Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizars 7:30 10/13/2017 [Preseason Game #5]

rady

Administrator
Staff member

header.jpg

WAS.gif
AT.png
NYK.gif

(3-1) -- (0-4)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYNBA TV, MSG7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:
(i still have no idea what Horny's starting 5 will look like tonight)

201160.png
1627851.png

203490.png
202683.png

101162.png
1626195.png

203078.png
203501.png

202322.png
201196.png

Injury Report

Washington WizardsNew York Knicks
Sheldon Mack - Leg (OUT)Michael Beasley - Elbow (QUEST)
Markieff Morris - Ankle (OUT)Kristaps Porzingis - Hip (QUEST)
-Frank Ntilikina - Knee (QUEST)
Joakim Noah - Illness (OUT)

and1

Rotation player
it'd be pretty cool to see the kuz in the starting lineup tonight. let's see if we can pull out at least 1 win before the regular season starts.

tiger0330

Legend
Three of those guys start opening day at OKC, Sessions, Kanter, THJ. Porzingis will probably be ready as the starter and I would guess CLee will start at SF. CLee vs. PG is a matchup I don't like, anyone like Beasley vs. PG instead.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .... Thanks for the Game-Thread .. The Knicks preseason games hasn't been looking to optimistic on the Fans-side or on the players-side or the coaching-side or on the defensive-side of the court.

I would have like for coach Hornacek to create two different lineups throughout the preseason games to get players familiar to having the same teammates on the court to workout their Do's n Don'ts on offense n defense .. i understand injuries happen, but Horn did not set up one specific lineup to run and improve throughout the preseason games.

It will be nice to see Kuz on the court to see how much he has improved over the summer .. A trio frontcourt of Kanter/WHG/and Kuz would be great as a 2nd-Unit .. if Horn would rotate that trio-frontcourt lineup to start the 2nd-quarter plus start the 4th-quarter.

So far coach Horn musical-chair starting lineup in the preseason games looked awful n confusing

tiger0330

Legend
Horn went with Beasley at the 4. Starters are Kanter, Beas, Lee, THJ and Sessions. If Beasley does well we may see him starting in OKC as the SF or PF if KP can't go. I said I did not like the Paul George matchup with CLee, let's see if Beas can show some of that KD game he brags about.

tiger0330

Legend
30th in the pre-season defending the 3 with a whole new group of guys. Horn should be blaming himself not his players.

30th in the pre-season defending the 3 with a whole new group of guys. Horn should be blaming himself not his players.

Not sure what else is out there for us, but no way Hornacek survives this season. Losing is one thing, but playing this undisciplined and sloppy during the regular season would be a death sentence for any coach.

Kiyaman

Legend
Not sure what else is out there for us, but no way Hornacek survives this season. Losing is one thing, but playing this undisciplined and sloppy during the regular season would be a death sentence for any coach.

Hornacek is a coach ???

tiger0330

Legend
I have no idea why Baker is a coaches favorite. Guy can't shoot, his misses are no where near the basket. Hustle only goes so far, you got to put the ball in the basket at least as well as Tony Allen.

dk7th

Benchwarmer
Kanter and Beasley are strictly junior varsity players. Lousy defenders and black holes. For context as far as RPM last year Beasley in 16.7 minutes was a -2.31, a negative on both offense and defense. Kanter in 21.3 minutes was a -.68, where he was .56 on offense and of course horrible on defense.

Why must Hornacek start these guys tonight? They're surely not going to start and Beasley cannot be part of the rotation at all.

tiger0330

Legend
Kanter and Beasley are strictly junior varsity players. Lousy defenders and black holes. For context as far as RPM last year Beasley in 16.7 minutes was a -2.31, a negative on both offense and defense. Kanter in 21.3 minutes was a -.68, where he was .56 on offense and of course horrible on defense.

Why must Hornacek start these guys tonight? They're surely not going to start and Beasley cannot be part of the rotation at all.
Horn likes the combo of Kanter and KP. Kanter has great 36min numbers and I listened to a Locked on Knicks podcast making the case for Kanter as the starter over WHG based on win shares. Dougie really having a good game, so he may that big SF that we need instead of Beas.

Kiyaman

Legend
Horn likes the combo of Kanter and KP. Kanter has great 36min numbers and I listened to a Locked on Knicks podcast making the case for Kanter as the starter over WHG based on win shares. Dougie really having a good game, so he may that big SF that we need instead of Beas.

Kanter n KP .. who gonna grab rebounds THJ