Breaking News: Melo to OKC

and1

Rotation player
ok let me start by giving belated thanks to the following players whom have not gotten enough credit for our ''successes'' (i made it plural for you Jim)

earl barron
solomon jones
james white
thanasis antetokounmpo
ricky ledo
travis wear
earl clark
toure murry
chris smith
jeremy tyler

and ofcourse metta world peace... and thats what we need more of...peace...

you left out tyson chandler and his amazing disappearing acts at the end of the seasons.
oh, don't forget landry fields.
and don't forget STAT and that awful non-insured contract.
and don't forget JR and his habit of chucking up ridiculous bricks when they mattered most. AND his show of appreciation for woodson, who turned him into 6th man of the year, by continuously embarrassing him.
oh, don't forget shump throwing up bricks when they mattered most. and then there was the time he blew out his knee, which of course was not his fault. just sayin'.

Kiyaman

Legend
These cats are throwing some party like this team is actually going to be better this season without Melo. Outside of KP6(maybe), name one other player on this team that is a starter on another NBA roster????There isn't a legit NBA scorer or PG on this roster, but we have 5 centers??? Really??? And all this is a cause for celebration???? Another year of tanking and another rebuild???? Trust me I won't be watching because I can't stand it. Wake me up when this nightmare is over. I might become a Bucks fan for real. Tickets are cheap, I can be there in under an hour, and they are building talent in Milltow with Kiiyamans MVP JKidd coaching. They aren't running elite scorers out of town. You guys enjoy the ****show you begged for this year. It will be well deserved

The Knicks mismanagement do have starters in Noah / Quinn / Lee / and Jack.
The Knicks mismanagement and owner are a FOOL for holding on to Melo for this long, plus Melo help promote a Tier-3 level player into a NBA starter because mismanagement drafted him with the 4th pick .. KP performance is just a half a step away from Barganni - Bennet - Beasley.

When the Miami Heat drafted Beasley with the 2nd pick of the draft in 2008 .. We did not see Miami Heat franchise star player D.Wayne Wade promote or Hype up Beasley Tier-3 performance, Dwade made sure the Heat trade Beasley after his 2nd year in the NBA.

When the Raptors drafted Barganni the Raptors stayed a losing no playoff team until they traded Barganni off the team.

Last edited:

pat

Starter
[...] plus Melo help promote a Tier-3 level player into a NBA starter because mismanagement drafted him with the 4th pick .. KP performance is just a half a step away from Barganni - Bennet - Beasley. .

Kiya, your Porzingis-bashing is irrational. You clearly seem to hold some inexplicable grudge against European players. Didn't you see him perform in the European Championships? He easily dominated the competition played physical while still staying an outside threat. I don't think the world has ever seen a 7.3 player this agile. Forcing him down low would be a terrible waste of talent. Modern basketball is all about creating a system that takes advantage of your players' individual strengths, not trying to press them into a rigid mould.

tiger0330

Legend
Kiya, your Porzingis-bashing is irrational. You clearly seem to hold some inexplicable grudge against European players. Didn't you see him perform in the European Championships? He easily dominated the competition played physical while still staying an outside threat. I don't think the world has ever seen a 7.3 player this agile. Forcing him down low would be a terrible waste of talent. Modern basketball is all about creating a system that takes advantage of your players' individual strengths, not trying to press them into a rigid mould.
With Kanter here, there's less of a need for KP to be a traditional post player. Horn said in one of his interviews echoing what KP said that KP spent a lot of time working on his post game. I had to laugh because the definition of a post game has changed in this age of pace and space 3 pt shooting bball. KP worked on his pick and pop and that turnaround J close in, not a drop step, hook shots with both hands or floaters. His offense close in will be a jump shot in some form or a dunk if he's under the basket but not a classic post game

Broadway

All Star
According to Melo a deal to Houston was agreed upon but didn't get completed for some unknown reason. If true I know for a fact it wasn't him for Ryan Anderson straight up

mafra

Legend
According to Melo a deal to Houston was agreed upon but didn't get completed for some unknown reason. If true I know for a fact it wasn't him for Ryan Anderson straight up

That was the deal PHil almost made.... and why Dolan fired him.

mafra

Legend
I think Phil got fired for the #kporzee debacle(primarily), sleeping during draft workouts, attracting no major free agents

Multiple reporters said sources told them PJax attempting to dump Melo was the final straw for Dolan. Jax was poised to do another Dump like he did with TC and JR/Shump.

Again, the deal that was in place with hOu was basically Ryno for Melo.

mafra

Legend
From "theknicksblog"

Thunder F Carmelo Anthony said a Draft night trade that would have sent him to the Cavaliers this past April fell apart.

The deal would've also included Paul George, who was still with the Pacers at the time and is now Anthony's teammate on the Thunder.

"Me and PG have a very close friendship," Anthony said Thursday while appearing on SiriusXM. "Actually, it was funny because me and PG was supposed to be in Cleveland on draft night. ... we were communicating about that. The deal was actually done and it got called off on Draft night, so me and PG stayed connected throughout the course of the season."

and1

Rotation player
Multiple reporters said sources told them PJax attempting to dump Melo was the final straw for Dolan. Jax was poised to do another Dump like he did with TC and JR/Shump.

Again, the deal that was in place with hOu was basically Ryno for Melo.

yeah, i'm pretty convinced now that phil was TRYING to get fired. kick back on the ranch, collect all that dough that's still owed from that ridiculous embarrassing contract. nice work, if you can get it!

jimkcchief88

All Star

With Melo gone, KP6 is now "next man up" as Broadway says for the hatešŸ˜³

jimkcchief88

All Star
you left out tyson chandler and his amazing disappearing acts at the end of the seasons.
oh, don't forget landry fields.
and don't forget STAT and that awful non-insured contract.
and don't forget JR and his habit of chucking up ridiculous bricks when they mattered most. AND his show of appreciation for woodson, who turned him into 6th man of the year, by continuously embarrassing him.
oh, don't forget shump throwing up bricks when they mattered most. and then there was the time he blew out his knee, which of course was not his fault. just sayin'.

That's a pretty good list, but you forgot about Dwight.

mafra

Legend
Melo:

?Me and my team sat down on Friday night and was like, ?Man, we best prepare for going back to media day on Monday and training camp that week.? And then we got the call that said, ?Would you open it up to OKC?? And I was like, ?Yeah, at this point yeah,?? Anthony said. ?I don?t think it would have been beneficial for me to come back to media day after everything that was going on in the offseason. For me to have to deal with that it would have been unfair for the organization, the Knicks, to have to deal with that. It would have been too much noise, too many questions to answer and I don?t think either party wanted to deal with that.?

Kiyaman

Legend

Wsup Pat .... I'm not bashing our 7.3 KP for not having any skills or moves inside the paint on offense or defense ..
KP had 2 different head coaches and 2 different training coaches in the 2 seasons with us .. I'm sure that's the reason why KP is unskillful at the center position, and unskillful at the PF position.
For two seasons we watch Melo and KP do nothing bout Knicks opponents taking 2nd and 3rd chance shots.
The 2 Knicks stars refuse to bang bodies or box-out for the defensive-rebound.
Its obvious this new so-call Modern basketball has u hooked to thinking a 30 minute playing big-man dont have to grab 10 rebounds at least once out of 10 games, or shoot above 50% once out of 10 games.
The so-call Modern basketball has not won any championships in the NBA ..
I hope u dont think or believe the GSW play Modern basketball, because they dont!
Head Coach Mark Jackson taught the Golden State Warriors the Old-School fundamental on winning.
Plus GSW has Draymond Green aka super-star Barkley having top skills to perform in all 3 position in the frontcourt as a 2 way player.
This so-call Modern Basketball people are talking bout was also played decades ago in the NBA and ABA by certain teams, when our head coach Hornacek were a player in the NBA, Hornacek played the Modern basketball on the Phoenix Suns with DJ, then later on in Hornacek career the Utah Jazz played this Mordern basketball, Karl Malone killed teams from the perimeter more than the slashing through the middle for a Dunk.
Spurs Coach Pop has success every season from playing old-school basketball.

Kiyaman

Legend
With Kanter here, there's less of a need for KP to be a traditional post player. Horn said in one of his interviews echoing what KP said that KP spent a lot of time working on his post game. I had to laugh because the definition of a post game has changed in this age of pace and space 3 pt shooting bball. KP worked on his pick and pop and that turnaround J close in, not a drop step, hook shots with both hands or floaters. His offense close in will be a jump shot in some form or a dunk if he's under the basket but not a classic post game

When will KP start taking advantage of his 7.3 height to take several shots from 15 feet from the basket, opponents will start fouling KP when he gets the ball that close to the basket to put KP on the foul line 2 to 4 times a game.
Make me think KP dont know anything bout Dirk performance because if KP did he would know Dirk used to average 7 shots from the foul line per game.

Wsup Tiger .. we have 4 centers in Noah/Kanter/Quinn/WHG, plus a half of center in KP.
What are we gonna do with so many centers?
When will coach Hornacek start playing Quinn and WHG at their natural position PF, instead of playing them outside their position at center?
Do u recall when we had David Lee at the center position for 2 or 3 seasons straight having 23 win seasons, then when we traded David Lee to the GSW, David Lee were put to play at his natural position PF on the GSW.
For the last 18 seasons the Knicks puppet coaches has had a bad habit of playing players outside their natural position. Why? to lose twice as many games a season as they won!