Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets 7:30 10/03/2017 [Preseason Game #1]

rady

Administrator
Staff member

header.jpg

BKN.gif
AT.png
NYK.gif

(0-0) -- (0-0)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

?? - ??

Injury Report

Brooklyn NetsNew York Knicks
Caris LeVert - Ankle (Day 2 Day)Kristaps Porzingis - Knee (Day 2 Day)
-Ron Baker - Ankle (Day 2 Day)
-Frank Ntilikina - Groin (Day 2 Day)

Rady is on it this season, ready to go with preseason game 1, not that I expected any different. Thanks, man.

Hope Ntilikina can play tonight. I really want him to prove that he's not just some CGI effect that we are using in our practice footage.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Couldn't wait for the preseason to start, really curious how the starting lineup will look like and how the Knicks will do in the post Anthony & Jackson era

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like Frank will play. No Baker, Kuz, Noah or Kornet. I think this will be the starting 5. Frank, THJ, Dougie, KP, Kanter.

Nets starters.

Lin, Russell, Carroll, Hollis-Jefferson and Mozgov.

Looks like Frank will play. No Baker, Kuz, Noah or Kornet. I think this will be the starting 5. Frank, THJ, Dougie, KP, Kanter.

Nets starters.

Lin, Russell, Carroll, Hollis-Jefferson and Mozgov.

Meaningless game, but great chance for the young Knicks to get off on the right foot in front of some of the fans. Glad Ntilikina is playing. Still would surprise me to see WHG and Lee come off the bench.

Didn't think of this until they said it just now. Ntilikina is making his debut for the Knicks on the 50th anniversary of Walt Frazier's debut.

They're showing the Knicks players all with arms linked during the national anthem. NBA has said no kneeling, so this is a good road to take in my mind.

Nice post up shot from KP. Sessions feeding him the ball deep in the post. McDermott drains a 3 and then a layup. We lead 18 - 8. We've hit 8 out of 9 shots. It's only preseason, but we look okay so far.

The ups and downs of being a rookie PG. Assist, ugly turnover, assist. Brooklyn chopping away our lead by hitting ugly 3-point bank shots.

Is WHG hurt? He is the most noticeable absence from our 1st quarter rotation so far. 10 guys have played so far.

Ntilikina would have had another nice assist, but Kanter blows the layup. Ntilikina playing with Prigioni-like unselfishness.

2-man game with Kanter in the post leads to Ntilikina knocking down the 3. Next possession is another nice pass to Kanter leading to his 3rd assist.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Big-ups for the first thread of our young-core Knicks season .. looking forward to the Boro's rival go at it Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets .... interested in both teams backcourt guards .. Kanter should have a double-double