Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I wouldn't mind the cautious approach with #kporzee if it wasn't for all the other flags that come with him and some are of the color red. I hope this fan base doesn't condition themselves justifying #kporzee wearing the crown of "it's never my fault" that Melo wore for yrs...

THAT'S A VERY SLIPPERY SLOPE YOU'RE WALKING ON
    He's digging himself a big hole with his prediction of being an all-star and doing interviews with Rebecca Harlow saying he thinks he's ready to assume the role of leader and franchise player left by Melo, comes off as bragging to me. He was a little more restrained in the Harlow interview during last nights game with a little more doubt sprinkled in about being the leader and go to guy which is probably a result of a so-so exhibition season. I guess he's finding out the NBA is a little tougher than playing those national teams in Euro ball and it's going to be hard to become that 20/10 guy playing 82 games to make that All Star team.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dk7th View Post
    No question it is a slippery slope-- were it not for the fact of the context of his first two seasons, in the miasma of the Dolan-owned and run freak show of MSG, Jackson, Melo, and Rose.

His red flags are, I assume:

[Playing "cuddle buddy" with Melo.
    Immaturity through social media.
    Sending mixed messages in the press.
    Skipping of the exit meeting and the potential for being a primadonna with no body of work to show for it.
    His potential for missing games from nagging injuries due to his size and frame.
    Unwillingness to diversify his game inside of 15ft.
    His rushing his shots.]

Outside of that I don't know what he has said or done that is wrong, although Knicks fans have the unfortunate habit of gathering things together and adding the up to something far more damning than is warranted.

He is the main piece of a new and very very young core, so he is going to get the scrutiny, but lets make sure the scrutiny is not magnifying problems or issues out of proportion with the larger context of building a team with patience and maintaining a plan. Worse comes to worse, he doesn't pan out the way we want him to, management is not obliged to pay him that first big contract, and we have to continue to build anyway.

Again, it's going to take 20-25 games to get a real bead on where he is at and where the team is at.
    I added 4 more. I expect him to mature with age but it's not a given(Melo never did, neither has Lebron while we're talking). I could have added his brother as a potential vice but I'll spare it for now. Melo and Phil are no longer here, so hopefully there won't be another splinter cell developing with revolting angst

nothing builds your brand better or faster than winning.
    people are bringing up some valid points on both sides. but let's face it, there's always a 'perfect storm' kind of element when it comes to the knicks. melo's gone, so immediately everyone assumes that it's now the 'passing of the torch' to KP. KP right now is a little banged up from euro ball over the summer, so every little thing is going to be magnified to make him look like a 'mistake'. he certainly did not help matters when he talked about being the main guy now. if there's ONE THING he should have learned while playing next to melo for 2 years in the ny market, it's that he should've learned to be careful what you say, especially to the media. he knew the question was coming, and he should've made it more about 'team' than about 'being ready to be the focus.'
    on the other hand... as much as i hate to say it, because it sounds so easy, but a lot of this is just circus side show crap fueled by ny sports media. there's 2 things ny sports media love more than anything:
    1. competing with each other for the first chance to give the 'star' of a winning team a lap dance.
    2. beating a dead horse. it doesn't matter if a team is losing by a little or by a lot. if you're losing they're going to turn you into a circus. they've been sharpening their knives for this kid ever since they just caught a whiff that melo was on his way out. and they know it's true, but of course they'll never admit it.
    there's a really really good chance this is going to be a very rough season for knicks fans. try not to let that misery cloud your better judgment and make things worse than they already are.
    i've got a sneaky feeling that perry might be thinking about blowing the whole thing up and making this 'his team' anyway.
    KP's been mentioning things about 'wasting energy' quite a bit lately. that kind of sounds like a dig at the coaching. he's probably not going to be a knick for too much longer.
    if the feeling is mutual between him and management, they should come to an agreement and try to get whatever they can for this guy while his stock is still up.
    blame vegas

12th man

I said he should set some goals like 20ppg, 10rb, 40% 3pt shooting, top 20 defensive player but this is ridiculous. Comes off like bragging to me, Greek Freak who I think could pull this off I don't believe ever said this.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I said he should set some goals like 20ppg, 10rb, 40% 3pt shooting, top 20 defensive player but this is ridiculous. Comes off like bragging to me, Greek Freak who I think could pull this off I don't believe ever said this.

Slam Online ranked Hakuna Matata #5 as the best player in the league. Came out Game 1 and played like a Top #1. From what I've heard his workout and game preparation is 2nd to none. No player in the past 3-4yrs has ascended as much as him.

#kporzee doesn't have me fooled at all, he needs to move in silence

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    #kporzee doesn't have me fooled at all, he needs to move in silence
    he needs to move back to Europe where he will be a 2nd tier player

12th man

I'm thinking of bringing back my Latvian flag avatar and sig of him dunking on Lamarcus Aldridge after his performance last night. The one bright spot on a sorry Knicks team and if he can replicate that performance on a consistent basis he'll make that AS team.

It is maybe too early, but KP is backing up his words so far... the guy is almost ungaurdable

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
    It is maybe too early, but KP is backing up his words so far... the guy is almost ungaurdable

I'm digging the fact he's earnestly trying to improve his mid range game. Only taking 6-7 threes a game so far. When he gets more strength he'll
    Be a true monster.

Learn the baby hook!!!!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I'm digging the fact he's earnestly trying to improve his mid range game. Only taking 6-7 threes a game so far. When he gets more strength he'll
    Be a true monster.

Learn the baby hook!!!!
    And his footwork, spin move under the basket on that shot he got fouled on by Drummond and in OKC the step through for the layup. Yes, baby hook with both hands.

Why doesn't ESPN go write an article on why Anthony Davis fails to close games? They had GSW dead to rights and let that game slip away.

In the 4th quarter all he did was make a 3 and dunk an alley-oop. He had 2 rebounds and missed a layup. Not exactly closing the game.

it is definitely too early, only 2 games, but at least he did come out ready to start the season with fire. him, kanter and the Q are the bright spots right now. let's see if some of the other guys decide to show up big too.
    we have to stop being so sloppy in the 2nd half.
    blame vegas

Quote Originally Posted by and1 View Post
    it is definitely too early, only 2 games, but at least he did come out ready to start the season with fire. him, kanter and the Q are the bright spots right now. let's see if some of the other guys decide to show up big too.
    we have to stop being so sloppy in the 2nd half.
    If somebody can glue Ntilikina together to be able to play some games i guess we have a decent and fun to watch team....

Veteran

If somebody can glue Ntilikina together to be able to play some games i guess we have a decent and fun to watch team....
    Ntilikina out again on Tuesday. DSJ and Fragile Frank have combined for 33 minutes played and 5 missed games in the 1st week of the season. Really starting to wish we had taken Donovan Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Ntilikina out again on Tuesday. DSJ and Fragile Frank have combined for 33 minutes played and 5 missed games in the 1st week of the season. Really starting to wish we had taken Donovan Mitchell.
    I think we got spoiled with KP, where we thornton got he would require development time yet he came out swinging and flashes his potential immediately.

Ntikilina is a project and will need his seasoning. This is almost a red shirt Year for him. Way too early to tell. With that said, I think we all know DSJ was the easy choice. Mitchell probably more NBA ready but I still think Ntikilina has a higher ceiling.

Kid has length and athleticism and earnestly wants to pass and play defense. He has work ethic,
    Drive and high bball IQ.