Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 15

tiger0330

Legend
#kporzee is proving the naysayers(muah) wrong to start, even someone such as Clyde who had doubts. What I like about his game he actually must have listened to some of Phil's advice and laid off the stupid 3s and he's doing damage in the mid-range area. Kanter does work even closer. NOT EVERYONE HAS TO SHOOT 3s

Career High for #kporzee too, gotta give props where due :aplause: :aplause: :aplause:
He was 4-7 so he still takes them. I think he should still take them but I think he's found a nice balance, scary to think he can still get better.

He can improve his ft%, 3pt% and really get a post game.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
He was 4-7 so he still takes them. I think he should still take them but I think he's found a nice balance, scary to think he can still get better.

He can improve his ft%, 3pt% and really get a post game.

I don't expect him to not take 3s but he's taking 8 more FGA/gm while attempting approximately the same amount of 3s as last yr. My focus was on the "stupid 3s". I think I counted 1 tonight(which he made) and he may have chucked a couple more on the yr but these are down.

His focus is clearly operating within the arc this yr, because ultimately it's just as high % especially when you're 7' 3". Took 26fga...7 were 3 I can tolerate at this volume. If he wants to get to the line more(which he does and has spoken about it) then he'll have to keep bringing his game inside.

tiger0330

Legend
I haven't heard this in the post-game but does anyone know when we last won a back to back.

But I did hear this is our first win against the Nugs since 2014. So that's 2 teams that have had our number for 3 years and we beat them. That is promising.

and1

Rotation player
this was a scary one. they had my blood pressure going up deep into that 3rd quarter haha, but i kind of figured that was going to happen at some point. a lot of that mess was on account of sloppiness and waaaaay too many TOs. that can get cleaned up. good to see they kept their composure and refused to lose.
timmy damn sure picked a good time to start knocking them down!
i'm starting to believe in jack. i hope he stays healthy because his assists are going up with every game. saw some nice hustle from dotson too.
and how about the Q with 5 blocks 12 rebounds in 20 minutes. beastin'!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I still can't believe these are the same Knicks that went 0-8 including preseason. Amazing how a small change at the PG can turn things upside down. I've only watched the Cavs game and i can't wait to see last night's game after i'm done with the work at the office but i'm definitely getting the team pass now.

mafra

Legend
PG is so important.... like a SP in baseball and QB in football. He sets the tone.... Jack is dishing and swishing when necessary.

The team is efforting on defense and really playing for one another. Getting dependable play from PG and removing the Melo-centric vibe from the locker room has truly galvanized this group.

You saw them huddle afterwards. This is a team fighting for 1 another. We run 3 deep at most spots....

And.... most importantly.... KP
Not playing like an all star.... he balling like an mVP candidate. My goodness....

I liked what i saw From Dotson tonight too.

mafra

Legend
Porzingis scores 38, Knicks win 3rd straight

Kristaps Porzingis scored a career-high 38 points in Monday's 116-110 win over the Nuggets.
Don't look now, but the Knicks are 3-3 after their third straight win. KP was virtually unstoppable tonight, hitting 14-of-26 shots and 6-of-6 free throws with seven rebounds, two assists, three blocks and four 3-pointers in one of the best lines of the season. He's the first player aged 22 or younger to score 30+ points in five of the first six games of a season since 1979, so it's safe to say he's handling the pressuring of being the focal point of the offense well.

Source: Tommy Beer on Twitter Oct 30 - 10:39 PM

tiger0330

Legend
I haven't heard this in the post-game but does anyone know when we last won a back to back.

But I did hear this is our first win against the Nugs since 2014. So that's 2 teams that have had our number for 3 years and we beat them. That is promising.
Evan Fournier said winning the 2nd game of a back to back is the hardest thing to do in bball. Congrats to the team for doing it.

tiger0330

Legend
I still can't believe these are the same Knicks that went 0-8 including preseason. Amazing how a small change at the PG can turn things upside down. I've only watched the Cavs game and i can't wait to see last night's game after i'm done with the work at the office but i'm definitely getting the team pass now.
Hard to figure for sure. Last year we had a former MVP who by his numbers had a good year and couldn't win. This year put a 34 yr old journeyman coming off a knee injury at the position and we look like the Warriors. It's a few games and I said in that other thread that last year up until Xmas we looked like we could make the playoffs before they collapsed so I'm not completely sold on this Jarrett Jack is the answer.

I do recall Linsanity and how he turned around the Knicks season and how exciting it was to watch that team. The last few games to me rival that, this is a fun team to watch. KP emerging as a star overnight, playing defense, 3 game win streak and playoff possibilities with the way we're playing. You have to be excited as a Knicks fan.

Broadway

All Star
Hard to figure for sure. Last year we had a former MVP who by his numbers had a good year and couldn't win. This year put a 34 yr old journeyman coming off a knee injury at the position and we look like the Warriors. It's a few games and I said in that other thread that last year up until Xmas we looked like we could make the playoffs before they collapsed so I'm not completely sold on this Jarrett Jack is the answer.

I do recall Linsanity and how he turned around the Knicks season and how exciting it was to watch that team. The last few games to me rival that, this is a fun team to watch. KP emerging as a star overnight, playing defense, 3 game win streak and playoff possibilities with the way we're playing. You have to be excited as a Knicks fan.

Amar'e, Nate, Curry, Craford, had similar 10-15gm stretch of play and I think we won(played competitively) during those moments but can't recall anyone in a very long time starting off like this

mafra

Legend
As NYK fans... we know to tap the breaks and keep expectations low. Like Clyde said last night, let's see if KPncan sustain this level of play....

We need him to be playing like this in Jan, and Feb, and March.

He apprlears to be taking that leap.... been a beast in 5/6 games. already has more 30+ This season than he did his first 2 years combined.

But, like Dirk, year 3 is looking to be that year KP explodes and becomes the stud we all hoped he would become.

mafra

Legend
That?s about when Porzingis caught Courtney Lee?s alley-oop and sent MSG into a frenzy.

?I feel like I threw it a little too high, but then I saw who I was throwing it too,? Lee said. ?And he stuck his arm out like Inspector Gadget and he got it.?

?Unicorn.? ?KP6.? ?Godzingis.? ?Inspector Gadget.? Porzingis had a different nickname being shouted Monday from the Garden crowd: ?M-V-P.?