Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics 7:30 10/24/2017 [Game #3]

and1

Rotation player
Hypothetical question with KP looking like he might be a franchise type player. If Boston swapped this years firsts with us and included Brown and next years Nets first for KP would you do that deal with the benefit of hindsight.

are you saying right now? or if we were to turn back the clock to the summer?
actually it doesn't matter, because honestly at this point i'm not sure what i would do.

tiger0330

Legend
if the knicks actually want to try and win some games this season, they should seriously consider bringing kanter off the bench. even if he ends up playing more minutes than whoever is starting at the 5 and possibly even being on the floor at the end of the game, he can keep offense productive for the 2nd unit for the majority of their time on the floor. that's just my take.
It sure isn't working, we've not won a game all year. Hornacek needs to make some kind of lineup adj. I'm for benching Hardaway.

tiger0330

Legend
so who's the SF? mcbuckets? beasley?
Anyone of LT Dougie or Beas. Beas has been a good second unit guy the past couple of seasons which is why he talks smack, not sure if its because hes a rhythm player that needs more minutes or the Knicks surrounding cast just makes him look bad but he's been meh so far.

and1

Rotation player
Anyone of LT Dougie or Beas. Beas has been a good second unit guy the past couple of seasons which is why he talks smack, bot sure if its because hes a rhythm player that needs more minutes or the Knicks surrounding cast just makes him look bad.

i'd give it a try. what do we have to lose? maybe that would help timmy wake up a bit. and if he wakes up with kanter coming off the bench with him, that could make for some nice firepower for our 2nd unit.
meanwhile, 5-25 between KP and timmy. and the only knick in the plus column was dotson haha.

and1

Rotation player
lol almost caught a heart attack just now when i thought i saw bargnani on the floor for the blazers.
turned out to be nurkic :teeth:

Broadway

All Star
Hypothetical question with KP looking like he might be a franchise type player. If Boston swapped this years firsts with us and included Brown and next years Nets first for KP would you do that deal with the benefit of hindsight.

Brown/Tatum/#1(Porter/Doncic/Bagley)
Brown/Fox/#1(Porter/Doncic/Bagley)
Brown/DSJ/#1(Porter/Doncic/Bagley)

for

#kporzee/Knits is a no brainer

Tonight Kanter looked like a franchise player not #kporzee. Going back to the days leading up to the draft one thing I knew is that Kings wanted Fox at all cost so we could've flipped that 1st for #5 and #10(which was traded for #15 and #20). Probably would've asked for Rozier too

So once again I say yes 10 days out of a 7 day week

Kiyaman

Legend
There's nothing positive to say bout this game .. our head coach not preparing a 2nd unit lineup of bench players as a plan B lineup when our starters get off to a bad start by giving up a 10 point lead the first 6 minutes in the game. All our bench players in the many mixed-up lineups played a one on one offense throughout the 2nd half of the game .. none of the Knicks lineups Horn put on the court were on the same-page with each other vs the Celtricks .. all our forwards played like guards while Boston Jaylen Brown bumb-bodies physically to every Knick player in the lineup.
Boston rookie Tatum performed like the Knicks were a bunch of High school ballers.
Our Knicks substitution stunk .. Willy gave us the look like the coach just put us out on the court without a plan.

tiger0330

Legend
Brown/Tatum/#1(Porter/Doncic/Bagley)
Brown/Fox/#1(Porter/Doncic/Bagley)
Brown/DSJ/#1(Porter/Doncic/Bagley)

for

#kporzee/Knits is a no brainer

Tonight Kanter looked like a franchise player not #kporzee. Going back to the days leading up to the draft one thing I knew is that Kings wanted Fox at all cost so we could've flipped that 1st for #5 and #10(which was traded for #15 and #20). Probably would've asked for Rozier too

So once again I say yes 10 days out of a 7 day week

Celts never made the offer IIRC that's what the rumors were back then. I was just thinking Brown and Tatum sure looked good together and we would have 2 firsts this year, though the Nets pick might not net you the number 1 this year but our pick might.

Broadway

All Star
Once again if Hornacek can't start these guys

pg=Baker
g=THJR
sf=McDermott
pf=#kporzee
c=WHG

Then maybe just maybe he can be the next coach to get fired

Kiyaman

Legend

Hypothetical yes .. when has KP ever looked like a franchise player .. KP value is still a early 2nd round pick because of his disappearing-act in the mid-season the last two seasons.

Broadway

All Star
Celts never made the offer IIRC that's what the rumors were back then. I was just thinking Brown and Tatum sure looked good together and we would have 2 firsts this year, though the Nets pick might not net you the number 1 this year but our pick might.

Celtics supposedly didn't get serious because Phil Jackson supposedly was never serious about trading #kporzee. What we do know Ainge made 2 trades this summer which goes to show he's game when you come correct as an executive and not *****foot

Broadway

All Star
Hypothetical yes .. when has KP ever looked like a franchise player .. KP value is still a early 2nd round pick because of his disappearing-act in the mid-season the last two seasons.

Not true, I understand he's not your cup of tea and he's not really mine either but let's be "reasonable" here. #kporzee has really good(nt great) value but that could change if we're not careful.

Kiyaman

Legend
Not true, I understand he's not your cup of tea and he's not really mine either but let's be "reasonable" here. #kporzee has really good(nt great) value but that could change if we're not careful.

All im saying is Phil Jackson comment on KP missing the final meeting left a long week window open (KP on trade-table) till draft night receiving no offers from any team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Celtics supposedly didn't get serious because Phil Jackson supposedly was never serious about trading #kporzee. What we do know Ainge made 2 trades this summer which goes to show he's game when you come correct as an executive and not *****foot

Ainge had his off-season plans already set during the time Boston were in the ECF .. Each move Ainge made during the start of the offseason seem like it was already set to do .. from trading the first pick to select one of the top point-forwards in the draft - Jayson Tatum, to giving up a super high FA offer-sheet to a legit 2-way forward to star at both forwards position in the free-agent market -Gordon Hayward

Ainge never had any interest in Melo or KP !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Once again if Hornacek can't start these guys

pg=Baker
g=THJR
sf=McDermott
pf=#kporzee
c=WHG

Then maybe just maybe he can be the next coach to get fired

That has to be the 2nd unit bench lineup .. Right?

Knicks starters should be ..
PG-Session, SG-Lee, SF-Beasley, F/C-Quinn, F/C-Noah (or Kanter the first 12 games).
Backup unit ..
PG-Jack, SG-THJ, SF-Mcderm, PF-KP, F/C-WHG

At the start of the season all the lineups coach Horn put on the court were weak small-ball lineups that got BLOWN-OUT by Knicks opponents getting physical plus Horn love substituting a no IQ PG Baker in n out of lineups.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Kanter did a very good work in the paint, why didn't we keep feeding him and KP inside? if both played in the paint I think it would be much better than shooting all these bricks. do THJ has problem feeding KP? many times he was asking for the ball but THJ just ignored him....
we have two disasters in the PG position, Sessions and Baker can't be more awful, they can't pass well, they can't even keep the ball.... Frank needs couple of years to be a good point guard (if) so what is the answer now? if you don't have a good PG the whole team will look lost like today....