Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 7:00 10/29/2017 [Game #5]

mafra

Legend
Only 12 turnover for NYK. We're pushing the ball and getting some easy buckets.

The win hurts our lottery odds but that won't matter if this team decides to win 40+ games.

KP with 32 & 12, and looking like a franchise stud.

THJr proving he could be a Robyn to KP. 34 with 8 assist.

Ntikilina flashed that potential again.

Kanter with a double-double.

Jack with 9 assists.

C-Lee with a 15-10-3 line.

Not sure why MB and WHG were DNP-CD.

Three minutes left.... maybe Lebron so impressed with NYK young team he decides to come to NY next summer. Lol.

mafra

Legend
Imagine how we'd feel about this team if they didn't blow their home opener.

I'm not off the tank bandwagon.... I feel 1 more lottery stud is the final foundation piece for our potential title run....

But I won't complain if THJr and KP refuse to lose and win a bunch of games.

tiger0330

Legend
A lot of heroes but KP with the game ball. 2 critical 3s when the Cavs had cut the lead to 6. Timmy breaks his slump, Clee with a double double and a couple of key shots, Kanter 18/12.

mafra

Legend
KP closed the game. And even tho it almost felt like a quiet game.... He was the best player on the floor tonight. A confidence boost for him to sley his Lebron demon.

I was most impressed with the fact KP rebounded the ball and THJr was setting up others.

If Timmy plays like this more often than not, we won't be in a position to lock down a top 3 pick. Is that a good thing or bad? Well, it depends on if Timmy lives up to his contract...

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 37

Broadway

All Star
Knits came in and disrupted Wade right away and they didn't even figure out how to attack him. I had a feeling Cavs were not going to recover after that

tiger0330

Legend
Hard to believe because he's been in the league forever but this was CLee's first career double/double. If Timmy was only able to break his 36ppg high it would have been quite a night.

and1

Rotation player
good morning timmy! it's nice to see you again! 8 dimes, thank you very much. it seemed like him and lee-for-3 had some good chemistry out there tonight, didn't it?
out TOs are down, we're destroying opponents on the boards AND we're actually getting fast break points. oh yeah, and then there's that thing called defense. that is a recipe for winning games.
let's see how we look tomorrow night. hopefully we won't be too tired. hopefully timmy will still be feeling the fire. he played a lot of minutes tonight.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
We played like what we should play, we have twin towers and we used them to out advantage. they are very good, I always wondered why allowing other teams to force the small ball when we can take advantage of the inside scoring and rebounding..... THJ for 25+ tomorrow?

and1

Rotation player
We played like what we should play, we have twin towers and we used them to out advantage. they are very good, I always wondered why allowing other teams to force the small ball when we can take advantage of the inside scoring and rebounding..... THJ for 25+ tomorrow?

he's going to be a bit tired. he played a lot of minutes last night. i'll be interested to see if horn gives a lot of minutes to some other guys - mcbuckets, beas, willy and nitty - if some of our starters look a little gassed. if he does, it'd be nice if they showed up and played big. they're up against the rockets on wednesday. i'm sure horn would like it very much if he can give some of the guys - KP, timmy and kanter especially - a little bit of a rest or at least a low amount of minutes.

jimkcchief88

All Star
That?s funny I was trying to figure a way to see the game and then gave up figuring we would get blown out. THjr finally made an appearance and I think the Cavs are having some growing pains with so many new starters. Great team win though damn that tank!!!

Kiyaman

Legend

Knicks 9 Man rotation were remarkable outstanding last night vs the what happen Lebron Cavs team.

Jack is back! He had a tough 2 years as far as injuries are concern.
Funny thing...before he got hurt with the Nets, he was having his best assist year ever...
Always came across as more of a shooting PG, but he was facilitating then, and has been doing it the last two games for us.

KP performance throughout the game, especially in the 4th qtr. gets my praise for stepping up in the 2nd half of the game for the win. Phil once said the best game KP played was when he didnt shoot any 3's .. good point!
KP played in 138 games and only scored 30 pts in 3 games out of the 138 games .. This season KP scored 30 pts in 4 games out of 5 games .. REMARKABLE !!!