New York Knicks - 2018 Draft

mafra

Legend
I don?t see how Mikhal would be the dream pick... 22-yrs-old, not physically gifted, can?t create his own offense, with questions about how his defense translates from college to pros? Geez... even if he was an elite 3-&-D guy (which he is far from)... this isn?t what GMs hope for in the lottery.

Look at Villanova?s schedule.... not exactly ACC level competition. Yes, he won 2 titles but this might be more b/c of system and coaching... I mean, sure... he got better this year and last but he?s also 3-4 years older than guys he?s playing against.

We already have a passive offensive player in Knits. Can we afford another wallflower?

I?ve soured on Mikhal bc I see more Lance Thomas than anything special.

In other words, a dream scenario should have a top 8 talent fall to 9.

Broadway

All Star
If I'm not mistaken I saw somewhere he's had little workout trail to be snuffed and some believe he's been given a promise. I think the team linked to him is Philly

Nope here is our answer, this ain't of the crap misdirection stuff that's been talked about last few days into mid last week

And with that being said, there must be something here with this kid if Masai is after him.

Kiyaman

Legend
My bad had to modify this, Carter was noted as a Clipper Dream target at pick #12

ESPN did a similar thing recently and has our dream scenario as Trae

~ Bleacher Report

~ Draft Express via ESPN

If the Knicks select PG Trae Young .. i hope its to trade on draft night !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I don’t see how Mikhal would be the dream pick... 22-yrs-old, not physically gifted, can’t create his own offense, with questions about how his defense translates from college to pros? Geez... even if he was an elite 3-&-D guy (which he is far from)... this isn’t what GMs hope for in the lottery.

Look at Villanova’s schedule.... not exactly ACC level competition. Yes, he won 2 titles but this might be more b/c of system and coaching... I mean, sure... he got better this year and last but he’s also 3-4 years older than guys he’s playing against.

We already have a passive offensive player in Knits. Can we afford another wallflower?

I’ve soured on Mikhal bc I see more Lance Thomas than anything special.

In other words, a dream scenario should have a top 8 talent fall to 9.

I like Mikal Bridges in this draft for so many reasons .. His 3 years in Vill got him phisical/mental NBA-Ready to play 82 games next season, plus his 2-Way skills would fit great as a Big Guard-SF in a lineup having Knits n Burke. I see Mikal Bridges rookie season as a SF being much-much better than Tim Hardaway Jr. performance in 2017-18 season.
I believe 80% of all NBA rookies performance depend on how well of a coaching-staff the team has ....
I'm not much of a Fan of Knicks new headcoach Fiz .. In the past decade the Miami Heat coaching-staff did a very bad job developing every rookie Pat Riley n Spoe drafted .. I guess that's why in 2010 the Miami Heat needed the BIG-3 plus Ray Allen/Mike Miller to get past the first round of the playoff.

If we do select Mikal .. and Mikal 3 yr back-court partner PG-Jalen Brunson are available at the 36th pick .. Grab him quickly! He has NBA starter PG potential! I would trade down the 36th pick n cash to get a late first-round pick to select Jalen Brunson.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I?ll be fine with mikhal if the top 8 are gone by our selection and we can?t really find a trade partner. He?s just not my ?dream? choice at 9.

mafra

Legend
The hype has hit overdrive for Kentucky freshman small forward Kevin Knox.

Kevin Knox Sr., Knox?s father and manager, told The Post he believes the Knicks are considering taking his son with the ninth pick in Thursday?s draft. According to an NBA source, Knox got the better of Michigan State?s Miles Bridges, another projected lottery pick, in their joint workout for the Knicks nine days ago.

?He had a terrific workout, even kicked around Miles Bridges, who is a couple of years older than him,?? said the NBA source.

Knox, a 6-foot-9 shotmaker and the second youngest player in the draft (he?ll turn 19 in August), has seen his draft stock rocket since private workouts began.

Contacted by The Post on Monday, Knox?s father, a former NFL wide receiver, said he senses the Knicks are serious, judging by a phone call he received from general manager Scott Perry a few days after that killer workout. Knox admitted Perry?s call partly revolved around his son?s youth and whether he would fit into a locker room with significantly older players.

Knox Sr., whose quarterback at Florida State was ex-Knick Charlie Ward, said he spoke to Perry for about 20 minutes.

?You never know, but I was thinking why would management call again to chat it up for 20 minutes about a potential client??? Knox Sr. said. ?We talked about the roster and what a perfect fit he could be. That?s what Scott and I talked out. Scott said he seems mature for his age.

?Maybe Scott was calling to make sure I wasn?t a Lavar [Ball],?? he added jokingly.

After the Knicks workout, the father called his son for feedback.

?He gave himself an A-minus,?? Knox Sr. said. ?He said he had a lot of energy, was bouncing off the walls. [Coach David] Fizdale came over and showed support. It was a three-on-three. I heard he got the better of Miles, knocked down shots, put it on the floor ? Paul George-ish.??

With suspect defense, Knox was originally seen, at best, as a late lottery pick because of his ?project?? status, but now there are rumblings he could go as high as No. 7 to Chicago.

?Listen, after the fifth pick, I?m not going to use the restroom anymore,?? Knox Sr. quipped.

Knox has worked out for every team selecting sixth through 12th. On Tuesday, he is headed back to the Sixers, who select 10th, but only to meet and have dinner with coach/GM Brett Brown before Knox heads to New York for the draft.

If point guard Trae Young or Duke center Wendell Carter aren?t available at No. 9, the Knicks could be faced with a sure-thing selection of Villanova small forward Mikal Bridges, 21, or the risk-reward pick of Knox.

On a conference call to promote ESPN?s draft coverage, Bobby Marks, a former Nets executive, said too much attention is paid to individual workouts and favoring 18-year-olds over 21-year-olds. Marks? contention is going with the more proven commodity even if two years older is fine. Bridges, a redshirt junior, was at Villanova for four years.

?I think you get into that tendency where everyone is looking for that 18- to 19-year-old kid that can be the next Giannis [Antetokounmpo], instead of maybe taking the next ? and I?m not saying Mikal Bridges is Draymond Green ? where you?re taking a player that has been in school, is maybe a little bit older where maybe the upside is not there,?? Marks said. ?I think that?s where you get in trouble a lot, when you start looking at an age. Maybe an older player that you bypassed based on ?you know what he is? instead of a Kevin Knox that maybe you think you do, but are projecting out.?

Knox said after a recent interview he feels he?s ?what the NBA wants ? a long guy who can really handle the ball and shoot the ball and make multiple decisions.??

Michael Porter Jr., doing a series of interviews to promote his new sponsorship deal, hinted on SiriusXM Radio he?s got a near guarantee from a club selecting high. If true, the Knicks could be out of the running. ?There?s some teams out there that really like me that are high up there,?? Porter Jr. said.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/18/kentucky-youngster-works-his-way-onto-knicks-draft-radar/

tiger0330

Legend
If I'm not mistaken I saw somewhere he's had little workout trail to be snuffed and some believe he's been given a promise. I think the team linked to him is Philly

The hype has hit overdrive for Kentucky freshman small forward Kevin Knox.

Kevin Knox Sr., Knox’s father and manager, told The Post he believes the Knicks are considering taking his son with the ninth pick in Thursday’s draft. According to an NBA source, Knox got the better of Michigan State’s Miles Bridges, another projected lottery pick, in their joint workout for the Knicks nine days ago.

“He had a terrific workout, even kicked around Miles Bridges, who is a couple of years older than him,’’ said the NBA source.

Knox, a 6-foot-9 shotmaker and the second youngest player in the draft (he’ll turn 19 in August), has seen his draft stock rocket since private workouts began.

Contacted by The Post on Monday, Knox’s father, a former NFL wide receiver, said he senses the Knicks are serious, judging by a phone call he received from general manager Scott Perry a few days after that killer workout. Knox admitted Perry’s call partly revolved around his son’s youth and whether he would fit into a locker room with significantly older players.

Knox Sr., whose quarterback at Florida State was ex-Knick Charlie Ward, said he spoke to Perry for about 20 minutes.

“You never know, but I was thinking why would management call again to chat it up for 20 minutes about a potential client?’’ Knox Sr. said. “We talked about the roster and what a perfect fit he could be. That’s what Scott and I talked out. Scott said he seems mature for his age.

“Maybe Scott was calling to make sure I wasn’t a Lavar [Ball],’’ he added jokingly.

After the Knicks workout, the father called his son for feedback.

“He gave himself an A-minus,’’ Knox Sr. said. “He said he had a lot of energy, was bouncing off the walls. [Coach David] Fizdale came over and showed support. It was a three-on-three. I heard he got the better of Miles, knocked down shots, put it on the floor — Paul George-ish.’’

With suspect defense, Knox was originally seen, at best, as a late lottery pick because of his “project’’ status, but now there are rumblings he could go as high as No. 7 to Chicago.

“Listen, after the fifth pick, I’m not going to use the restroom anymore,’’ Knox Sr. quipped.

Knox has worked out for every team selecting sixth through 12th. On Tuesday, he is headed back to the Sixers, who select 10th, but only to meet and have dinner with coach/GM Brett Brown before Knox heads to New York for the draft.

If point guard Trae Young or Duke center Wendell Carter aren’t available at No. 9, the Knicks could be faced with a sure-thing selection of Villanova small forward Mikal Bridges, 21, or the risk-reward pick of Knox.

On a conference call to promote ESPN’s draft coverage, Bobby Marks, a former Nets executive, said too much attention is paid to individual workouts and favoring 18-year-olds over 21-year-olds. Marks’ contention is going with the more proven commodity even if two years older is fine. Bridges, a redshirt junior, was at Villanova for four years.

“I think you get into that tendency where everyone is looking for that 18- to 19-year-old kid that can be the next Giannis [Antetokounmpo], instead of maybe taking the next — and I’m not saying Mikal Bridges is Draymond Green — where you’re taking a player that has been in school, is maybe a little bit older where maybe the upside is not there,’’ Marks said. “I think that’s where you get in trouble a lot, when you start looking at an age. Maybe an older player that you bypassed based on ‘you know what he is’ instead of a Kevin Knox that maybe you think you do, but are projecting out.”

Knox said after a recent interview he feels he’s “what the NBA wants — a long guy who can really handle the ball and shoot the ball and make multiple decisions.’’

Michael Porter Jr., doing a series of interviews to promote his new sponsorship deal, hinted on SiriusXM Radio he’s got a near guarantee from a club selecting high. If true, the Knicks could be out of the running. “There’s some teams out there that really like me that are high up there,’’ Porter Jr. said.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/18/kentucky-youngster-works-his-way-onto-knicks-draft-radar/
Sounds to me the Knicks are heading in the direction of going with the young gun with the most potential instead of the more seasoned older college player with the more limited upside. Would have loved to have seen Mikal and Knox in that 3 on 3 but Knox getting the best of Miles Bridges in it may project out to the Knicks scouts that he would have gotten the better of Mikal also.

mafra

Legend
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.c...knox-miles-mikal-bridges-best-wing-2018-class

They breakdown the SF-wing trio of Knox and both Bridges.

?Put up against Miles Bridges and Mikal Bridges, Knox is taller (6?7.75? w/o shoes), and younger than his counterparts, coupled with a virtually equal wingspan (6?11.75?) to that of Villanova?s swingman. Knox won?t turn 19 until August 11, making him ripe for an NBA coaching staff to get their hands on. Mikal Bridges will turn 21 two weeks after Knox?s birthday, whereas Miles is already midway through his 20th year. Knox boasts a significant advantage in biometric profile.

On the court, his size and sufficient athleticism alone make him a candidate to eventually guard positions 3-5. He also had a successful season as Kentucky?s leading scorer, posting 15.6 points per game while shooting 34.1% from deep and 77.4% from the line. The mechanics are there, culminating with a quick and high release. He used his length exceptionally well as a scorer, both laterally to side-step opponents in his driving lanes and when hanging in the air meeting helping bigs in the paint. He was effective in the post against smaller opponents and delivered most of his damage spotting up on the wings and elbow extended, either flashing his jumper or taking closeout defenders off the dribble. Knox also showcased a bit of playmaking ability. He only ran 48 pick-and-rolls as a Wildcat, according to Synergy Sports, but produced 0.979 points per possession in those settings.

Knox has provided scouts with enough of a preview in each facet of the game to where teams should be salivating over the chance to invest in him in the late lottery. Picking Knox is betting far more on upside than a presently realized skill set. But the dividends could prove highly lucrative, and a team could be selecting a potential All-Star at the back end of the lottery.?

mafra

Legend
?There are only so many minutes a team can hand out to players with major limitations on either end of the floor. Defensive sieves or space-crimping bystanders can be fatal weaknesses against certain opponents. The fuel powering NBA title contenders are two-way contributors who can dribble, pass, shoot and guard more than one position. These guys aren?t easy to find, but when they?re available?and especially when they?ve won two national championships?they shouldn?t be passed over unless the alternative is something really special. For the general managers eyeing these three wing prospects, Mikal Bridges stands above Miles Bridges and Knox because his 3-and-D package is more translatable to today?s league. It is difficult to foresee a scenario in which Bridges will not materially upgrade his team?s ability to both put the ball in the opposing team?s basket and prevent the opposing team from doing the same.

Bridges scored efficiently during all three of his seasons at Villanova, but in 2017-18 he hinted at a higher offensive ceiling. After serving as a complementary threat as a redshirt freshman and redshirt sophomore, Bridges took on a bigger offensive workload, raising the percentage of his team?s plays that he used while on the floor from 15.3 to 23.2, according to Sports Reference. The usage hike didn?t overwhelm Bridges. He posted a higher offensive rating last season than he did in two previous seasons. Although Bridges won?t be tasked with carrying an offense at the next level, his comfort taking on more shot-creation responsibility suggests he?ll be more than a catch-and-shoot weapon at the next level. Bridges can use his long strides to puncture defenses with straight-line drives, and he?s a functional playmaker who took better care of the ball last season, slashing his turnover rate from 15.1% to 9.1%.

Whatever Bridges?s deficiencies as an off-the-bounce creator and distributor, his floor-spacing potential is plain. Bridges is a capable jump shooter both off the catch and off the dribble, and a high release point enables him to launch over contesting defenders. After sinking only 23 of his 77 attempts from distance as a redshirt freshman, Bridges hit at a 39.3% clip on 112 attempts as a redshirt sophomore and a 43.5% clip on 239 attempts as a redshirt junior. Bridges also sank 86.8% of his 190 total free throw attempts as a redshirt sophomore and redshirt junior, up from 78.7% on 75 attempts as a redshirt freshman, a good indicator for his potential as a long-range marksman.

Against most lineups, Bridges should be able to toggle between as many as four defensive assignments. He?s just the type of long, nimble stopper coaches want manning their switch-heavy schemes. Bridges stands 6?7??, 204 pounds and reportedly had his wingspan measured at 7?2??. He?s disciplined on the ball and active away from it, laterally quick enough to contain guards on the perimeter, and he should be able to hold up physically against the vast majority of wings he faces.

Bridges is on the older side of this class of projected first-rounders. It?s possible that he and Miles Bridges will be the only non-freshman collegians taken in the lottery. But however much Mikal Bridges?s age detracts from his developmental upside, he could well make up for it by making a bigger instant impact than other, younger prospects. It?s hard to think of a team Bridges wouldn?t make better right now.?

I?ve lost the thread here to a degree for what we?re going to do at #9. Pro-Knox reports seem like they partly come from Knox?s dad. At the same time, I haven?t really read anyone else raving about Mikal or Miles Bridges in workouts. Maybe we are seeing Knox, Gilgeous-Alexander, and Lonnie Walker moving up and the two Bridges moving down.

Basically, top 8 prospects are the tier 1 picks and we?re at the top of the tier 2 prospects, which can be a very good thing. I just wish that I trusted Perry and Mills to evaluate talent, but I don?t.

Only 2 days left. Hopefully, our front office has a plan. If we?ve gotten a reasonable trade down offer, then I would probably take it.

mafra

Legend
Amen. I keep thinking of that Curry draft back in 2009... Sure, we lost out on Steph... but did we have to select Jordan Hill when DeRozan was sitting there?

Kiyaman

Legend
Sounds to me the Knicks are heading in the direction of going with the young gun with the most potential instead of the more seasoned older college player with the more limited upside. Would have loved to have seen Mikal and Knox in that 3 on 3 but Knox getting the best of Miles Bridges in it may project out to the Knicks scouts that he would have gotten the better of Mikal also.

Good point! does the Knicks Perry know what the Knicks team need and want?
The 2018 draft class are a Big-Man draft class .. we need to recall Jordan was selected out of a big-man draft class in 1984, when Patrick Ewing won the NCAA Championship MVP but did not enter the draft.

The 6.9 young 18 year old freshmen Knox look to be a natural NBA PF .. Yes, Knox will be a young rookie project needing veteran big men teammates to show him the ropes in the weight-training n switches in the paint in his first two seasons in the NBA.
On the Knicks Knox has the potential to be a back-up PF .. like Tired-KP should have been his first 3 season as a Knicks.

The 6.7 sophomore Miles Bridges look to be a natural 2-Way NBA Big-Guard/SF, whom NBA development the first 4 seasons in the NBA should be at the SF position .. on the Knicks, Miles has the potential to be a starter SF.

The 6.6 Junior Mikal Bridges are a natural 2-Way Big-Guard/SF having a NBA-Ready physical mind-set to perform on the wing at multi-position G/F .. on the Knicks, Mikal has all the potential to be a starter SF.

The 6.10 Wendell Carter Jr. are a pure natural 2-Way NBA PF having a athletic quickness to be a double-double big-man in his NBA rookie-season .. Carter's 2-Way performance in college tandem to Bagley look like he wont have any problem adapting to the NBA level of big-men b.ball .. selecting Carter with the 9th pick would permanently take injury-prone "Tired-KP" starter-job, especially in his rookie season at PF tandem in lineups with either Kanter or Quinn vs our strong big-men Atlantic Division teams.

Kiyaman

Legend
I’ve lost the thread here to a degree for what we’re going to do at #9. Pro-Knox reports seem like they partly come from Knox’s dad. At the same time, I haven’t really read anyone else raving about Mikal or Miles Bridges in workouts. Maybe we are seeing Knox, Gilgeous-Alexander, and Lonnie Walker moving up and the two Bridges moving down.

Basically, top 8 prospects are the tier 1 picks and we’re at the top of the tier 2 prospects, which can be a very good thing. I just wish that I trusted Perry and Mills to evaluate talent, but I don’t.

Only 2 days left. Hopefully, our front office has a plan. If we’ve gotten a reasonable trade down offer, then I would probably take it.

Hopefully, a NBA genius (a Fan!) convince Mills/Perry the 9th pick has 4 options ..
1) Carter
2) Mikal
3) Miles
4) Knox
The Knicks roster/rotation need a SF and a PF from the 2 Knicks picks (9/36) in the 2018 draft !!!

mafra

Legend
Sounds like Porter got a guarantee from CLE, but the Cavs could always trade that pick for Kemba or Schroeder or something.

But, if Porter falls and CLE stays put, and ORL passes on Young.... Trae probably slips to 9.

Thursday can?t come quick enough, right.

Broadway

All Star
Sounds like Porter got a guarantee from CLE, but the Cavs could always trade that pick for Kemba or Schroeder or something.

But, if Porter falls and CLE stays put, and ORL passes on Young.... Trae probably slips to 9.

Thursday can’t come quick enough, right.

I'm hearing Orlando is mulling over Trae and Sexton supposedly it nip and tuck. Cleveland won't land Porter unless Chicago is high on either Bridges which I won't rule out but I stand by Bulls drafting Porter if he's there. I could see Cleveland drafting Miles over Mikal

It's looking like Sexton/Mikal and probably Knox will be on the board when we pick. Not thrilled over any of them and I do not want Knox(still believe he's Fake Hustle, a smoke screen)

Sixers are trying to trade into the Top 5(gotta believe it's for Trae)

tiger0330

Legend
Latest Insider mock draft. Has us picking Knox and Trae falling to 12 to the Clips. Bulls take Porter, likely imo since they were the only team he shared his medicals with and all his workouts were centered out of CHI, Insider says his workouts went well including the one last Fri that was originally cancelled. Orlando picks Carter despite their need for a PG and Shai is the first guard going in the draft to the Cavs, Cavs did hold a workout with Trae this past Saturday but he's not the 2 way player that fits the defensive minded Cavs.

1. Phoenix Suns

i
Deandre Ayton
Arizona
C
Height: 7-foot | Weight: 243
The Suns appear to be locked into Ayton with the top spot, which makes sense considering the way he dominated the Pac-12 while playing at Arizona. Physically, he's one of the most gifted prospects we've seen in the draft in the past few years, and he has an impressive skill level to boot.
Phoenix, the worst defensive team in the NBA, will be right to question his impact on that end of the floor, but his sheer productivity and overall talent level make it difficult to not slot him at the top of this class.
Starting salary: $8,251,477

2. Sacramento Kings

i
Marvin Bagley III
Duke
PF/C
Height: 6-foot-11 | Weight: 234
Editor's Picks

The Kings showed progress this season and appear to have some strong building blocks in place, particularly in the backcourt. Word around the NBA is they are not very high on Luka Doncic and have their sights set firmly on Bagley. The strength of this draft is in the frontcourt, and the Kings are reportedly looking to take advantage of that due to the lack of progress shown by Willie Cauley-Stein.
While Bagley has some positional concerns defensively, his athleticism, motor, rebounding, finishing ability and overall productivity are reportedly very attractive to the Kings. Bagley has terrific scoring and rebounding instincts and likely brings better shot-making potential than he showed in college with more spacing around him at the NBA level.
Starting salary: $7,382,837

3. Atlanta Hawks

r331747_130x180_smallmug.jpg
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Michigan State
PF/C
Height: 6-foot-11 | Weight: 240
The Hawks will be in best-player-available mode, but it helps to be able to complement their existing roster with a building block that fits with the surrounding talent. Jackson would be the ideal big man to pair with promising rookie John Collins.
The youngest player projected to be drafted, Jackson might have the highest ceiling in terms of his ability to affect the game on both ends of the floor. He has enviable physical tools, including a 7-foot-4 wingspan and tremendous mobility. Jackson's ability to space the floor (40 percent from 3 and 80 percent from the line), block shots (5.7 per 40 minutes), switch on every screen and, increasingly, put the ball on the floor from the perimeter makes him an ideal fit for the modern NBA.
Trae Young would reportedly get looks from the Hawks if they decided to trade down.
Starting salary: $6,629,778

4. Memphis Grizzlies

20505.jpg
Luka Doncic
Real Madrid
PG
Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 228
Doncic hit a bit of a wall after playing 18 straight months without a break for Real Madrid and the Slovenian national team, souring some scouts with a handful of underwhelming performances in March and April. He still found a way to help Real Madrid win the Euroleague Final Four and was awarded MVP honors for his effort.
Considering their aging core and financial woes, the Grizzlies will likely be looking to return to playoff contention as quickly as possible. Doncic would be a dream selection for the Grizzlies because he has the size, skill and versatility to fit in well alongside all their existing talent while also possessing star potential in his own right. It's somewhat of a surprising outcome to see Doncic fall to No. 4, but that seems to be the way things are shaking out for now.
Starting salary: $5,977,870

5. Dallas Mavericks

20509.jpg
Mohamed Bamba
Texas
C
Height: 7-foot | Weight: 207
With Nerlens Noel unlikely to be in Dallas' long-term plans and Dirk Nowitzki now 40, the Mavs will be looking for a frontcourt player to build around.
Bamba's rare combination of length, shot-blocking instincts and offensive promise gives him one of the highest ceilings of any prospect in this draft. Every team in the NBA is looking for a big man like him who can anchor a defense.
Starting salary: $5,412,922

6. Orlando Magic

20507.jpg
Wendell Carter Jr.
Duke
C
Height: 6-foot-10 | Weight: 263
Carter's feel and versatility are promising in a number of ways. He is a physically mature big man with a 263-pound frame and 7-3 wingspan, which will allow him to play center in the NBA with ease.
He is a polished player with excellent hands and touch around the basket and has demonstrated a nice blend of passing, shot-blocking and perimeter shooting, despite being overshadowed at times by Bagley at Duke.
Starting salary: $4,916,346

7. Chicago Bulls

20504.jpg
Michael Porter Jr.
Missouri
SF/PF
Height: 6-foot-10 | Weight: 214
Porter's draft stock appears to be on the upswing after positive medical evaluations and a strong showing at his pro day last week.
Porter came into the season with hopes of making a run at being the No. 1 pick in the draft. However, he wasn't able to build his case because of a back injury. Porter's size, skill and scoring instincts nevertheless make him a coveted prospect. He is a playmaker on both ends of the floor and is just starting to figure out how to put his talent to full use.
Starting salary: $4,488,019

8. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Nets)

i

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Kentucky

PG/SG
Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 171
One of the draft's most interesting storylines will be seeing when the first point guard comes off the board. Gilgeous-Alexander is quietly picking up steam as potentially being that guy, which is somewhat unexpected after being projected behind Trae Young and Collin Sexton for most of the year.
He hasn't worked out for the Cavs -- we're hearing he's angling to be picked by the Hornets or the Clippers -- but that might not matter much, as Cleveland's front office appears to be enamored with him. The Cavs are in dire need of a young ball handler, whether LeBron James returns or not. Although not a big-time scorer, Gilgeous-Alexander is talented enough to take the keys as the PG of the future if LeBron bolts, yet versatile enough to coexist with James and add value with his length, feel, skill and instincts if he stays.
On Saturday, the Cavs quietly held a workout for Trae Young, another potential target.
Starting salary: $4,111,429

9. New York Knicks

i
Kevin Knox
Kentucky
SF/PF
Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 205
While we've had Knox sliding to the Nos. 12-15 range the past few months after an up-and-down freshman season, NBA teams drafting in that range say they don't anticipate him being there, as there seems to be a significant market for his services in the Nos. 7-11 range.
Knox had an underwhelming showing at his pro day in Miami, according to multiple scouts in attendance, but he has been very good otherwise in workouts. There's a significant market in the NBA for combo forwards in his mold who can make an open shot, defend multiple positions and offer some offensive versatility. He's one of the youngest players in this draft, so he still has plenty of room to continue to grow.
Starting salary: $3,779,482

10. Philadelphia 76ers (via Lakers)

20360.jpg
Mikal Bridges
Villanova
SF
Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 200
The 76ers have gotten great production out of JJ Redick and Marco Belinelli, but with both players approaching free agency -- and their mid-30s -- it makes sense to think about drafting a wing who can complement Philadelphia's building blocks of Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz.
Bridges is an easy player to slot on almost any NBA roster, thanks to his multipositional defensive versatility, 3-point shooting and role-player potential. He isn't as gifted a shot creator as you'd like from a top-10 pick, but on this roster, he won't need to be.
Starting salary: $3,590,268

11. Charlotte Hornets

20510.jpg
Collin Sexton
Alabama
PG
Height: 6-foot-2 | Weight: 183
Kemba Walker has one more year on his contract and might not be in Charlotte's long-term plans. The Hornets are operating under a new coaching staff and front office, and they could be in line for a rebuild.
Sexton brings tremendous aggressiveness driving the lane, taking off-the-dribble jumpers and putting defensive pressure on opposing guards. NBA teams have some concerns about Sexton's on-court decision-making and reckless style of play. Fiercely competitive, Sexton has shown enough flashes in the right areas to be comfortably projected as a starting-caliber point guard, with plenty of upside.
Starting salary: $3,410,963

12. LA Clippers (via Pistons)

i
Trae Young
Oklahoma
PG
Height: 6-foot-2 | Weight: 176
Should the Magic decide not to take a point guard at No. 6, it's looking likely that one of at least three lottery-bound college playmakers will find himself in this slot. With the Cavs favoring Gilgeous-Alexander and the Hornets preferring Sexton, the Clippers are likely to take Young if he falls here, which could be considered a major coup.
Young plays a huge position of need for this squad, which cycled through multiple guard options over the course of last season.
Starting salary: $3,240,463

13. LA Clippers

r78029_400x600_2-3.jpg
Jerome Robinson
Boston College
PG
Height: 6-foot-5 | Weight: 181
A smooth, high-IQ combo guard, Robinson offers shooting and creativity and has the versatility to play either on or off the ball.
He had one of the most productive campaigns in ACC history for Boston College.
Starting salary: $3,078,404

14. Denver Nuggets

20379.jpg
Miles Bridges
Michigan State
SF/PF
Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 226
The Nuggets have been cycling through options at small forward all season and could very well look to address that position in the draft and/or free agency this summer.
Bridges is a freakish athlete who struggled at times to make the full-time transition to small forward, but he undoubtedly has potential as a two-way forward who can guard all over the floor and give you enough shooting, ballhandling and passing to get by at one of the most important positions in today's NBA.
Starting salary: $2,924,539

15. Washington Wizards

20531.jpg
Lonnie Walker IV
Miami
SG
Height: 6-foot-4 | Weight: 206
Walker didn't have a consistent or efficient freshman season, but his talent, combined with the lack of depth at his position, is keeping him in this range.
His youth, strong frame, 6-foot-10? wingspan and ability to shoot with his feet set or off the dribble make him a candidate to rise as teams search for upside and diamonds in the rough.
Starting salary: $2,778,134

16. Phoenix Suns (via Heat)

i

Aaron Holiday
UCLA
PG
Height: 6-foot-1 | Weight: 187
Holiday had an outstanding junior season and he would bring a number of attractive traits to the Suns with his microwave scoring ability, long wingspan and toughness.
He's a pitbull defender who should be able to earn minutes early on for his abilities on that end.
Starting salary: $2,639,313

17. Milwaukee Bucks

i
Zhaire Smith
Texas Tech
SF
Height: 6-foot-5 | Weight: 195
Originally expected to be more of a 2019 draft candidate, Smith accelerated that timeline by helping Texas Tech reach the Elite Eight.
Smith needs to continue to develop his ballhandling and perimeter shooting, but he's one of the best athletes in this draft, and his trajectory as a prospect suggests he has considerable upside.
Starting salary: $2,507,345

18. San Antonio Spurs

20468.jpg
Robert Williams
Texas A&M
PF/C
Height: 6-foot-10 | Weight: 237
Williams reminded everyone why he was such a highly touted prospect entering the season with an impressive run to finish the year, helping Texas A&M reach the Sweet 16.
Despite playing out of position all season, he has shown that his game is tailor-made for the NBA as a rim-running, pick-and-roll-finishing, shot-blocker/offensive rebounder in the Clint Capela mold.
Starting salary: $2,381,975

19. Atlanta Hawks (via Wolves)

r377356_130x180_smallmug.jpg

Kevin Huerter
Maryland

SG
Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 182
The 6-7 wing elevated his draft stock considerably with a strong showing at the combine.
Huerter's size, feel and upside could be intriguing at this stage of the draft -- he's younger than some of the freshmen projected to be drafted. Huerter recently underwent surgery to repair torn ligaments in his right hand and is expected to miss two months.
Starting salary: $2,274,709

20. Minnesota Timberwolves (via Thunder)

r350658_2_400x600_2-3.jpg

Donte DiVincenzo
Villanova

PG
Height: 6-foot-5 | Weight: 200
Minnesota desperately needs to add depth to its guard and wing rotations, preferably someone who can also bring 3-point shooting and defense.
DiVincenzo put himself firmly on the NBA map with a memorable performance in the NCAA tournament championship game and continued his strong play at the NBA combine. He's a versatile guard who brings toughness and aggressiveness on both ends of the floor as well as deep range from beyond the arc. The fact that he doesn't need the ball in his hands to be successful is attractive alongside the likes of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns.
Starting salary: $2,183,588

21. Utah Jazz

20525.jpg

Troy Brown
Oregon

SG
Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 210
Brown's size, multipositional defense and upside could be intriguing at this stage of the draft.
He's one of the youngest players in this class and consistently described as an outstanding teammate and worker. Helping him become a better shooter will be a major key for whichever team drafts him.
Starting salary: $2,096,260

22. Chicago Bulls (via Pelicans)

i

Elie Okobo
Pau-Orthez
PG
Height: 6-foot-3 | Weight: 180
Okobo has rocketed up draft boards with a very strong end to the season in France, leading his team to the playoffs and then having a memorable 44-point game once there.
The smooth guard has good physical tools with the ability to pass out of pick-and-roll sets and make shots with range pulling up off the dribble. His size and length should allow him to play alongside another point guard in the same backcourt, which is attractive in today's NBA.
Starting salary: $2,012,478

23. Indiana Pacers

20474.jpg

De'Anthony Melton
USC

PG/SG
Height: 6-foot-3 | Weight: 195
With incumbent point guards Darren Collison and Cory Joseph both entering the final seasons of their contracts, the Pacers could certainly begin to think about drafting someone they can groom at this position long term.
Melton looked to be on the verge of a breakout season for USC before the FBI's investigation into recruiting shut him down indefinitely. His basketball IQ, ability to guard multiple positions, toughness and intangibles make him a prospect worth investing in.
Starting salary: $1,931,999

24. Portland Trail Blazers

i

Josh Okogie
Georgia Tech

SG
Height: 6-foot-4 | Weight: 195
Okogie has length, toughness and defensive versatility, and he's put himself firmly in the first-round mix with a strong pre-draft process, including an excellent showing at the combine.
He was the primary shot-creator on an underwhelming Georgia Tech team, which played a big part in his inefficiencies offensively.
Starting salary: $1,854,821

25. Los Angeles Lakers (via Cavs)

20233.jpg

Grayson Allen
Duke

SG
Height: 6-foot-4 | Weight: 185
Even with Lonzo Ball in place, the Lakers should be looking to solidify their backcourt rotation and add more shooting, ballhandling and defensive versatility. Ball's size gives him the ability to operate alongside another combo guard.
Allen is a big-time shot-maker who should be ready to contribute fairly soon as one of the few NCAA seniors projected to be picked in the first round.
Starting salary: $1,780,457

26. Philadelphia 76ers

i
Dzanan Musa
Cedevita
SF
Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 195
Musa's size, scoring instincts and aggressiveness could be intriguing at this stage of the draft.
He's one of the youngest players in this class, but he already is productive in Europe, playing at a fairly high level. However, his shot-selection and decision making could stand to improve.
Starting salary: $1,721,504

27. Boston Celtics

i

Keita Bates-Diop
Ohio State

PF
Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 235
Bates-Diop increased his stock dramatically with a breakout season, moving among all of the frontcourt positions for an overachieving Ohio State team and looking like an ideal fit for the modern NBA -- if he can find a way to rev his motor into higher gear at the professional level.
Starting salary: $1,671,968

28. Golden State Warriors

20496.jpg

Moritz Wagner
Michigan

PF/C
Height: 6-foot-11 | Weight: 231
The Warriors are way over the luxury tax and will want to find contributors on cheap rookie contracts.
Wagner brings floor spacing and a high-energy style of play. He was one of the breakout players of March, leading Michigan to a Big Ten title and a surprise run to the NCAA championship game.
Starting salary: $1,661,574

29. Brooklyn Nets (via Raptors)

r331743_130x180_smallmug.jpg

Chandler Hutchison
Boise State
SG/SF
Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 193
The Nets are still figuring out what their long-term wing rotation will look like and could very well take a flier on a player like Hutchison at the end of the first round. His size, athleticism and ability to create his own shot are intriguing in a league that is starved for players at his position.
Hutchison made significant strides with his game as a senior. He has outstanding physical tools and is a much-improved ball handler and perimeter shooter. Hutchison is reported to have a promise after skipping the NBA combine and canceling all his workouts, and teams are increasingly beginning to point to Brooklyn as the team that guaranteed him.
Starting salary: $1,649,464

30. Atlanta Hawks (via Rockets)

20301.jpg
Jalen Brunson
Villanova
PG
Height: 6-foot-2 | Weight: 200
If they keep all three first-rounders, the Hawks should just be in best-player-available mode here.
Brunson is an extremely efficient offensive player, with a strong frame and reliable catch-and-shoot jumper. He rarely plays outside of his role and abilities.
Starting salary: $1,637,600

Second round

31. Suns
Melvin Frazier | SF | Age: 21.7 | Tulane
32. Grizzlies
Bruce Brown | SG | Age: 21.8 | Miami FL
33. Mavericks
Devonte' Graham | PG | Age: 23.3 | Kansas
34. Hawks
Rodions Kurucs | SF/PF | Age: 20.3 | Barcelona
35. Magic
Landry Shamet | PG | Age: 21.2 | Wichita St