Phil Jackson's Job May Be In Jeopardy!!!

mafra

Legend
Wow.... huge.... Dolan is super loyal to his guys.... Amare, IT, Houston....

Dolan wouldn't let Walsh use stretch provision on Amar'e....

I bet Melo and KP took their beef up the fire pole.

Wow. Going to be interesting. Go hire Griff'

Dump Phil and keep melo.

mafra

Legend
Cheaper to pay PHil 24 mil to walk than Melo 55, no? Basic economics.

And, if Phil is fired, I imagine petty Melo told Dolan he would waive NTC.

tiger0330

Legend
The guy just hasn't done the job. I said it in that other thread, you want to cut out a cancer fire PJ, some of the stuff he's done has been absolutely disruptive for the Knicks. Dolan agreed to an extension with PJ but I think that was before KP brushing him off and PJ announcing to the world that Melo must go. Time to move on from that stupid triangle and no better way to do that than firing Big Chief Triangle.

Let see if it happens, KP and Melo will be thrilled.

tiger0330

Legend
Wow.... huge.... Dolan is super loyal to his guys.... Amare, IT, Houston....

Dolan wouldn't let Walsh use stretch provision on Amar'e....

I bet Melo and KP took their beef up the fire pole.

Wow. Going to be interesting. Go hire Griff'

Dump Phil and keep melo.
Broadway thinks Hinkie would be a better hire for where we are but I think Hinkie is persona non grata in the league after the Sixers. Griffin would be a solid pick and I think he's the hot ticket in the NBA right now, maybe his availability is the motivation for this change of mind on PJ also, Griffin won't last some team is going to make him an offer soon.

mafra

Legend
Berman in Post:

ESPN?s Ramona Shelbourne tweeted that Jackson?s future would be clarified Wednesday and that ?There?s definitely been a conversation going on? between Jackson and Dolan.

There was a recent report that Jackson, who may be on pain medication because of his hip and knee replacements, was dozing off during a recent pre-draft workout.

During Draft Night, Dolan was not in the war room, instead playing with the blues band at a New York City concert. Dolan said that night it was indication he is hands off.

While promoting the show, Dolan told Fox5 ?Ask Phil?? when queried about the struggling Knicks? fortunes.

In his three full seasons, Jackson?s Knicks have posted three straight records of 17-65, 32-50 and 31-51. He took over in March 2014 one season after a 54-28 clip and months after Dolan told The Post he considered the roster to have title-contending club. In a late rally, the Knicks missed the playoffs by one game before Jackson embarked on all his changes, including installing the triangle.

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah I heard he's got health issues that keep him from traveling to do part of his job like scouting players. His age plus his health issues made me confident that we wouldn't see anymore of PJ after his current contract. I've said drafting players because they're a better fit in the triangle when he won't be here just seems idiotic.

mafra

Legend
Dolan needs to act quickly, otherwise this is just like the fake KP trade rumors.

Fire Phil, get Melo to waive NTC,
Hire a GM.

Nobody is signing with NY anyway this summer, so ride out first wave of free agency and then make a couple shrewd moves.

Key is, come Sept.... Phil and Melo are gone.

mafra

Legend
If you are Dolan, you have to fire Phil. He gave a player a 25 mil / 5 yr contract to coach the team, then fired him a year later. He hands Melo that enormous contract, and a NTC, then approaches you about buying melo out.

Dolan can do the Math:

I'm paying PHil how many millions and now he wants me to pay 5 mil a year to dF and 25 mil to melo....
To not be here?

100 mil a year to pay PHil and pay for Phil's mistakes? Even for a billionaire this has to be too much.

mafra

Legend
NYDN sporting Phil will be fired today....

Only way to remove sting of a NYY loss is to wallow in our moribound NYK:

"Phil Jackson's time with the Knicks may be up.

Team owner James Dolan is expected to announce the firing of Jackson early Wednesday morning, according to ESPN.

It was reported earlier Dolan was ?weighing the future? of Jackson as president of the team, according to The Vertical.

The Knicks owner had concerns about Jackson's "fitness for the job" in light of the president openly talking about trading Knicks star Kristaps Porzingis ahead of the NBA draft, the report says.

Knicks prez Phil Jackson set against Melo buyout talks: sources
Rumors swirled during the season that those close to Dolan urged him to part ways with Jackson, according to an ESPN report.

James Dolan may have had enough of Phil Jackson.
James Dolan may have had enough of Phil Jackson. (KATHY WILLENS/AP)
A decision on Jackson's future has not been made yet, but ESPN reports "clarity" is expected Wednesday morning and that Jackson and Dolan have had conversations on what is best for the Knicks' long-term success.

In April, the Knicks picked up the final two years and $24 million of Jackson?s five-year, $60 million contract.

Jackson has been at the helm of the Knicks for three seasons and in that time they have gone 80-166.

Hernangomez earns First Team All-Rookie selection for Knicks
In the 2014-15 campaign, the Knicks went 17-65, the worst mark in franchise history."

tiger0330

Legend
Not even 6 A.M. No longer clarity.

Dolan hates press conferences so he might not have one to announce it even though this is a very big story, bigger than any executive firing in Knicks history but we may only get a press release announcing this.

HEADLINE IN THE DAILY NEWS:

Knicks fire team president Phil Jackson amid feuds with stars Carmelo Anthony, Kristaps Porzingis

Weird how some sources say PJ has been fired and others say there is going to be a "conversation".

No PJ means we get rid of Rambis too? No PJ means we move on from the triangle?

No PJ means what for Melo exactly? That we keep him? That we buy him out and let him go to Cleveland?

So many questions.

mafra

Legend
Knicks owner James Dolan has fired team president Phil Jackson, buying out the two years and $24 million remaining on his contract, reports Stefan Bondy of the NY Daily News.

GM Steve Mills will fill Jackson's role on an interim basis, according to Bondy.

Dolan is targeting Toronto's Masai Ujiri to replace Jackson as the Knicks' president, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.

Ujiri was named the NBA Executive of the Year in 2013 while serving as executive vice president in charge of basketball operations with the Nuggets. That offseason, he signed a 5-year contract to become the general manager of the Raptors.

Bondy notes that the decision to fire Jackson was partly due to the feud's Jackson was having with Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis.

Knicks owner James Dolan has fired team president Phil Jackson, buying out the two years and $24 million remaining on his contract, reports Stefan Bondy of the NY Daily News.

GM Steve Mills will fill Jackson's role on an interim basis, according to Bondy.

Dolan is targeting Toronto's Masai Ujiri to replace Jackson as the Knicks' president, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.

Ujiri was named the NBA Executive of the Year in 2013 while serving as executive vice president in charge of basketball operations with the Nuggets. That offseason, he signed a 5-year contract to become the general manager of the Raptors.

Bondy notes that the decision to fire Jackson was partly due to the feud's Jackson was having with Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis.

Wow, what a crazy plot twist if Ujiri ends up our team president. Could it be, after all these years, Dolan is actually going to use his money to hire a qualified person to do a job?

Hey Ujiri, come to NYC. Bring Kyle Lowry with you.

tiger0330

Legend

Dozens of reasons to fire him but only one reason to keep him and that was a matter of luck.

Ujiri is going to be a tough get for Dolan given the continuing toxicity in NY and firing PJ only adds to it. Dolan set the bar with that outlandish $60M he gave to an inexperienced PJ, what is going to take to get Ujiri.

If I'm Ujiri, I ask for what Slick did back in the 90's an ownership interest or in 2017, a ton of stock options in MSG along with a nice salary for a total comp package of $150M over 5 years. I bet that makes Dolan gag a little.

Knicks and PJ officially "parting ways".

Goodbye PJ. Thanks for KP, WHG, and hiring a head coach who isn't Kurt Rambis. Other than that, it's been terrible.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Knicks fans may celebrate this firing, but this shows how fractured this organization is and how the problems runs deep. Porzingis gets no respect from me, he is a whiner and a baby, dude had a decent rookie year, jumping over the backs of people with some put back dunks and hitting a few threes and all of a sudden he feels he is good enough to be skipping interviews and ignoring the team prez. Carmelo is just a slug, a bum, and it is sad guys like this tend to win out. Phil dug his own grave tho, resigning carmelo was dumb, his actions were odd... Uri masaii would be a fool to take this job...

tiger0330

Legend
Dozens of reasons to fire him but only one reason to keep him and that was a matter of luck.

Ujiri is going to be a tough get for Dolan given the continuing toxicity in NY and firing PJ only adds to it. Dolan set the bar with that outlandish $60M he gave to an inexperienced PJ, what is going to take to get Ujiri.

If I'm Ujiri, I ask for what Slick did back in the 90's an ownership interest or in 2017, a ton of stock options in MSG along with a nice salary for a total comp package of $150M over 5 years. I bet that makes Dolan gag a little.

Knicks and PJ officially "parting ways".

Goodbye PJ. Thanks for KP, WHG, and hiring a head coach who isn't Kurt Rambis. Other than that, it's been terrible.
Sorry Phil you did two things right and WHG wasn't luck though I give credit to Clarence Gaines for it. I wonder what happens to Rambis, Gaines and any of PJ's guys.