What Lottery teams will have a .500 record at the end of next season?

Kiyaman

Legend
After the 2017 draft .. what team improve through draft to become a .500 team?

1) 76ers?
2) Lakers?
3) Suns?
4) Kings?
5) Magics?
6) Wolves? Yes
7) Knicks?
8) Mavs?
9) Nets?
10) Pelicans?

8 of those teams lost at least 50 games last season with the Pelicans losing 48 and the Mavs losing 49. Turning into a 0.500 team or better would be a huge feat for any of those teams except for the Wolves, who you already picked, because they managed to trade for an established star player and likely are not done yet improving that roster.

I would go with the fashionable pick of the 76ers, but with Embiid likely to start the season on a minutes restriction and Fultz and Simmons both playing their 1st seasons, it's unlikely they hit 0.500 this season.

Instead, I'll pick the Pelicans as another team betting on that they figure out the Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins setup in their first full year together.

tiger0330

Legend
Pelicans didn't get much help at 2-3 and they may lose Jrue so they may struggle even with Cuz.

The TWolves would be my pick to turn it around even though I predicted for the last 2 seasons they would be a border line playoff team. They're not done with roster yet so they should be even better Oct. than they are now.

Excited to see Simmons play, thought I would get the chance last year but they kept him out for the tank which allowed them to get Fultz. I hope Embiid stays healthy, he doesn't seem worried but Colangelo should be.

and1

Rotation player
yeah, it's a little too soon to predict this. but i'd say that minny is a pretty safe bet... if thibs doesnt end up running KAT and everyone else into the ground lol.
seriously though, i could see minny going .500 as things stand now with their roster.
definitely not the nets lol.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks current odds to win the 2018 NBA championship is set at 150/1, per Bovada LV.

Only seven teams have worse odds than the Knicks including Atlantic Division rival Brooklyn Nets, who have the worst odds at 500/1.

The Knicks were at 100/1 odds as of June 12. However, considering they have not made any moves in the free agency pool, the odds fell.

Focusing on the division, the Celtics have the fourth-best odds to win the title at 14/1 while the Raptors and 76ers are set at 50/1 and 66/1 respectively.

The Knicks have not made the playoffs since the 2012-13 season where they lost in the East Conference semifinal. They had a 31-51 record last season, which was third in the Atlantic Division.

Kiyaman

Legend
The seventh day of the 2017 NBA FA market in July had fans turning their heads from one offer sheet, after another offer sheet along with trades for seven straight daze .......

The past few seasons Lottery teams made some major changes in the draft n FA market ...

1) 76ers? Yes
2) Lakers?
3) Suns?
4) Kings? Yes
5) Magics?
6) Wolves? Yes
7) Knicks? We dont have to Tank next season .. our coach n roster are still .370 (THJ =Rose)
8) Mavs? Yes
9) Nets?
10) Pelicans? Yes

I have selected 5 out of the 10 Lottery-Teams that are capable of having a .500 season, and we Knicks are not one of the five !!!
Why?
We have Dolan $$$? we have Phil/Mills? we have Phil coaching-staff Horn/Rambis? we have Melo? we have KP?

Just read that Vegas has us predicted at 34.5 wins this season. I'm guessing if/when we move Melo that number will drop a little further.

That number is exactly the limbo everyone is afraid of. Not good enough to make the playoffs, but also not bad enough to make it worse than 8th or 9th worst record in the league, so odds against a top pick.