The Knicks' offer sheet to Tim Hardaway Jr. has to be the WORST contract in 2017

mafra

Legend
After working out with Tim, thisbis what D-Wade had to say:

"The one thing I've seen in TJ is he's working," Wade said. "He works tirelessly on his body and game. He's gotten so much better since he was first in NY. Same name but different player."

After working out with Tim, thisbis what D-Wade had to say:

"The one thing I've seen in TJ is he's working," Wade said. "He works tirelessly on his body and game. He's gotten so much better since he was first in NY. Same name but different player."

Honestly, I just think DWade is being a nice guy here, but I hope he's right that THJ is a much better player than he was with us the first go-round.

Broadway

All Star
Honestly, I just think DWade is being a nice guy here, but I hope he's right that THJ is a much better player than he was with us the first go-round.

No different when Lebron suggested Miami should draft Shabazz Napier

No different than when Dirk said Gallo was a much better player than he was at a similar-young age

No different than Larry Brown saying Mudiay would most likely be the best player of his draft class

No more profound than D'Angelo hitting a game winner at a Rucker League game recently

No more profound than Anthony Davis saying "he doesn't want to workout with opponents in the offseason because they'll know all your moves"

No different than McCollum working out with Hoody Melo in Melo's Gym

No different than Garnett working out with Thon Maker saying he's going to be the next great player of like caliber

All these people either workout together, know of each other maybe on a more intimate capacity...leading to making outlandish statements to provide a story to write. Some may prove to be true in what they said but here's the deal I don't care if THJR sets a MSG scoring record and is the next coming, he should've never been given "that ridiculous contract"...and many players have improved their game since coming into the league, doesn't mean they are worth their pay grade.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
No different when Lebron suggested Miami should draft Shabazz Napier

No different than when Dirk said Gallo was a much better player than he was at a similar-young age

No different than Larry Brown saying Mudiay would most likely be the best player of his draft class

No more profound than D'Angelo hitting a game winner at a Rucker League game recently

No more profound than Anthony Davis saying "he doesn't want to workout with opponents in the offseason because they'll know all your moves"

No different than McCollum working out with Hoody Melo in Melo's Gym

No different than Garnett working out with Thon Maker saying he's going to be the next great player of like caliber

All these people either workout together, know of each other maybe on a more intimate capacity...leading to making outlandish statements to provide a story to write. Some may prove to be true in what they said but here's the deal I don't care if THJR sets a MSG scoring record and is the next coming, he should've never been given "that ridiculous contract"...and many players have improved their game since coming into the league, doesn't mean they are worth their pay grade.
Exactly. Being a great player or coach doesn't make you a psychic.

Broadway

All Star
Exactly. Being a great player or coach doesn't make you a psychic.

Yeah I saw a tweet today of D'Angelo Russell hitting a game winner at I believe Rucker Tournament to win the chip game and highlighting it with...

"What a way to welcome yourself to Brooklyn"

As if D-Snitch is on his way to becoming some legend!

How about D-Snitch lead Brooklyn back to the playoffs for starters, that would be a true welcome. I get a ton from social media these days but boy does it expose lame mindsets and cheap narratives

If I didn't care much about the report of Steph Curry hitting 100 3s in a row in practice(which he was already a premium proven commodity when he did), I'm sure not going to get goo-goo, gaa-gaa over THJR giving old head D-Wade the bizznazz in some open gym

Lol

All D wade did was made an observation; we are acting like the dude said THJ is going to be an all star this year.

he said he works hard on his body and game, and isnt the same player,

We all know he isnt the same player as he was with the knicks, he was one of the better bench players in the league for atlanta last year, and probably would have produced even better if he started.

either way; I think D wade gave a good report on where THJ is, he works hard, has improved, and those are good signs.

worth the contract NO!! but Im glad we are hearing a hall of famer report the mans working hard as opposed to hearing hes out at a club at 3 am getting into fights or shooting himself in the foot.

Kiyaman

Legend
THJ receiving a compliment of being much better player than his first two season in the league from star DWade is not much of a compliment .. it's the same as saying a child's first two years in school has graduated .. is THJ a honor student? No! Does THJ has the potential to be skipped a grade or two? No! Or else the Atlanta Hawks would've extended his contract before the season were over.
What does the THJ signing says bout Knicks management ???

THJ receiving a compliment of being much better player than his first two season in the league from star DWade is not much of a compliment .. it's the same as saying a child's first two years in school has graduated .. is THJ a honor student? No! Does THJ has the potential to be skipped a grade or two? No! Or else the Atlanta Hawks would've extended his contract before the season were over.
What does the THJ signing says bout Knicks management ???

I believe that it says the knicks management is finally being realistic. Instead of over paying has beens they over paid a young player with moderate potential; knowing that know real big free agents are going to come here until atleast 2020.

I actually am okay with this signing for that reason alone.

knicks fans need to wake up with this cap space crap.

NO ONE IS GOING TO SIGN HERE!!!!

so if we have to over pay for a young legitimate starting sg then go for it.

in 4 years it wont matter anyway.

who were we saving the money we signed hardaway for ???

again NO ONE IS COMING HERE LOL

and1

Rotation player
forgive me for going off topic here, but... schedule just came out. knicks have 7 consecutive away games in january. anybody know if any other team has 7 consecutive away games at any point in their schedule?
i remember last year we had 3 consecutive back to backs in january too. i guess january is officially 'let's brutalize the knicks month' from here on out haha.
good news is we have a whole bunch of home games in november to start out the season.

tiger0330

Legend
forgive me for going off topic here, but... schedule just came out. knicks have 7 consecutive away games in january. anybody know if any other team has 7 consecutive away games at any point in their schedule?
i remember last year we had 3 consecutive back to backs in january too. i guess january is officially 'let's brutalize the knicks month' from here on out haha.
good news is we have a whole bunch of home games in november to start out the season.
Not sure about the 7 away games, I was surprised with them starting the season 2 weeks earlier than last year that they still play 11 back to backs. I don't have any expectations for this team esp if we trade Melo, and even with him ESPN predicted a 32 win season which should be good enough for a lottery ticket. Just hoping KP has a breakout year and Frank justifies his pick over DSJ and Monk.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone actually recall a season in the past 16 years when the Knicks did well after January? (2012/13 doesn't count)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't call 2013/14 good unless i'm only looking at the last 21 games when the Knicks went 16-5.
Sadly, 2004 was it even though the Nets swept us in the first round.

mafra

Legend

I think perennially, both SA and CHI deal with long road trips every year bc of annual events that take over their buildings. Other than that.... not sure

jimkcchief88

All Star
Is there an event at MSG going on at the same time???? When the circus was still going at the United Center the Bulls always went on the famously long "Circus Trip" of road games.