Favorite Melo Moments And Games?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
What is your's?

Keep this thread positive! There's other threads for you talk to otherwise.

He gave a lot of us some great memories.

The Two Bombs To Beat The Bulls

Melo averaging almost 30 points per game and leading us to the 1st round playoff series win in 2013 that ended the Celtics' Garnett-Pierce-Allen-Rondo era.

Even after the 2nd round loss to the Pacers, the future for the Knicks seemed so bright.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Melo averaging almost 30 points per game and leading us to the 1st round playoff series win in 2013 that ended the Celtics' Garnett-Pierce-Allen-Rondo era.

Even after the 2nd round loss to the Pacers, the future for the Knicks seemed so bright.
I loved that team. I still wonder what the reasoning was for not using their big men more (Camby), but maybe it had to do with health. Kurt Thomas retired after a heroic performance to beat the Jazz in the regular season. Did Sheed finish playing with them?

Melo
Sheed
Thomas
Camby
Amar'e
K-Mart
Chandler
Kidd
Prigioni
J.R. Smith
Copeland
Novak
etc.

Last edited:
I loved that team. I still wonder what the reasoning was for not using their big men more (Camby), but maybe it had to do with health. Kurt Thomas retired after a heroic performance to beat the Jazz in the regular season. Did Sheed finish playing with them?

Melo
Sheed
Thomas
Camby
Amar'e
K-Mart
Chandler
Kidd
Prigioni
J.R. Smith
Copeland
Novak
etc.

Sheed retired before the regular season ended after missing time with a broken foot. I then remember he showed up for the playoffs to watch one of the games courtside and was wearing a Celtics cap and rooting for them instead of us. He was an interesting dude.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Sheed retired before the regular season ended after missing time with a broken foot. I then remember he showed up for the playoffs to watch one of the games courtside and was wearing a Celtics cap and rooting for them instead of us. He was an interesting dude.
I don't remember the thing with the hat. I thought he showed up, but thought it might have been in support of the Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
Surprised you guys didn't mention Melo's 62 pts against the Bobcats which is 1 pt more than Lebrons career high 61 pts.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The 62-point game is great, but from what I remember one of the "top defensive" teams didn't defend him well that night.

tiger0330

Legend
The 62-point game is great, but from what I remember one of the "top defensive" teams didn't defend him well that night.
CHA didn't double him all night and Clyde commented thats what they should be doing but the Bobcats had MKG their best defender on him but he just couldn't be stopped.

Sessions was the starting PG because Kemba was out for them and he was nothing special. Sessions is 3 yrs older so Frank should easily beat him out early for the starters job, if I were Horn I'd maybe start Sessions or Jack in the beginning of the season to take pressure off him but give Frank major minutes to acclimate him ASAP.

Kiyaman

Legend
The BEST news in Knicks ISO-Melo era were ....

Sources: Knicks, Thunder discuss Melo trade
REPORT: The Knicks have traded Carmelo Anthony to the Thunder
Breaking: Carmelo Anthony Traded to Oklahoma City
ESPN.com: Sources: Knicks trade Melo to OKC
It's official: Melo trade to Thunder announced
NBA: Carmelo Anthony Has Left New York

The BEST news in Knicks ISO-Melo era were ....

Sources: Knicks, Thunder discuss Melo trade
REPORT: The Knicks have traded Carmelo Anthony to the Thunder
Breaking: Carmelo Anthony Traded to Oklahoma City
ESPN.com: Sources: Knicks trade Melo to OKC
It's official: Melo trade to Thunder announced
NBA: Carmelo Anthony Has Left New York

Couldn't let RunningJumper have his one positive thread about Melo?

Kiyaman

Legend

The Old-Timers lead by Jason Kidd took the Knicks to a 54 win season plus to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
The only reason why Jason Kidd signed with the Knicks early in the offseason were Kidd thought he would be mentoring Lin Sanity to become the Knicks future PG, then retire to become a Knicks coach.
When Kidd retired at the end of the season, the Old-Timers retired too.
The Melo-Knicks did not offer any of the Old-Timers a coaching job.

Last edited: