Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Knicks sign guard Trey Burke

The team just announced via Twitter the signing.

Veteran

Sounds like Burke will be G League bound. Former top 10 pick by Minny in 2013. When he got heavy minutes his first couple seasons in the league, he was a 12 ppg and 5 apg guy, but with bad shooting. Shot better last year in limited minutes with Washington, but the fact the Knicks could get him like this tells you everything you need to know about how the league feels about his prospects, even only still at age 24.

Originally Posted by htr10
    Sounds like Burke will be G League bound. Former top 10 pick by Minny in 2013. When he got heavy minutes his first couple seasons in the league, he was a 12 ppg and 5 apg guy, but with bad shooting. Shot better last year in limited minutes with Washington, but the fact the Knicks could get him like this tells you everything you need to know about how the league feels about his prospects, even only still at age 24.
    Thunder were ready to sign him but he backed out of the deal. Just was reading he may be headed to Westchester, that would be convenient for the Knicks since they don't have a roster spot. I thought Perry might be close to a deal for Lance or Quinn to make space for him. He might be the best PG out of Jack, Sessions and Baker despite the lackluster career he's had so far.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Thunder were ready to sign him but he backed out of the deal. Just was reading he may be headed to Westchester, that would be convenient for the Knicks since they don't have a roster spot. I thought Perry might be close to a deal for Lance or Quinn to make space for him. He might be the best PG out of Jack, Sessions and Baker despite the lackluster career he's had so far.
    Just saw this on NBC sports, they said the same as me, might be the best PG on the Knicks.

He might stink, but he also might be the Knicks’ best point guard… Part 5. The #Knicks have signed point guard, Trey Burke. Welcome to New York, Trey! #NewYorkForever pic.twitter.com/cnwN88…

Good signing. Was he at MIchigan with THJr?

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Yeah they played together

Veteran

We should have kept PG-Jerian Grant, he will be starting for the Bulls on their opening night, plus his passing skills improve tremendously over the offseason, looking like a NBA tier-2 PG in the preseason games.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    We should have kept PG-Jerian Grant, he will be starting for the Bulls on their opening night, plus his passing skills improve tremendously over the offseason, looking like a NBA tier-2 PG in the preseason games.
    We traded Grant along with Robin Lopez and Jose Calderon to get 2 guys who we let walk in free agency (Rose and Holliday) and a 2nd round pick that became Damyean Dotson. Holy cow are PJ's trades train wrecks in retrospect.

Veteran

Fail-Jackson legacy lives

Originally Posted by mafra
    he also played with kanter on the jazz.
    blame vegas

We traded Grant along with Robin Lopez and Jose Calderon to get 2 guys who we let walk in free agency (Rose and Holliday) and a 2nd round pick that became Damyean Dotson. Holy cow are PJ's trades train wrecks in retrospect.
    yeah, by the end of last season i was pretty sure we were going to at least make an attempt to keep holiday seeing as we traded those two guys for him and rose, and it was pretty clear they were going to let rose walk. but hey, what the hell do i know?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    blame vegas

i don't mind this signing. i don't LOVE it, but i don't mind it.
    so who's getting traded? because i'm getting the feeling they didn't sign this guy just to send him to westchester for the whole season.
    anybody know what the terms of the contract are? i can't find it anywhere.
    anybody know why he backed out of signing with the thunder?
    blame vegas

Originally Posted by and1
    i don't mind this signing. i don't LOVE it, but i don't mind it.
    so who's getting traded? because i'm getting the feeling they didn't sign this guy just to send him to westchester for the whole season.
    anybody know what the terms of the contract are? i can't find it anywhere.
    anybody know why he backed out of signing with the thunder?
    I'd bet Timmy had something to do with it, he's got a better chance being the starting PG here than OKC. Both teams could only offer the minimum, probably the same as Jack got a non-guaranteed minimum contract.

Veteran

Yeah he was pretty terrible here but Dotson may turn out to be the brightest spot of this season

Veteran

This quote is classic Knick fail type talk...smh