Joakim Noah finally has something to say in the offseason ..

mafra

Legend
Reports are he looks slimmer.... He could (and should be) the perfect back-up for WHG, and hopefully he can provide some
Rebounding and rim protection when called upon.

He's making way too much money, but nobody wants our cash anyway... so it's not a crippling contact right now.

tiger0330

Legend
I would love to see him bounce back but I think what we saw of him the last couple of years, one in CHI and last year in NY is who he is now. His confidence is shot, just look at his FT % in his last 2 seasons, 30% below when he was a productive player, that's a combination of the worst FT mechanics in the NBA and a loss of confidence. I don't think he gets that confidence back coming off the bench, I think he's out of the league by the end of his contract or when they waive him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Reports are he looks slimmer.... He could (and should be) the perfect back-up for WHG, and hopefully he can provide some
Rebounding and rim protection when called upon.

He's making way too much money, but nobody wants our cash anyway... so it's not a crippling contact right now.

Noah has 10 times more successful experience than any frontcourt player on the Knicks roster .. especially Noah's postseason experience ..
The 32 yr old Noah salary is reasonable at $18M per .. Pau Gasol is 37 earning 16M per .. Tim Hardaway don't play a lick of defense nor do THJ pass the ball are making a salary $17.5 per now that's a ridiculous salary to give to someone who has not earned to be $5M player!

Noah has showed great leadership skills during his term with the Chicago Bulls ..
The number one Knicks question last offseason when Noah signed on as a Knicks should have been what players does Noah need in the starter lineup to get the Knicks team playing on the same-page in the Knicks rotation?

Noah's career with the Chicago Bulls were successful ..
The tandem of Noah and Luol Deng kept the Bulls roster on the same-page season after season.
Noah and frontcourt teammate Kurt Thomas all-around performance lead Bulls to the ECF.
Noah and frontcourt teammate Carlos Boozer (16-10 performance) made Bulls a 2nd round playoff team.
Noah and frontcourt teammate Pau Gasol (17-10 performance) made Bulls a 2nd round playoff team.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I would love to see him bounce back but I think what we saw of him the last couple of years, one in CHI and last year in NY is who he is now. His confidence is shot, just look at his FT % in his last 2 seasons, 30% below when he was a productive player, that's a combination of the worst FT mechanics in the NBA and a loss of confidence. I don't think he gets that confidence back coming off the bench, I think he's out of the league by the end of his contract or when they waive him.

When the Bulls organization got rid of coach Thibs the Bulls team went from a 50 win postseason team to just a regular season team that don't make the playoffs. Noah / Gasol / Butler / Rose seen how the Bulls organization were down sizing the Bulls team to become a lottery team the moment the organization got rid of coach Thibs.