Interesting Overlooked Statistic

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think that stat is a little misleading because Frank is only playing 17 minutes a game. As Grand Moff Tarkin says:?You better be right Lord Vader?

I think that stat is a little misleading because Frank is only playing 17 minutes a game. As Grand Moff Tarkin says:?You better be right Lord Vader?

Ntilikina is in the top 20 for steals per game and he is only the guy in the top 45 who has played less than 20 minutes per game. So, there?s also that way of looking at it.

tiger0330

Legend
I liked Broadways list below. Pretty fair ranking of the rookies, he has Frank rated pretty low. the number along side is the mpg they've played and Frank only has played more than TJ Leaf. I said this in previous posts, Horn should stop babying the kid, throw him in the water and see if he can swim. It's not like SAC who has George Hill and Fox has to be the backup but he still gets 27 minutes. Frank has to be better than 17 mins backing up 2 30 yr old journeyman.

Simmons 35
Markannen 33
Tatum 32
Mitchell 25
Kuzma 28
DSJ 28
Fox 27
Ball 33
Brooks 29
Leaf 15
Bell 9
Jackson 24
Monk 21
Jackson 17
Knits 17
Isaac 19
Fultz 19

and1

Rotation player
if it ain't broke, don't break it.
the starting unit is running really nice with jack. increase frank's minutes game by game as he develops and progresses further. eventually he will be our starting PG. what's the rush? we have 74 games to go for the season. plus, there is the very realistic chance that jack will have some kind of nagging injury at some point this season that will have missing a few games here and there. coach made the right call by inserting jack into the starting lineup and he's tightening up the rotation. let's see how things shake out.

mafra

Legend
Long way to go for Ntikilina. Nothing I've seen so far makes me feel
Good about passing on Monk, Mitchell, and DSJ.

Still not sure why everyone is so in love with DSJ and Monk. Not sure people really have been paying attention to how bad they have both been.

Over the last 4 games, DSJ?s assist to turnover ratio is 8 assists to 18 turnovers. That?s unbelievably bad for a PG.

Monk is shooting 34% for the season and shooting is all he does.

Ntilikina?s defense and passing are legit. If he was getting the regular minutes the other guys are getting, it would be a more fair comparison.

mafra

Legend
Training wells came off tonight, folks.

10 point points, 7 assists, 3 steals, 2 rebounds. Played the entire 4th quarter and orchestrated a comeback from 19 points!

He hit big 3s and made a clutch steal.

We finally saw a quality game, resulting in a win, b/c of this kid's performance.

Monk, DSJ, and Mitchell may be more advanced scorers right now....

But I agree.... Neither of those 3 is running this offense and playing defense like the kid.

Kiyaman

Legend

When coach Hornacek took Session n Baker out of the rotation to replace them with Jack n Frank the Knicks took a 360 degree turn to go on a 7-2 winning streak .. what part of this did u miss?
Jack has become our Starter PG, and rookie Frank has become our Finisher PG ..
Hint: The Knicks had a 54 win season when HOF Jason Kidd played all the minutes in the 4th quarter of each game.
I like DSJ n Monk raw athletic skills .. but we have 2/3 rds of their raw skills in our 2nd pick Dotson or u have not notice that too.
Frank length on both sides of the court, plus high IQ in B.ball, creative-passing, and all-around defensive-skills are something I only seen from 3 young players .. 76ers Simmons, Celtrics Tatum and 2nd season Jaylen Brown.