his teammates better the evidence goes all the way back to college at UCLA, plus his rookie season making Durant a winning ball-player, instead of just a high scoring loser.
    There is really no comparison for frank because we've never seen a pg like him, unless u go back to the days of Dennis Johnson n Gus Williams championship .. plus Frank Nitty are a winner and the right pick at 8.

    Dotson is a polished senior at 6.6 height with a great Big-Guard shooting style like Allan Houston who stays in front of his man as a defender.
    I like all 3 guards we selected in the draft .. I wish we would have selected the 59th pick SF Jaron Blossomgame from Clemson with the 58th pick.

    I still say Phil Jackson is a 71 yr old senile fool who need to be broadcasting his opinion like Bill Walton n Barkley. The Knicks coaching-staff are a joke of LOSERS hired by a senile HOF coach that should have retired from all aspect of the NBA after the 2012 season.

    What I hope not to see from our LOSER coaching-staff next season are the Knicks putting Frank Nitty or Dotson in the starting lineup throughout their rookie season. I want Frank Nitty coming off the bench throughout his rookie season .. i dont care how good Frank Nitty performance improve by midseason, i still want Frank coming off the bench bringing energy.

  11. #11
    Veteran tiger0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,758
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    For doubters .. Frank Nitty shoots 43% from 3 in a pro league again a pro league his team is going to consecutive championships he's prove to be a winning basketball player ... we picked the better younger player for our needs.
    His stats don't jump off the map like DSJ but he's a more polished system player
    DSJ is a terrible defender, think a less talented rose is a good comparison... has all the physical tools but struggles to make his teammates better. Has a severe case of tunnel vision. It can tend to wow people with his athleticism and spectacular drives to the hoop. But also shows a lack of motivation especially when it counts.
    To compare djs to Westbrook is silly, Westbrook has won all his life and makes his teammates better the evidence goes all the way back to college at UCLA, plus his rookie season making Durant a winning ball-player, instead of just a high scoring loser.
    There is really no comparison for frank because we've never seen a pg like him, unless u go back to the days of Dennis Johnson n Gus Williams championship .. plus Frank Nitty are a winner and the right pick at 8.

    Dotson is a polished senior at 6.6 height with a great Big-Guard shooting style like Allan Houston who stays in front of his man as a defender.
    I like all 3 guards we selected in the draft .. I wish we would have selected the 59th pick SF Jaron Blossomgame from Clemson with the 58th pick.

    I still say Phil Jackson is a 71 yr old senile fool who need to be broadcasting his opinion like Bill Walton n Barkley. The Knicks coaching-staff are a joke of LOSERS hired by a senile HOF coach that should have retired from all aspect of the NBA after the 2012 season.

    What I hope not to see from our LOSER coaching-staff next season are the Knicks putting Frank Nitty or Dotson in the starting lineup throughout their rookie season. I want Frank Nitty coming off the bench throughout his rookie season .. i dont care how good Frank Nitty performance improve by midseason, i still want Frank coming off the bench bringing energy.
    I don't think he's ready to start, too skinny and green. I think the Knicks know that and will be bringing him off the bench, depending on how he does though, he may take over the starting spot by mid-season esp. if it's Ron Baker that's the starting PG.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,575
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I don't think he's ready to start, too skinny and green. I think the Knicks know that and will be bringing him off the bench, depending on how he does though, he may take over the starting spot by mid-season esp. if it's Ron Baker that's the starting PG.
    It's funny, but didn't we say the same thing about Porzingis and wasn't he a day 1 starter his rookie year? If we trade Melo for beans, our day 1 starting lineup to go along with our PG may be WHG, Porzingis, Lance Thomas, and Courtney Lee. I'd rather see Ntilikina out there taking his lumps with those guys than playing behind Baker. As a side note, wow are we lined up to be a big time lottery team this coming season if PJ doesn't pull some solid free agent signings out of his ass.

  13. #13
    Veteran tiger0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,758
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    It's funny, but didn't we say the same thing about Porzingis and wasn't he a day 1 starter his rookie year? If we trade Melo for beans, our day 1 starting lineup to go along with our PG may be WHG, Porzingis, Lance Thomas, and Courtney Lee. I'd rather see Ntilikina out there taking his lumps with those guys than playing behind Baker. As a side note, wow are we lined up to be a big time lottery team this coming season if PJ doesn't pull some solid free agent signings out of his ass.
    I think starting at PG is a lot harder than playing as a stretch four. Sure he might dazzle in training camp and the preseason games and Horn will say he's good enough to start but I don't see it esp him playing 25 plus minutes every other day and back to backs. I think you can debate who's going to be the better player between him and the guys we passed on but I don't think you can question who has the better NBA body between him DSJ and Monk and who is more ready to start among the 3 tomorrow.

    I read a tweet of the guys that Thibs might bring in as a G to replace Dunn and Lavine and it didn't include DRose, Broadway mentioned Pop is interested in him which I find hard to believe, I haven't heard of any other teams that have shown interest so we might wind up signing him to a 2 yr player option deal to be the starting PG. If that happens we pretty much have the same team as last year with Frenchie which probably spells lottery since it's going to be hard to sign FA's.

  14. #14
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,336
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I think we end up bringing back Rose on a discount, b/c nobody wants him and we can't get anybody else.

    The plan is to bring this French kid around slowly. By year 3 hand him the job.... so, Rose can be the stop gap option. Paul, Rose, Bledsoe, Rubio, Jrue Holiday, Livingston or Hill.... i see us bringing in 1 of these guys.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,823
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    It's funny, but didn't we say the same thing about Porzingis and wasn't he a day 1 starter his rookie year?
    KP is not a STARTER! a 7.3 starter should not be scared to bump-bodies in the paint!
    Perimeter players Melo n KP should only receive 24 minute per night.

    If we trade Melo for beans, our day 1 starting lineup to go along with our PG may be WHG, Porzingis, Lance Thomas, and Courtney Lee. I'd rather see Ntilikina out there taking his lumps with those guys than playing behind Baker. As a side note, wow are we lined up to be a big time lottery team this coming season if PJ doesn't pull some solid free agent signings out of his ass?
    So true! Phil has to sign a few FA players, plus make a couple of block-buster trades or the Knicks will be back in the lottery. I still do not want to see Frank Nitty as a rookie in the "Lottery Starting Lineup" Phil Jackson spent all offseason designing.

    Originally Posted by mafra
    I think we end up bringing back Rose on a discount, b/c nobody wants him and we can't get anybody else.

    The plan is to bring this French kid around slowly. By year 3 hand him the job.... so, Rose can be the stop gap option. Paul, Rose, Bledsoe, Rubio, Jrue Holiday, Livingston or Hill.... i see us bringing in 1 of these guys.
    For some old reason i too believe the Knicks will resign Rose .. is it fair to say next season the Knicks scoring BIG-3 Rose/Melo/KP will win more than 31 games?

    I want Phil to offer GS FA pg-Shaun Livingston a price GS wont match.
    We really need a starting SF like Butler/Paul George/Kwahi/Giannis in a trade for Melo lol

Similar Threads

  1. Lawrence Frank
    By RunningJumper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 02, 2009, 21:33
  2. Frank Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2005, 16:23
  3. Frank Willams traded!!
    By kriss childs in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2004, 01:28
  4. Frank Williams Highlights
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 16, 2004, 11:31
  5. Frank Williams activated
    By allan20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2003, 11:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •