Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets 7:30 11/7/2017 [Game #10]

tiger0330

Legend
Here we go one pt lead. 35 secs left Knicks have the ball, KP drives the ball and lays it up. 3 pt lead 11 secs left. CHA needs a 3 to tie it. They have all there shooters on the floor. Monk takes a 3 from the top and misses. Kemba gets the long rebound but LT forces Kemba to turn it over out of bounds. 1 second left CHA needs a miracle.

tiger0330

Legend
Come from behind win, heroes of this game. KP the closer, dougie with a season high 20 pts. Lance forcing that last second TO. Great win, this is not the Knicks of the past. They're developing this we are not losing this game attitude at least at home.

tiger0330

Legend
Last year KP last catches the ball 18 ft from the rim and he runs out to the 3 pt line to take a 3. This year he catches the ball at the 3 pt line and he drives the lane if he sees an opening. Thats the biggest change in his game that I see.

tiger0330

Legend
45 pts from the bench. Quinn had a great all around game, passing 6-9 shooting, blocking shots. Trade him no way.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 18

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Another exciting game and great win. The last two wins have been crazy. Amazing what Porzingis and others have been doing.

mafra

Legend
KP drives down lane and swishes the finger roll.... who didn't think of Ewing missing that same shot vs Indy in the playoffs?

That, right there folks, is why KP is a unicorn. As Benard King said, it's hard to fathom how 1 guy can protect the rim and swish 3s.

Twice tonight, as shot clock was expiring, KP calmly created space and penetrates and made a bucket. S-P-E-C-I-A-L!!!

He only had 28 points but that's bc Horn didn't put him back into the game until 3 minutes left.

Everybody contributed. KOQ, LT, and McDermott were outstanding. Lee couldn't hit a shot but he set up others. THJr was 4-8 from FT line in first half, and 1-6 from downtown at 1 point.... but he responded late.

Jack did his thing and Kanter certainly efforted out there.

Once again, poor defense for 3 quarters then they went into lockdown mode. This has got to change. But it's nice to see we are closing games.... and aren't 1-dimensional.

Bang šŸ’„ goes KP! Take that NBA.

We stole 2 wins at home and gave 1 away. 6-1 at home.

KP didn't pout sitting on the bench. He cheered others on, then hit his shots when called upon.

Great rebound by LT to save game! Williams and Howard were battling but he got it...

Dougie with a narly dunk and a 4-point play. KOQ with a vicious dunk. LT knocking down 3s... beautiful.

French prince struggled to score but he played solid defense (checking Walker). He got the assist when KP went Wyatt Earp on CHA.

Why didn't we foul at the end? It almost cost us.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
KP is solid and getting better day by day, I thought he was little soft with Howard trying to sell the fouls, but that went well anyway. Tim needs to be more consistent. I am just worried that Noah's return will break the chemistry in some way, especially if we will see less time for the Q who is really a big part of the current spirit we are playing with.

and1

Rotation player
mcBuckeeeeeeeeeeeets hahaha.
glad this dude had a big game for us. am i imagining things or is he actually playing decent defense for us?
him and Q and LT are turning out to be solid 2nd unit guys for us as frank continues to develop. there ain't no way in hell we should trade the Q.
once again coach gives extended minutes to guys who had it going hot. if that's any indication of how he's going to handle noah's return, there's a really good chance he won't be seeing a whole lot of minutes for a while.
early in the season we're seeing evidence that these dudes just refuse to die. that's fun.

mafra

Legend
With KOQ and Kanter, there's no room for Noah. Heck, WHG can't even get on the court. Gonna be a tough call for Horny.

mafra

Legend
1 sour note tonight: THJr had 0 assists and KP had 1. Yikes. Come on guys... feed others sometimes.

mafra

Legend
Porzingis, named Monday as the Eastern Conference player of the week, still set the franchise record for the most points through 10 games of a season with an even 300, breaking the previous mark of 298 by Bernard King, who was in attendance, in 1984-85.

D?j? vu, all over again. Just like Sunday.

?Very similar, very similar situation,? Porzingis said. ?Again it was just the good energy. We locked in defensively, we were putting a lot of pressure on them and it went our way again. But we cannot always do this ? I think we should try to do a better job from the beginning.

?But you can tell these last couple of games we?re playing our hearts out out there on the floor and that?s what I love about this team. We have a great atmosphere inside of the team and that shows on the court. We stay together throughout the game, we don?t ever give up and then we were able to win those close games.?

And they did. Even with a ?subpar? Porzingis. Yup, he scored 28 and was ?subpar.? He started off like a true monster. He scored 15 points in the first quarter, 13 of those in the first 6:10.

?He?s the thing you need if you want to be an elite team: an offensive superstar you can?t guard one-on-one,? Charlotte coach Steve Clifford said.

?It was a fight for me, actually, the whole game. I didn?t feel great today,? Porzingis said.

?McDermott was the difference in the game,? Clifford said.

Last edited:
10 games into the season and we?re tied for the 3rd best record in the Eastern Conference. Now the question starts to turn into can we do this for prolonged stretches? We were 16 - 13 last season, I think, before the wheels came off.

mafra

Legend
It was that determination to get to the basket that had head coach Jeff Hornacek astonished by his young star.

"That shot there was -- gosh -- just another sign of the greatness that he's becoming," Hornacek told Newsday's Anthony Rieber. "He didn't get panicked. He knew exactly what was on the shot clock. That's that internal clock. He probably glanced up and saw four seconds and said, 'I know I can get there in four seconds.'"

It may have not been the 40-point night Porzinigis had against the Pacers, but his clutch shots at the end gave the Knicks yet another hard-fought victory. Center Kyle O'Quinn, who was pumped up on the bench after Porzingis made the late three, knew the comeback was coming all along saying, "here we go again," but in the right frame of mind.

"But in a positive way," he said explaining the team's mindset. "Like we've been here before. We can do it again. Indiana was a great win. A lot of us felt that was one of the best team wins we've ever been a part of. It was one of mine. We weren't fazed going into the fourth today."

Porzingis may have been the man the team looked for to ice the victory, but it was an all-around team effort to battle back once again. That is why the Unicorn isn't placing the victory solely on his late magic.

"It's us playing as a team and playing defense," Porzingis said. "I think we have hard-working guys that want to win. You can tell these last couple games. We're playing our hearts out."

and1

Rotation player
In other knicks related news....
it's looking like hayes, burke and rathan-mayes are doing some work over in westchester.