Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Washington Wizards Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizars 7:30 10/13/2017 [Preseason Game #5]

(3-1) -- (0-4)

Venue TV TIME
    Madison Square Garden, New York, NY NBA TV, MSG 7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:
    (i still have no idea what Horny's starting 5 will look like tonight)

Injury Report

Washington Wizards New York Knicks
    Sheldon Mack - Leg (OUT) Michael Beasley - Elbow (QUEST)
    Markieff Morris - Ankle (OUT) Kristaps Porzingis - Hip (QUEST)
    - Frank Ntilikina - Knee (QUEST)
    Joakim Noah - Illness (OUT)

it'd be pretty cool to see the kuz in the starting lineup tonight. let's see if we can pull out at least 1 win before the regular season starts.
    blame vegas

12th man

Three of those guys start opening day at OKC, Sessions, Kanter, THJ. Porzingis will probably be ready as the starter and I would guess CLee will start at SF. CLee vs. PG is a matchup I don't like, anyone like Beasley vs. PG instead.

12th man

Wsup Rady .... Thanks for the Game-Thread .. The Knicks preseason games hasn't been looking to optimistic on the Fans-side or on the players-side or the coaching-side or on the defensive-side of the court.

I would have like for coach Hornacek to create two different lineups throughout the preseason games to get players familiar to having the same teammates on the court to workout their Do's n Don'ts on offense n defense .. i understand injuries happen, but Horn did not set up one specific lineup to run and improve throughout the preseason games.

It will be nice to see Kuz on the court to see how much he has improved over the summer .. A trio frontcourt of Kanter/WHG/and Kuz would be great as a 2nd-Unit .. if Horn would rotate that trio-frontcourt lineup to start the 2nd-quarter plus start the 4th-quarter.

So far coach Horn musical-chair starting lineup in the preseason games looked awful n confusing

12th man

Horn went with Beasley at the 4. Starters are Kanter, Beas, Lee, THJ and Sessions. If Beasley does well we may see him starting in OKC as the SF or PF if KP can't go. I said I did not like the Paul George matchup with CLee, let's see if Beas can show some of that KD game he brags about.

12th man

30th in the pre-season defending the 3 with a whole new group of guys. Horn should be blaming himself not his players.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    30th in the pre-season defending the 3 with a whole new group of guys. Horn should be blaming himself not his players.
    Not sure what else is out there for us, but no way Hornacek survives this season. Losing is one thing, but playing this undisciplined and sloppy during the regular season would be a death sentence for any coach.

12th man

THJ is screaming at teammates to hustle n move .. maybe he really is Tim Hardaway son

Veteran

Sessions is getting the ball to our scorers, they're just not doing much with it when they get it.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Not sure what else is out there for us, but no way Hornacek survives this season. Losing is one thing, but playing this undisciplined and sloppy during the regular season would be a death sentence for any coach.
    Hornacek is a coach ???

12th man

I have no idea why Baker is a coaches favorite. Guy can't shoot, his misses are no where near the basket. Hustle only goes so far, you got to put the ball in the basket at least as well as Tony Allen.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Hornacek is a coach ???
    Remember when this franchise got rid of Mike Woodson after going 109 - 79 in two and a half seasons as our head coach? How many more years before we have another head coach with a winning record I wonder.

Kanter and Beasley are strictly junior varsity players. Lousy defenders and black holes. For context as far as RPM last year Beasley in 16.7 minutes was a -2.31, a negative on both offense and defense. Kanter in 21.3 minutes was a -.68, where he was .56 on offense and of course horrible on defense.

Why must Hornacek start these guys tonight? They're surely not going to start and Beasley cannot be part of the rotation at all.

12th man

Brendan Brown should do more TV with Breen, I like his perspective more than Clydes.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Brendan Brown should do more TV with Breen, I like his perspective more than Clydes.
    i would prefer brendan with clyde. breen can do his other gigs and stick to tnt or espn or whatever haha.
    blame vegas