Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Brooklyn Nets 7:30 10/08/2017 [Preseason Game #3]

tiger0330

Legend
If the Knicks wanted a defensive culture you would get a guy like Booker who just welcomed Dotson to the NBA with that block. Carroll is pretty good but makes too much money.

KP out the rest of the game with a sore hip.

And Quincy Acy who now can shoot the 3 would be another cheap get to build a defensive team

tiger0330

Legend
Nets toying with the Knicks with Booker and Russell playing volleyball passing the ball under the basket for an easy bucket and then laughing about the play running back.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks look like the second best team in NY this year. Nets look much improved with Crabbe and DRuss. Atkinson now has the shooters for his offense.

Broadway

All Star
I'll say this again, it isn't popular opinion but WHG with equal usage rate is probably the best prospect we have on this team if we looked at bottom-line productivity

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 22

mafra

Legend
Tonight gives me up we could secure a top 3 pick.... All I ask for is we go 1 way or the other: either be consistently terribly and win 18 or be feisty and win 38.

Just please don't be a 28 win team.

and1

Rotation player
wow that was embarrassing. we may very well be in store for a laugher of a season. they better drop ticket prices or there's going to be a riot.
it seems pretty clear that hardaway is probably never going to be even a decent defensive player. no kanter or beasley tonight, but it's not like those guys were likely to give us any help on the defensive end.
a lot of the guys looked completely lost out there. let's see if they respond tomorrow night against houston.

tiger0330

Legend
Last years team looked better than this one. KP imo a long way from being the franchise player taking over from Melo. Frank who many were looking forward to being a pass first, defensive PG has played 18 mins total in games since the Knicks drafted him. Sessions or Jack aren't going to win you many games as the starting PG. Yeah this looks like another losing season.
Alan Hahn called out Porzingis in a commercial break on air. I'm not the only one not seeing an All Star after his prediction of being one and a summer of work to develop his game. He's the future but no improvement in his 3rd year in the league would be a disaster for him and the Knicks.

?The other thing you could do is kill Porzingis for being minus-20 in 16 minutes,? Hahn said to Szczerbiak during a halftime commercial break. ?Dude, like come on, man. You?re a star. This what you?re doing out? You?re just out there??

Before the audio turns into a commercial, Hahn said something unclear about Porzingis having ?a lot to learn.?

Broadway

All Star
Alan Hahn called out Porzingis in a commercial break on air. I'm not the only one not seeing an All Star after his prediction of being one and a summer of work to develop his game. He's the future but no improvement in his 3rd year in the league would be a disaster for him and the Knicks.

Well for starters, the first problem I see with Hahn and his critique is referring to #kporzee as a star. He's not! Being the so-called best player on our team playing in the largest market isn't what makes one a star. I've always cautioned the over selling of #kporzee. Look he's a pretty decent player who has the ability to show flashes but that won't cut it.

I said the day we drafted him, he needs to be better than what the franchise thinks he'll be. Translation...he has to clearly surpass expectations by wide margins. Especially considering how we're dealing from a position of weakness for the duration of his rookie scale contract. We're not going to see a major leap from #kporzee, he's not that kind of player and doesn't have the kind of leadership skills to get there. In his mind he may want to be great and rep this city to the fullest but his heart and physical strength is way behind the curve here

Being an All-Star is also ambiguous in many respects...to truly tell how good a player is or will be

Kiyaman

Legend

Wsup Tiger .... I was trying to hold back till regular season games, but yesterday game being outscored in all 4 quarters
Old news to me bout KP .. Each Knick season i will keep saying the same thing bout KP since his rookie season .. "KP is far from being a starter in the NBA, KP is a 20 minute bench player until he learn a position he could be effective in.". KP was a waste of minutes in both games vs Nets.

The last regular season Tim Hardaway Jr. were in a Knicks uniform the Knicks had a 17 win season!
We actually had THJ as our 2nd n 3rd option on offense back then.
What happen to all the new and improved Defense from Hardway people were talking bout over the offseason .. it does not exist in the preseason games?
There were multiple sequences in all 3 preseason games when THJ were standing at the top of the key on D defending no one on defense.
Yesterday our last possession THJ were defending Lin, then left Lin to halfheartedly provide help and didn't bother recovering back. Lin just scored easily over THJ letting us know THJ will be a big liability on defense in the up coming season.
We gave THJ this ridiculous over paid offer sheet contract the same week the Spurs turn down resigning Jonathan Simmons.

Lance Thomas sucked last season, and he sucked throughout all the preseason games, especially last night.

Getting blown out twice (this time by 20-30 points) to a team that lost 60 games last year is certainly an encouraging omen for the upcoming season.
The Nets have really nice flow and ball movement and stress a defense while every one of our shots is contested. Needless to say, their schemes at both ends of the court make ours look like Kids b.ball.
The Nets have 6 new players, possibly 7 on opening night, and their coach is in his second year. The Knicks have 7 new players, possibly 8 if Jack makes the roster and a coach in his second year. The Nets have some vets on really bad contracts (Moz, Carroll) and an overpaid, young shooting guard. The Knicks have some vets on really bad contracts (Noah, Lee, Thomas) and a young, overpaid shooting guard. The Nets are building around a top 5 pick from the 2015 draft. The Knicks are building around a top 5 pick from the 2015 draft. The teams are very similar. Why why why are the Nets 3-0, and the Knicks are 0-3 ???