8th Pick .. 6.5 PG Frank Ntikilina aka Frank Nitty

Kiyaman

Legend
I wanna be like Embiid !!!!

For the past 3 seasons the Knicks been getting closer n closer to becoming the decade Lottery team 76ers.

tiger0330

Legend
Bizaarre!!!

The PG situation is pretty pathetic. I was thinking that Horn might start Frank over Sessions and Jack, because what does he have to lose but the more practices he misses the less likely that happens. Weird he didn't practice today because he was in uniform on the bench yesterday while KP was in a suit.

Broadway

All Star
The PG situation is pretty pathetic. I was thinking that Horn might start Frank over Sessions and Jack, because what does he have to lose but the more practices he misses the less likely that happens. Weird he didn't practice today because he was in uniform on the bench yesterday while KP was in a suit.

Who knows how this organization is operating but here's something a little more positive

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, he probably could play if this was a Game 7 of Finals but at the same time guys play hurt all the time or not 100% and the fact he's played so little is alarming. Keep in mind he's not even practicing, like why can't he practice and get reps in? He has no structural damage, no tissue damage. All reports say he's experiencing 'soreness'. Say it's a minor injury and he's not ready to play a real game once again he should at the very least be practicing.

I personally think not only is he not durable(physically strong) but I think he's not challenging himself enough mentally and may be a little soft here. I get the fact he's a good guy but sorry we need him to MAN Up and quickly! Makes it worse when the face of the franchise is rowing in the same boat of fragility.

Wsup Broadway .... If u were in Frank sneakers .. this is what u be thinking ..

Frank played two years on a winning team in France, he started out as a spot minute bench player to work himself into the starter lineup to lead the point into the championship games.
Its all good gravy to a Frenchmen to be drafted early in the NBA as a lottery pick selection ..
But to be drafted by the decade number one mismanagement tanking Knicks, where the organization fired the Knicks HOF President a couple of weeks after the President selected you in the draft.
The paper-work is on hold bc the top CEO been fired, but the fans expect u to still play on the Knicks summer-league team .. Plus when you get back to France, after being selected by the Knicks in the draft to go play in the championship round, everyone is happy for u for making the NBA but every thing they mention in France bout the Knicks organization are all bad n negative, and when u finally do ur research on the Knicks organization u find out all the bad n negative talk bout the Knicks are not rumors .. You start reading all the news on the Knicks organization to find out they just FIRED the famous Phil Jackson, plus the two star franchise players want out of the Knicks organization. And the day u finally go to the Knicks training-camp to watch how the coaches n teammates work, to only notice they are not hard into their work as the French team u left .. plus you find out the first preseason Knick game are against the number one worst NBA team the past few years, but this worst NBA team are playing twice as better than ur Knicks team by building a 20 pt lead on the Knicks in the 2nd half of the game.
Im sure Frank called Embiid to ask what do u do when ur drafted by a team that has deep rooted plans on tanking the next 3 seasons .................

mafra

Legend
NYK actually spent money on free agents and they didn't make a single trade to absorb bad contracts... this is far from the PHI "process"...

The idea is to tank 1 season, so they can add a third lottery stud to the KP-WHG-Nitty triumvirate.... this is how you rebuild today, loading up on 3 lottery hits plus a late draft steal.

If we aren't a 40+ win team come 2018-2019, then KP, WHG and THJr failed....

The goal is to show enough promise this year and to gain chemistry so it pays dividends next season, when you inject a lottery stud....

Then you're a shrewd trade and/or a free agent signing away from really having something.

and1

Rotation player
NYK actually spent money on free agents and they didn't make a single trade to absorb bad contracts... this is far from the PHI "process"...

The idea is to tank 1 season, so they can add a third lottery stud to the KP-WHG-Nitty triumvirate.... this is how you rebuild today, loading up on 3 lottery hits plus a late draft steal.

The goal is to show enough promise this year and to gain chemistry so it pays dividends next season, when you inject a lottery stud....

Then you're a shrewd trade and/or a free agent signing away from really having something.

another nice goal to have would be to get dolan to sell the team once and for all to someone who's not a total ******* :peace:

Kiyaman

Legend

How many times has the Knicks done what u mention in the past Decade (when having a first round draft pick), or trade players throughout the season to lower the cap to go after free-agents, which all resulted in Knicks having consecutive seasons of 50 or more losses.

Having a plan of going after one of the top-5 suggested 2018 draft picks, plus making this type of plan during the 2017-18 preseason games .. are a plan the Knicks organization GM Isiah Thomas did during the 2004-5 preseason games to select Channing Frye, David Lee, and Nate Robinson out of the 2005 Draft-Class to match up a long side of the previous season 2004 draft pick Trevor Ariza. The Knicks did not waste any time trading these young players for veteran players.
The Knicks did the same old-thing with their young first round picks in 2006 Balkman/Collins, 2007 Wilson Chandler, 2008 Gallinari, and 2009 Jordan Hill. WHY?
The Knicks Coaching-Staff has stunk of failure for 2 decades to improve young players skills n talent to the NBA pro-level !!!

:beer:
Head-Coach Mark Jackson would be the best NBA head-coach for the Knicks young players (Frank/Dotson/WHG/Baker/KP/Mcderm) for the next 4 seasons !!!

tiger0330

Legend
ESPN Insider picked Frank as this years top 10 pick most likely to struggle. I said when he got drafted that DSJ was likely to have a better year and the Knicks picking him ahead of DSJ likely would take a few seasons to see if he was the right pick at 8. I'm hoping his brains get him ahead of the curve because his body worries me with his missing games early because of minor injuries.

Top-10 pick most likely to struggle

Schmitz: Frank Ntilikina | G | New York Knicks

Ntilikina's length, defense, feel, shooting potential and professional approach should help him evolve into a very good NBA player in time, but he'll likely take his lumps this season, as he isn't the most naturally aggressive or explosive guard. It might time him some time to adjust to the NBA 3-point line, as well as the length and athleticism of the league offensively. Ntilikina also figures to have his struggles if put in a position to create offense regularly in the half court.

Givony: Frank Ntilikina | G | New York Knicks

Ntilikina will be fine long term, but he will likely be asked to do far more than he is ready for in a pressure-packed environment in which his mere existence will be questioned early and often. It's only a matter of time before the New York media turn on him, sadly.

mafra

Legend
DSJ had 16 & 10 assists tonight but his team lost. Didn't see anything so not sure how empty these stats were. 1-4 from downtown.

But his man had 28 and the Mavs allowed ATL to score almost 120.

DSJ had 16 & 10 assists tonight but his team lost. Didn't see anything so not sure how empty these stats were. 1-4 from downtown.

It?s a nice debut for him. Efficient offensive game. 50% FG shooting. 10 assists to 3 turnovers. Big DSJ fans will try to talk up that his defense isn?t below average, but it is, whether people like it or not. He was going against Schroeder, not Westbrook last night. DSJ will have a lot of great offensive games, but Dallas is going to need to figure out their help defense fast if they want to win.

Broadway

All Star

I saw this game and DSJ was great, man he's gonna be so good if he can avoid injury. Really uncanny, incredible moxy, and he will make SC highlights often. He could possibly the best "POINT GUARD" in this draft. His court awareness is off the charts. Meanwhile Harrison Barnes was and quite possibly is TRASH. This guy has been given the keys to be DA MAN and he's a 4th, 3rd best type option at best. Too bad for them Seth Curry is hurt because their back court will be a tough cover

Dennis Schoerder was the handful last night though. Mavs had no answer and he wasn't guarded by DSJ on most possessions. Mavs switch D because of their lack of size. The Hawks believe it or not are going to be more competitive than some fans give credit for. They play hard and they have some athletes on their team. Really of Motley Crue of blue collar with some highlight flashes here and there every night is what you'll see.

BTW DJS is the youngest player to drop 10ast in a season debut. League Pass is free for the week I think for those who may not have been aware

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I saw this game and DSJ was great, man he's gonna be so good if he can avoid injury. Really uncanny, incredible moxy, and he will make SC highlights often. He could possibly the best "POINT GUARD" in this draft. His court awareness is off the charts. Meanwhile Harrison Barnes was and quite possibly is TRASH. This guy has been given the keys to be DA MAN and he's a 4th, 3rd best type option at best. Too bad for them Seth Curry is hurt because their back court will be a tough cover

Dennis Schoerder was the handful last night though. Mavs had no answer and he wasn't guarded by DSJ on most possessions. Mavs switch D because of their lack of size. The Hawks believe it or not are going to be more competitive than same fans give credit for. They play hard and they have some athletes on their team. Really of Motley Crue of blue collar with some highlight flashes here and there every night is what you'll see.

BTW DJS is the youngest player to drop 10ast in a season debut. League Pass is free for the week I think for those who may not have been aware
Did you see the Sixers game? Simmons who is my fav for ROY went for a double/double 18pts 10rbs. JVG and Doris Burke were raving about him all game. I like the way he played, didn't shoot one 3, knows his size is a matchup problem for the smaller guards he'll face and was trying to take advantage inside. Fultz is coming off the bench and had a nice game though he was -18 and he's got to fix that ugly FT, 65% is not going to make it in the NBA.

Sixers lost though, they need a better guy to come in relief of Embiid when he goes out on his minutes restriction. Saric played the 5 when he was out and the Wiz got anything they wanted inside when he was out. What happened to Okafor? Knicks dodged a real bullet when he got taken ahead of KP, if Philly had taken KP we would have taken Jahil without a doubt.

Broadway

All Star
Did you see the Sixers game? Simmons who is my fav for ROY went for a double/double 18pts 10rbs. JVG and Doris Burke were raving about him all game. I like the way he played, didn't shoot one 3, knows his size is a matchup problem for the smaller guards he'll face and was trying to take advantage inside. Fultz is coming off the bench and had a nice game though he was -18 and he's got to fix that ugly FT, 65% is not going to make it in the NBA.

Sixers lost though, they need a better guy to come in relief of Embiid when he goes out on his minutes restriction. Saric played the 5 when he was out and the Wiz got anything they wanted inside when he was out. What happened to Okafor? Knicks dodged a real bullet when he got taken ahead of KP, if Philly had taken KP we would have taken Jahil without a doubt.

Simmons was really good, he and Embiid. The thing with Simmons he's gonna get read pretty quickly and teams are going to force him to shoot. Pretty positive he can't shoot a lick. Doesn't even try to attempt jumpers, which is alarming. Everything else he's as advertised. Fultz FTA form may be the worst I've ever seen but he's extremely crafty around the basket.

Not sure what Philly is thinking mitigating Saric(could turn out to be a colossal mistake). He has mad talent, he can do most things Ben does(not as athletic) and is a better shooter. He's kind of a Dirk type of mold(not a defender but adequate enough)

tiger0330

Legend
Simmons was really good, he and Embiid. The thing with Simmons he's gonna get read pretty quickly and teams are going to force him to shoot. Pretty positive he can't shoot a lick. Doesn't even try to attempt jumpers, which is alarming. Everything else he's as advertised. Fultz FTA form may be the worst I've ever seen but he's extremely crafty around the basket.

Not sure what Philly is thinking mitigating Saric(could turn out to be a colossal mistake). He has mad talent, he can do most things Ben does(not as athletic) and is a better shooter. He's kind of a Dirk type of mold(not a defender but adequate enough)
Going to catch a replay of yesterday's DAL game, might even watch while the Knicks game is on if it's a blowout in OKC tonight. The Knicks were terrible in the pre-season and might have the worst PG contingent in the NBA. Said it in their last pre-season game, if I'm Donovan I let Russ shoot all night until his arm falls off against their PG's.

mafra

Legend
I think Philly will regret taking Fultz over DSJ.... Just a hunch. We knew the moment we heard Ntikilina's name called NY would rue the day.... But with Simmons, Covington and Embid.... man, the Okafor and Fultz selections could be what derails "the process" and is what ultimately costs them a dynasty.

Imagine KP and DSJ on philly!

Broadway

All Star
Going to catch a replay of yesterday's DAL game, might even watch while the Knicks game is on if it's a blowout in OKC tonight. The Knicks were terrible in the pre-season and might have the worst PG contingent in the NBA. Said it in their last pre-season game, if I'm Donovan I let Russ shoot all night until his arm falls off against their PG's.

Best game of the night I watched, although the Six-Wiz game was good too. I recommend watching it on entertainment value alone. If you do you'll clearly see what I'm talking about. John Collins, Taurean Prince, Dwayne Dembry(sp?), those are some real dawgs, for real. Barnes is a joke, man I can't believe how overrated he is as many fans thought/think he will break out. I highly doubt it

Dennis Schoeder was playing like he plans on being an All-Star this yr. I was impressed by him, he's come a long way. Bud is a great coach, really he is and the Hawks will be a team I use as measuring stick as to what doesn't make sense with our team.

Russ will be fat and well fed after tonight's game(from a distribution standpoint). I think he might drop 15-20 ast but I have a feeling he will make sure Melo gets off. We're going to get blitzed and ran off the court. Melo made some statement yesterday that today's game will be important so he can put the Knicks chapter behind him and close it. I'm like uhhh okay whatever buddy!

Oh and of course we effed up not drafting DSJ and I tell Phil Jackson this on twitter at least 1/mo

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I think Philly will regret taking Fultz over DSJ.... Just a hunch. We knew the moment we heard Ntikilina's name called NY would rue the day.... But with Simmons, Covington and Embid.... man, the Okafor and Fultz selections could be what derails "the process" and is what ultimately costs them a dynasty.

Imagine KP and DSJ on philly!

What's crazy is they actually could've had both players, just mind boggling when you think of it

tiger0330

Legend
Best game of the night I watched, although the Six-Wiz game was good too. I recommend watching it on entertainment value alone. If you do you'll clearly see what I'm talking about. John Collins, Taurean Prince, Dwayne Dembry(sp?), those are some real dawgs, for real. Barnes is a joke, man I can't believe how overrated he is as many fans thought/think he will break out. I highly doubt it

Dennis Schoeder was playing like he plans on being an All-Star this yr. I was impressed by him, he's come a long way. Bud is a great coach, really he is and the Hawks will be a team I use as measuring stick as to what doesn't make sense with our team.

Russ will be fat and well fed after tonight's game(from a distribution standpoint). I think he might drop 15-20 ast but I have a feeling he will make sure Melo gets off. We're going to get blitzed and ran off the court. Melo made some statement yesterday that today's game will important so he can put the Knicks chapter behind him and close it. I'm like uhhh okay whatever buddy!

Oh and of course we effed up not drafting DSJ and I tell Phil Jackson this on twitter at least 1/mo
OKC is a lot different team this year obviously, so Russ will be more of a distributor this year than last year. I'm sure he wants to do everything he can tonight to make Melo look good against his old team tonight. Melo is KP's assignment tonight, I hope he can shut him down.