Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Brooklyn Nets 7:30 10/08/2017 [Preseason Game #3]

rady

Administrator
Staff member

header.jpg

NYK.gif
AT.png
BKN.gif

(0-2) -- (2-0)

VenueTVTIME
Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY MSG7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

201960.png
201584.png

1626178.png
201563.png

202389.png
202683.png

203459.png
203501.png

202391.png
201196.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksBrooklyn Nets
Frank Ntilikina - Knee (DOUBT)Caris LeVert - Ankle (QUEST)
Mindaugas Kuzminskas - Calf (DOUBT)Allen Crabbe - Ankle (DOUBT)
Ron Baker - Ankle (DOUBT)-
Luke Kornet - Hamstring (DOUBT)-

Last edited:
Thanks for the game thread, Rady.

Looking forward to watching this game, but starting to get a little frustrated with Fragile Frank.

tiger0330

Legend
Horn better come up with starting and second unit lineups. These poor starts since PJ can be blamed in these revolving door lineups. Today Jack, THJ, CLee, KP and WHG are the starters. Frank didn't even dress, is he going to play tomorrow? I think you can rule him out as the starter day 1. If he's not healthy Knicks are going to have to make a decision about who to cut to make room for Jack.

tiger0330

Legend
15 pts on 7 Knick to's by the Nets and shooting 54% on 6-11 3s has the Nets up 36-28 early 2nd.

Last edited:
WHG and Kanter are two versions of the same player and neither are good defensively. We need to move one of them for a 1st round pick if we can.

Our defense is non-existent. If this carries over to the regular season, we are easily a bottom 5 team.

tiger0330

Legend
Last years team looked better than this one. KP imo a long way from being the franchise player taking over from Melo. Frank who many were looking forward to being a pass first, defensive PG has played 18 mins total in games since the Knicks drafted him. Sessions or Jack aren't going to win you many games as the starting PG. Yeah this looks like another losing season.

Broadway

All Star
WHG and Kanter are two versions of the same player and neither are good defensively. We need to move one of them for a 1st round pick if we can.

I said when we traded Melo and got back Kanter, it would probably create a problem in the frontcourt. I bet Hornacek doesn't know who he should really start or what his rotations should be in general.

If we're supposedly going young then that's what we should roll with but we all know we're being fed a bunch of crap here

Maybe we're going to get what some fans want. I thought we were going to win 30+ games, but after watching how bad the effort has been in the preseason, maybe this team is going to struggle to beat just about anybody. It seems silly to say, but there are maybe only 2 guys on the roster who can change this defense is optional culture and those guys are Noah and Ntilikina.

Announcers talking about it now. Watching how hard Noah is playing in the 3rd quarter makes you appreciate how lazy everyone else is playing.

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe we're going to get what some fans want. I thought we were going to win 30+ games, but after watching how bad the effort has been in the preseason, maybe this team is going to struggle to beat just about anybody. It seems silly to say, but there are maybe only 2 guys on the roster who can change this defense is optional culture and those guys are Noah and Ntilikina.

Noah gets too much respect. He can't even make layups any longer and he's not the defender he once was. He admits he's a step slower and he's coming off the bench this season. Frank hasn't proven anything yet except he can't stay healthy.

Noah gets too much respect. He can't even make layups any longer and he's not the defender he once was. He admits he's a step slower and he's coming off the bench this season. Frank hasn't proven anything yet except he can't stay healthy.

Agreed in all those regards. But, compared to how the rest of this team plays defense, at least Noah and Ntilikina (in that 1 game he did play) look like they have the intention to stop the other team from scoring. Our other guys, man, I can't even tell you what they are trying to do on defense. It just looks awful.

tiger0330

Legend
If the Knicks wanted a defensive culture you would get a guy like Booker who just welcomed Dotson to the NBA with that block. Carroll is pretty good but makes too much money.

KP out the rest of the game with a sore hip.

If the Knicks wanted a defensive culture you would get a guy like Booker who just welcomed Dotson to the NBA with that block. Carroll is pretty good but makes too much money.

KP out the rest of the game with a sore hip.

Remember when PJ was going to spend the offseason acquiring "defensive" players? Yeah, Mills went in a different direction.