Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

He's smooth and long and athletic enough. I saw one penetration where you got to the basket.... he just missed the floater.

Anyway, his mind is a step or 2 ahead... A Rondo-Kidd type of PG.

He's a facilitator. A real PG. He's the ideal PG for KP. Pick and Roll between these 2 should be a thing of beauty for years to come.

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Only thing I haven't seen is an ability to break down a defense, he's not flashy or an uber athlete like DSJ but that may be a good thing that he doesn't have the ability to try to rise up over a Draymond Green. Worries me about DSJ that when he comes down from one of those highlight dunks he suffers an injury.
    The majority of PG that are good at breaking down a defense today are shoot-first PG or to much dribbling PG .. I'm glad Frank Nitty has more of a team-ball style where his best performance on offense are improving teammates scoring.
    Frank having a Jason Kidd/Chauncey Billups concept of B.ball as a PG are the reason i believe Dallas coach Rick Calilse wanted Frank Ntilikina Nitty out of the 2017 draft class.

I consider yesterday nervous performance from Frank to be his first performance vs NBA opponents .. Frank showed to have a great 2-way IQ with n without the ball, plus knowing how to use his length on the court as a threat to opponents had me thinking the Knicks finally draft a WINNER!
    It would be very hard for Jeff Horn to tank games having Frank at the point, Mcderm at SF, and Quinn in the paint for 24 min a night off the bench. Quinn n Mcderm are the two teammates i would develop a rookie Frank in a lineup.
    I'm scared of Tank-Tank Jeff putting Frank in so many different lineup in one game, then different lineups from the previous game, then expect good results. Plus when we play all-star tandem guards like Lowry/Derozan, or Wall/Beal, or CP3/Harden i would expect our coach to tandem Frank in the backcourt with Jack or Session for better development experience.

Frank made all the passes yesterday.... how about that alley-oops to MB!

Check out the highlights here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm not saying this kid is better than Lonzo Ball.... but after what we saw last night.... we should all be relieved that we got ourselves a legit lottery prospect.

If this kid can run an offense now.... imagine him at 22.

A PG who makes life easier for the other 4 guys.... who hands out east buckets and dunks... who plays defense and fights on that side of the floor, with vision and bball intelligence. I'm excited. I'm relieved. It's only 1 game.... but he looks like the type of player you can't take your eyes off of.

KP and FN!!!! And, to imagine this, if these 2 are the cornerstone pieces.... our Duncan and Parker.... and if WHG is a 10 year Knick and contributor and we land another stud in lottery this draft. Well, PJax's rep as exec would transform from unmitigated disaster to well, dare I say it... give him credit?
    Last edited by mafra; Oct 28, 2017 at 21:33.

Ntikilina played with Romeo Travis last season in France. Travis played HS ball with Lebron James.

Originally Posted by mafra

Ntikilina played with Romeo Travis last season in France. Travis played HS ball with Lebron James.
    Not sure this is high praise for the kid. He may not score a lot or even get you a lot of assists but if he translates what he has to winning that's all that matters.

He can score but hes not going to score a lot, Travis said. Hes just a guy whos going to make a team better and thats what he did for us. He may not even get a bunch of assists, but the swing, swing, hockey assist and make the right play.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Oct 28, 2017 at 23:44.

It's all context here.... he probably is talking about a 19-yr-old Ntikilina. The player right now.

Kid is too athletic and smart not to improve his offensive game. This isn't Charlie Ward.

He seems more like a Mark Jaxson and Clyde Frazier type. A willing defender and distribute who will blossom into an offensive player.

His shooting form looks good. He can dribble and penetrate. Anyway, let's not get carried away just yet.

Bottom line: kid flashed the potential that made him out pick. We didn't want the shooter (Monk) or the scorer (DSJ); and we felt he had the higher ceiling than Mitchell.

From what I watched last night.... I understand why our scouts were tantalized....

He is coachable. Smart. Athletic. And he's the type of PG I prefer to build a team around.

FYI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Originally Posted by rady
    He looked confused why everyone was laughing at the end of the play. Not sure he knew what he was doing. Its funny either way.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Frank made all the passes yesterday.... how about that alley-oops to MB!

Check out the highlights here:

I'm not saying this kid is better than Lonzo Ball.... but after what we saw last night.... we should all be relieved that we got ourselves a legit lottery prospect.

If this kid can run an offense now.... imagine him at 22.

A PG who makes life easier for the other 4 guys.... who hands out east buckets and dunks... who plays defense and fights on that side of the floor, with vision and bball intelligence. I'm excited. I'm relieved. It's only 1 game.... but he looks like the type of player you can't take your eyes off of.

KP and FN!!!! And, to imagine this, if these 2 are the cornerstone pieces.... our Duncan and Parker.... and if WHG is a 10 year Knick and contributor and we land another stud in lottery this draft. Well, PJax's rep as exec would transform from unmitigated disaster to well, dare I say it... give him credit?
    It's Clarence Gaines and Phil Jackson. To demean the picks because they are associated with Jackson is an insult to Clarence Gaines's hard work. Not saying you do this but I see it that it is a prevalent mental track among many who participate in Knick forums. Obviously I find that stupid. The man is obviously extremely competent and shrewd. The Knicks need to be tough and gritty and clever which is pretty much the opposite of what we have seen during the ENTIRE DOLAN ERA.

Anyway despite that Frank is tough, gritty, clever-- so kudos to Jackson but especially Mr. Gaines.