New York Knicks - 2018 Draft

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Since the Knicks will be the number one seed this season, who do you want/think the Knicks will draft? Post videos and information of the players.

Last edited:
Wait, is the question who do I think the Knicks will draft with the 30th overall pick after they win the championship?

and1

Rotation player
they're going to draft this dude marbury out of china. i hear he's pretty good.

jimkcchief88

All Star
MPjr only has played 2 minutes and now is on the bench with ice on his hip???? Younger brother Jontay Porter has more tick so far

tiger0330

Legend
Unless KP has a season ending injury I'm going out on the limb and saying the Knicks will not be getting Porter or Bagley. Now I'll let you guys figure out who might be this year Kuzma or Mitchell.

mafra

Legend
I wonder what NYK will do if they stumble at some point before March. With KP's elbow, if he's planning on having the issue cleaned up.... might be prudent to shelve the Latvian come March (if we are under .500). The sooner he has the procedure the better...

Say they finish with 8th worst record.... maybe they still win lottery.

Anyway, there are a bunch of studs.... the 2 you mentioned and the Euro beast. The kid from Mich St.... that's 4 right there. Trier from
Arizona makes 5.

mafra

Legend
Marvin Bagley III had more points in his debut than any No. 1 recruit since the ESPN 100 rankings began in 2007.

jimkcchief88

All Star
How is Jontay? Is he in talks of being drafted?

Jontay is more the traditional big man not sure if he would declare for the NBA this year. Jontay came out of high school early to play one year with his brother at Missouri. My best friend works for the University Hospital so I will have some inside info on why MPjr only played two minutes last night.

Broadway

All Star
Marvin Bagley III had more points in his debut than any No. 1 recruit since the ESPN 100 rankings began in 2007.

He was very impressive, he's probably the best player in college hoops. Don't sleep on Ayton

I think this kid is going to be special and I'm usually not that high on Euro Prospects. We're going to regret winning 36-42gms

mafra

Legend
Tomorrow night Mich st plays duke. Probably about 4 lottery picks in this game.

Yeah, I would love to add this Euro kid. Perfect SF for us.

Problem is.... SAC and CHI are
Going to be so bad we probably don't have a shot at worst record even at 20 wins.

Not sure about the ping pong odds this upcoming draft? Does it matter if you are in the worst 1-4 records? Same odds? Maybe we get lucky and win it anyway.... Like how PHI jumped up.

Broadway

All Star
Tomorrow night Mich st plays duke. Probably about 4 lottery picks in this game.

Yeah, I would love to add this Euro kid. Perfect SF for us.

Problem is.... SAC and CHI are
Going to be so bad we probably don't have a shot at worst record even at 20 wins.

Not sure about the ping pong odds this upcoming draft? Does it matter if you are in the worst 1-4 records? Same odds? Maybe we get lucky and win it anyway.... Like how PHI jumped up.

We definitely want/need to be a Top 5 worst team, this is the last yr you hit a lick in the lottery. 2019 everything changes, I've spoke on this a few times since the summer

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-draft-lottery-reform-potential-ramifications

mafra

Legend
So things are the same this season.... We know the top 4 are pretty muck locked up already (Chi, ATL, DAL, Sac). I would say Lakers and Suns and Nets probably in the mix for worst top 5 too.

I think NYK in that next tier. With teams like Clippers and Heat... as teams that could be a playoff team or a top 10 pick.

Is it possible we hit a skid and bottom out at about 30-35 wins, and a few teams go on a run (say LAK and PHO and DAL)? Maybe....

I think we have an outside chance to finish 5th or 6th.... most likely, we end up around 7-12 range.... which means we need a little lottery Luck to jump up.

Good news is the Greek Freak was the 15th pick. Maybe we end up with a stud even in the 7-12 range.