[NYPost] The Knicks hate is all over the city

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Did FoxSports1 actually did this?

Multiple straphangers, including Jared Mintz at FanRag Sports, photographed the Times Square to Grand Central shuttle with an anti-Knicks ad. The prominent blue and orange shot includes Joakim Noah and Tim Hardaway Jr. with the word “Hopeless” written between them.

Noah is in the second year of a four-year, $72 million contract after playing horribly in his first season. Hardaway, pictured wearing the No. 5 jersey from his first Knicks stint, signed a widely criticized four-year, $71 million contract this offseason.

On the inside of the train there’s a picture of Noah’s No. 13 jersey on one seat, with its neighboring seat reading, “Nothing will change until Dolan sells the team.”

The ad also prominently includes the logo for Fox Sports 1, a spokesperson for the network confirmed.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/03/the-knicks-hate-is-all-over-the-city/

Last edited:

and1

Rotation player
this is pretty foul. no one's expecting the media to try and claim this team is a contender, but damn.
i wonder if this might be political in some way. i wonder if this has anything to do with the stories going around that they're considering 'protesting the anthem'.
if this was simply an attack on dolan to try and pressure him somehow into selling the team - as if he actually he gives a damn what anyone thinks - i'm sure the people involved are smart enough to go about it a different way. i wonder how much money it cost them to do this. i wonder if maybe that money could have been better spent.

tiger0330

Legend
It''s supposed to be a pro/con thing. Here's the pro Knick side, definitely slanted to a negative Knicks spin imo.

Kiyaman

Legend
this is pretty foul. no one's expecting the media to try and claim this team is a contender, but damn.
i wonder if this might be political in some way. i wonder if this has anything to do with the stories going around that they're considering 'protesting the anthem'.
if this was simply an attack on dolan to try and pressure him somehow into selling the team - as if he actually he gives a damn what anyone thinks - i'm sure the people involved are smart enough to go about it a different way. i wonder how much money it cost them to do this. i wonder if maybe that money could have been better spent.

WOW !!! on the Times Square Shuttle!

I wonder how the young Knicks players will react on the court to such Foulness advertise publicly bout their team?
The word "HOPELESS" sticks out the most to us Knick Fans who weigh the Knicks organization past 18 yrs of mismanagement alongside the word hopeless.

Our young core of players going into the 2017-18 season does bring HOPE for the Knicks future !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
"
Knicks owner Jim Dolan called Rupert Murdoch on Tuesday and was “furious” about the new Knicks’ Hopeless ad campaign sponsored by FS1 that is running in New York City subways, an industry source said.
They are “dealing with a s–tstorm internally at Fox,” the source said. “If you post something like this you have to expect Dolan’s wrath.”
Murdoch and his family own both 21st Century Fox and News Corp through the Murdoch Family Trust.
The ad campaign asks Knicks fans — and subway riders — to “pick a side“: Are the Knicks hopeful or hopeless?
One subway car, pictured above via Jake Becker of the Daily News, has images of Tim Hardaway Jr. and Joakim Noah with the word “Hopeless” running across the side of the train. The Knicks have failed to make the playoffs for the last four seasons, and recently traded Carmelo Anthony to the Oklahoma City Thunder to facilitate a rebuild around young players like Hardaway Jr., Kristaps Porzingis and rookie Frank Ntilikina.
One FSI-sponsored subway seat reads, “Nothing will change until Dolan sells the team.”

2 Oct
Jared @JMintzHoops
On the shuttle that runs between grand central and Times Square lmao pic.twitter.com/iWMrHJijU7
Follow
Mike G @mgilliga
pic.twitter.com/UtXio9SuDl

Another series of seats read “Sit Here if You Blame Phil,” Sit Here if You Blame Melo” and “Sit Here if You Blame Dolan.”
NY Daily News Sports ✔ @NYDNSports
Pick a seat, Knicks fans http://nydn.us/2xPhYhH

The Knicks open the preseason Tuesday night at home against the Nets.
Photo: Daily News

and1

Rotation player
damn. am i actually going to be expected to pick a side between dolan and murdoch? LMAO!
nah, i'll pass on this feud.

And it's being taken down today. FS1 using Knicks team and player imagery without team approval and pissing billionaire Dolan off this much? Yeah, that was a mistake.

and1

Rotation player
It's funny, if just once he showed a sense of humor about something like this, people might ease up on him a little.

nah, they'd probably rip him for not taking it seriously enough how long the fans have been suffering.
dolan shows a sense of humor about it every season when the team stinks and he's out there playing his kazoo on stage.

nah, they'd probably rip him for not taking it seriously enough how long the fans have been suffering.
dolan shows a sense of humor about it every season when the team stinks and he's out there playing his kazoo on stage.

He's cool with the team being terrible, but someone says to him "Hey Dolan, the team is terrible", he is then out for blood.

and1

Rotation player
oh, i forgot to mention his sense of humor when it comes to the price of tickets. now THAT's a joke!