2017 Summer League

and1

Rotation player
DSJ won't play in Orlando. Mavs will play him in Vegas. I'd like to know why if Dallas and others can play in both leagues why don't the Knicks.

i don't have a problem with the knicks not playing in both leagues. less meaningless games = less chance of injury. that's why i'm not a big fan of pre-season nfl games. fans need to see meaningless games to feed their fix, and then when a key player gets injured during one of these meaningless games they fly into a panic uproar. i could never understand that.
1 series of SL games is good enough for me.

tiger0330

Legend
Frank won't play Saturday and we might not even see him in any of the games. Disappointing and not a good start to the kids career with the Knicks.

mafra

Legend
Frank won't play Saturday and we might not even see him in any of the games. Disappointing and not a good start to the kids career with the Knicks.

No big deal really. Doesn't matter if he lights up SL or stinks it up. He doubles his regular season production in the French playoffs...

Kid just flew across pond twice in 48 hrs... banged his knee... NY gains nothing playing him the week.

mafra

Legend
Frank Ntilikina (knee) is feeling "a little bit better," and he hopes to play in New York's Summer League game on Sunday.
Per the report, Ntilikina had also stopped limping, as well. This is a very, very minor knee injury for the rookie so we're not at all concerned. That being said, New York has no incentive to rush him into any action, so it wouldn't be surprising to see Ntilikina treated with kid gloves for the time being. He is only 18, after all.

tiger0330

Legend
Frank Ntilikina (knee) is feeling "a little bit better," and he hopes to play in New York's Summer League game on Sunday.
Per the report, Ntilikina had also stopped limping, as well. This is a very, very minor knee injury for the rookie so we're not at all concerned. That being said, New York has no incentive to rush him into any action, so it wouldn't be surprising to see Ntilikina treated with kid gloves for the time being. He is only 18, after all.
I'm sure Frank is dying to get out on the court just like the fans are dying to see him play. Good sign that he's not limping, I think we see him Sunday.

and1

Rotation player
Word I could care less if he plays all summer, just have him 100% for the first game of the season

yep. just make sure he gets to training camp on time and feeling right. give some of these other guys some minutes in SL and see if they're worth sending to westchester.

Broadway

All Star
Jonathan Isaac doesn't look bad so far, although he asked to come out after 3-4min into the game. I guess winded...lol(probably nerves)

Broadway

All Star
No Frenchie today but he may play our next game. We look horrible thus far...Randle and a bunch of who are yous out there. Maybe they'll pick up the pace before 1st qrt ends

Broadway

All Star
Knicks recovered, got a kid who looks like he can shoot, 7ftr. Chason is having a tough time, doesn't look like a point guard more a two and undersized.

Last edited:
I have the game on DVR. Can't watch it live because of chasing a child around the house. Sounds like I haven't missed much so far. I really hope Ntilikina plays tomorrow.

On a side note, now that PJ is gone, can we go back to the Vegas Summer League? The Orlando Summer League seems kind of lame by comparison.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks recovered, got a kid who can looks like he can shoot 7ftr. Chason is having a tough time, doesn't look like a point guard more a two and undersized.
That kid Kornet, he can stroke it. and1 asked why would you want another 7fter that can shoot it when you have one already. Now you see why.

and1

Rotation player
That kid Kornet, he can stroke it. and1 asked why would you want another 7fter that can shoot it when you have one already. Now you see why.

lol i did ask that. right now we kind of have to solidify and figure out our guard stuff. but hey, if we can move noah's contract and make room for another stretch 4, then why not?
is this kornet dude any good on defense? i just started watching it on youtube, end of the 3rd.

tiger0330

Legend
Better start by the Knicks this year than last year. Last year if I remember, they scored like 90 pts total in the first 2 games, they lead the Mavs 61-59 in the 3rd.

tiger0330

Legend
lol i did ask that. right now we kind of have to solidify and figure out our guard stuff. but hey, if we can move noah's contract and make room for another stretch 4, then why not?
is this kornet dude any good on defense? i just started watching it on youtube, end of the 3rd.
Kornet's shooting sticks out the most, dude shoots 3s almost exclusively 6-7 of his shots are 3s but Greg Anthony just said he's had a nice all around game with his 3rbs. He's undrafted so I doubt he's a defensive stopper though.

and1

Rotation player
my goodness that was an awful 4th quarter. definitely looking like summer league haha. got a decent number of points up overall though.

tiger0330

Legend
Mavs win 80-75. Not a bad game for a first game from 10 guys that never played together. Randle was the leading scorer with 14 but had 7 to's, Kornet had 12 pts. all of them 3s. Dotson was the leading rebounder with 8 and made 2 3s in the last minute.

Fun fact I learned from the Summer League game. Apparently the D league is now called the G league because it is now sponsored by Gatorade

mafra

Legend
Luke Kennard scored 16 points with two assists in his summer league debut on Saturday.
Like the other lottery picks playing today, Kennard signed his deal today. He lived up to the billing on both ends of the floor with scoring on and off the ball. The Duke rookie has a chance for minutes, especially if the Pistons can't bring back Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. As an aside, Kennard writes with his right hand and shoots with his left, so he's the reverse of LeBron James in that regard.