Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder 8:00 10/19/2017 [Game #1]

Broadway

All Star
Starting PG doesn’t guard other starting PG and instead gets hidden guarding who? The 2 guard Belinelli? Well, Belinelli had 20 points. Who did DSJ guard? The SF Bazemore? Did they sub him out on defensive possessions? Hawks had a 117 points. DSJ is a below average defender who is small and can’t guard Schroeder. What starting PG can he guard? Sessions?

Yeah, let’s add another bad defender to this team. We can scheme to hide a bad defensive PG, a bad defensive SG, a bad defensive PF, and a bad defensive C. Just so long as our starting SF is goddamn Dr. Octopus we’ll be just fine.

You didn't watch the game that much is obvious. But maybe for last night's game it could've been playing flanked with Ferrell/Berrea who are barely 6'0" may have possibly been a reason the team was challenged as a whole. I argue again not about size overall though based on Mavs history of how they play.

You're talking as if DSJ is the shortest player on their team or only short player they have!

It didn't matter who Dalls through at Schoeder(which speaks more about his growth than any other player's deficiency). Every player had their oppo and failed(Barnes/Matthews/Harris/Berrea/Ferrell)

Broadway

All Star
20 pt OKC lead and 21 tos by the Knicks end of the 3rd. Where is WHG and why isn't Frank getting more minutes. I heard Perry was traveling with the team, I hope hes all over Horn to play 2 guys Mills talked about as the future of this franchise.

We're not going to be good, so play our youth and play to our offensive strengths. It's real simple. If I was WHG after the second half season I had last yr...I'd be pissed I'm not getting crazy burn and starting.

Kanter has played a bench role in OKC and Utah, not sure why he can't play it here.

You didn't watch the game that much is obvious. But maybe for last night's game it could've been playing flanked with Ferrell/Berrea who are barely 6'0" may have possibly been a reason the team was challenged as a whole. I argue again not about size overall though based on Mavs history of how they play.

You're talking as if DSJ is the shortest player on their team or only short player they have!

It didn't matter who Dalls through at Schoeder(which speaks more about his growth than any other player's deficiency). Every player had their oppo and failed(Barnes/Matthews/Harris/Berrea/Ferrell)

Hey, Columbo, when did I ever say I watched the game? I am asking you who did the starting PG for the Mavs defend? The answer by how much you are taking the conversation in other directions tells me that they hid DSJ so deep on defense with frequent switching that you can?t even tell who he was guarding. We play that defense too. Switch and switch and switch until all your bad defensive players have gotten a chance to whiff at the guy with the ball before he scores.

DSJ is a super talented offensive player. Known fact. 16 points and 10 assists and they lost by 6 because their defense is so bad Atlanta led by Schroeder and Bellinelli hung 117 on them.

KP has 27 points and 10 rebounds with over 7 minutes to play. Are you happy? I?m not. Wins, not stats. We just finished an era of a scoring dynamo who is a defensive liability.

Broadway

All Star
#kporzee is showing stronger pulse as the game went on. Statistically not bad at all for Game 1. I don't see great depth in his game but he's trying...more efficient than Melo/George

and1

Rotation player
TOs and way too many missed FTs are a big part of what's making this so embarrassing.
obviously the thunder are the more talented team, but this game could be a lot closer if we weren't so sloppy and missing opportunities for easy points.

Broadway

All Star
Hey, Columbo, when did I ever say I watched the game? I am asking you who did the starting PG for the Mavs defend? The answer by how much you are taking the conversation in other directions tells me that they hid DSJ so deep on defense with frequent switching that you can’t even tell who he was guarding. We play that defense too. Switch and switch and switch until all your bad defensive players have gotten a chance to whiff at the guy with the ball before he scores.

DSJ is a super talented offensive player. Known fact. 16 points and 10 assists and they lost by 6 because their defense is so bad Atlanta led by Schroeder and Bellinelli hung 117 on them.

KP has 27 points and 10 rebounds with over 7 minutes to play. Are you happy? I’m not. Wins, not stats. We just finished an era of a scoring dynamo who is a defensive liability.

I never said I was happy with his stats. I clearly stated what impressed me about DSJ. I think the stats is what must have set you off knowing our guy clearly isn't ready to play. Because if Knits was as in (if DSJ could defend better) he'd be playing. I admitted early defense could be his weakness

With that said while it is his job to defend and it may take some time for him to understand how to guard guys keep it real...so many pgs put up gaudy numbers in this league which tells you what?

No one is doing any quality defending whether they go straight up or with schemes.

Russ has a triple double and his team blew us out by 20 but they they didn't look good, it was a sloppy performance by him included. So with stats and with W doesn't always add up either.

#kporzee was volume with some effort, probably what we'll see a lot of this yr.

Great, just great. 2 members of our young core 4 have been designated for garbage time only. Fitting for this franchise.

and1

Rotation player
so i guess nitty and willy will be our garbage time players this season?
i dont know guys, i think horns should think about playing willy as a 4 alongside kanter off the bench. they may get in each other's way a bit, but then again they may not. i think it's worth a try.

I never said I was happy with his stats. I clearly stated what impressed me about DSJ. I think the stats is what must have set you off knowing our guy clearly isn't ready to play. Because if Knits was as in (if DSJ could defend better) he'd be playing. I admitted early defense could be his weakness

With that said while it is his job to defend and it may take some time for him to understand how to guard guys keep it real...so many pgs put up gaudy numbers in this league guess which tells you what?

No one is doing any quality defending whether they go straight up or with schemes.

Russ has a triple double and his team blew us out by 20 but they they didn't look good, it was a sloppy performance by him included. So with stats and with W doesn't always add up either.

Plenty of top defenders in the league. Draymond Green, Chris Paul, Rudy Gobert, Kawhi Leonard, Tony Allen. Those guys change everything for their team on defense and that sparks the offense.

Our team is so bad defensively. Maybe we should have gone Donovan Mitchell instead of Ntilikina. I?ve had my fill of guys attacking the hoop and racking up stats while they shrug their shoulders at the other end of the court. KP goes 31 and 12 tonight. Snore. Our defense was pathetic.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 18

Broadway

All Star
Plenty of top defenders in the league. Draymond Green, Chris Paul, Rudy Gobert, Kawhi Leonard, Tony Allen. Those guys change everything for their team on defense and that sparks the offense.

Our team is so bad defensively. Maybe we should have gone Donovan Mitchell instead of Ntilikina. I’ve had my fill of guys attacking the hoop and racking up stats while they shrug their shoulders at the other end of the court. KP goes 31 and 12 tonight. Snore. Our defense was pathetic.

I shouldn't have said "no one" but when stated it I was implying from pg's. But I stand corrected based on what I typed. Mitchell was #2 for me of gettables from the 4 prime choices. He's going to cause hell in this league on both ends. I was even for Frank Mason in a trade down multiple pick scenario. Listen I agree I want two-way players but they are really hard to come by. There might be 20 in this league and that's a stretch.

Getting back to the Knicks I want to see a starting lineup of

Baker
Doug
THJR
#kporzee
WHG

I can't get serious about our situation going forward if we can't go this route, this tells me we will sellout youth if given first crack to deviate

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, OKC is scheming that way to hide Melo?s awful defense. Mavs are going to spend the whole season scheming to hide Dirk in the middle and to hide DSJ at the point. That?s going to have to be some great scheming. DSJ went 16 and 10 and they lost because their defense was bad in the final minutes. It?s not about the stats. It?s about the wins.

All 4 of Grants fouls he gave to KP .. Grant played 21 minute .. Melo played awful on Defense plus grabbed 1 rebound .. covering for Melo on D will be hard for OKC throughout the season.

and1

Rotation player
I shouldn't have said "no one" but when stated it I was implying from pg's. But I stand corrected based on what I typed. Mitchell was #2 for me of gettables from the 4 prime choices. He's going to cause hell in this league on both ends. I was even for Frank Mason in a trade down multiple pick scenario. Listen I agree I want two-way players but they are really hard to come by. There might be 20 in this league and that's a stretch.

Baker
Doug
THJR
#kporzee
WHG

I can't get serious about our situation going forward if we can't go this route, this tells me we will sellout youth if given first crack to deviate

that lineup is probably what we're going to see later in the season. horns is probably going to go a bit more veteran (sessions and lee) for the first 20-30 games. that's just a hunch, but i wouldn't be surprised if we see more youth in the starting lineup come the mid to end of december.
if the knicks are planning to let kanter walk this summer, or are throwing him out there as trade-bait, they better let willy know straight up so things don't get weird quick.

in other news: knicks sign isaiah hicks to a 2 way contract.

Kiyaman

Legend

Baker
Doug
THJR
#kporzee
WHG

After tonight .. I dont want to see Baker in a Knick uniform ever again, not even as a fan!
I would have rather Frank warmed up to NBA b.ball for 24 minute playing time tonight.

Mills n Perry need to be searching for a new head-coach first thing in the mourning.
Coach Hornacek DISS WHG by only letting WHG receive 3 minute of playing time during the final minute of the game!!!