New York Knicks - 2018 Draft

mafra

Legend
If Trae Young and Michael Porter Jr. aren?t on the board, the Knicks may decide between the proven quantity of Villanova?s Mikal Bridges or the riskier Knox. Kentucky coach John Calipari said on a conference call Tuesday that ?teams are going to say two years from now, why would we have passed on him???

The Sixers could seek to trade up a notch for the 18-year-old and offer the Knicks a piece of their slew of draft picks (they have six 2018 picks ? No. 26 and four in the second round).

Alex Rucker, the Sixers? director of analytics and strategy, said he?s unsure Knox will be on the board.

?He?s a very talented modern NBA wing, 6-9, fluid, shot the ball great,?? Rucker said. ?In the modern game, Kevin can play two, three positions (2, 3, 4).?

Calipari compared Knox?s journey to Celtics stud rookie Jayson Tatum, referring to Knox not showing defensive toughness at Kentucky.

?I never knew [Tatum] had that kind of toughness in him,?? Calipari said. ?What I saw [with Boston] he never showed in college. Now you have a skilled, long, tough player who?s a future All-Star. Kevin falls into that same mode right now.?

The second 76ers invite has Knox figuring they are hot for him. He participated in a group workout with Philadelphia last week. This one was a short solo workout with just shooting and ballhandling.

?Coach [Brett] Brown called my agent after the first workout and said he wanted to spend more time with me,? Knox said. ?If he wanted me to come back, it shows a lot of interest in me.??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-stock-rises-with-knicks-76ers-intrigued/amp/

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks would have to really love Knox to pass up 10 and 26 if the Sixers want Knox. Grab the safe pick Mikal and maybe D2, Grayson Allan or Mikals bro Brunson at 24. Calipari is one of the biggest salesman for one of his guys but that comparison to Tatum was a little over the top.

Broadway

All Star
Kevin Knox is probably Trey Lyles if teams are openly talking about guys in this fashion said player is not at the very top of their Big Board. Philly has their eyes set on a guard or probably Mikal(if at all). They have Convington who they just gave a nice deal a pretty good 3 and D guy himself and are in the market for a bigger fish at 3(Lebron, Kawhi, PG13) this summer

If Knox was as good as he's being talked about he would've received a promise from someone since he's worked out for quite a few teams. Not to mention why didn't we hear rumors of Clippers trying to trade up for him

WE BETTER NOT DRAFT HIM!!!!

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
The Knicks would have to really love Knox to pass up 10 and 26 if the Sixers want Knox. Grab the safe pick Mikal and maybe D2, Grayson Allan or Mikals bro Brunson at 24. Calipari is one of the biggest salesman for one of his guys but that comparison to Tatum was a little over the top.

Tig you are so on point about Calipari he's a blow hard for his guys, actually makes the draft less enjoyable to watch with all the camera action he whores for over his guys. Nothing he says is relevant to me. Philly actually wants to move up higher, they want someone right above them to bite a little so they can gather more info of who likely is available

mafra

Legend
I think Knicks doing a good job selling misinformation... I think they truly want Carter, Porter, Young or trade down. I think the hope is PHI will surrender 10 and 26 to get Knox... Can?t hurt.

Tough call here, but the time to start turning ship around is now... KP will walk if we have 2 teenagers (Knits and Knox). If you draft Knox then trade KP.

Just play it safe and take Mikhal. Hope for the best (although I feel he is a major bust risk, bc of his physical limitations).

mafra

Legend
Fortunately we won?t have to deal with this... Having MP and KP would be too much, for me personally.

Unless LJ decides to stay in CLE (which all signs suggest otherwise), Porter doesn?t make it behind 8.

I?m holding out hope for Carter or Young... Carter has a lot of Horford in him and Young could be out Stevie Nash.

Broadway

All Star
Fortunately we won’t have to deal with this... Having MP and KP would be too much, for me personally.

Unless LJ decides to stay in CLE (which all signs suggest otherwise), Porter doesn’t make it behind 8.

I’m holding out hope for Carter or Young... Carter has a lot of Horford in him and Young could be out Stevie Nash.

His quotes were pure garbage, like he's trying to talk his way through this draft. He must have some team(Bulls?) swindled. I won't rule out Bridges being a target of theirs but supposedly he is a Cavs target too, he shouldn't be a target of ours

With that being said we're getting some clues coming in

mafra

Legend
Top 5 appears to be shaping up as

Suns ~ Ayton
Kings ~ Bagley
Hawks ~ Doncic
Grizz ~ Jackson
Mavs ~ Bamba

Should the Knicks deal 9 for 4 & Parsons? I would... I prefer THjr, KOQ, 36 and a future protected 1st instead tho.

BTW, Marc Stein said SAC seriously considering Porter.

Kiyaman

Legend

I wish Calipari hush-up, he doesnt have to sale hype bout Mikal .. Mikal improve his level of B.Ball each season at Vill.
Perry's safe pick better be Mikal .. Mikal's all-round skills as a SF-wing are to good for Perry not to select at 9 if Mikal is still on the board .. Makal's talent could fore-fill the open SPACE-HOLE we had at the SF-wing spot last season.
Truth be said .. I want both Mikal & Carter in this draft.

Looking at what the Chicago Bulls want/need at 7th pick ???
I dont see the Bulls selecting a guard .. if all 4 of the double-double Centers are gone at 7th pick ..
I see the Bulls selecting a multi-position SF-wing (Mikal/Miles/or Porter).

The Cavs are going to do something CRAZY on draft-night to keep Lebron in Cleveland next-season !!!
What type of player the Cavs Roster want/need from the 8th pick .. after being SWEPT in the Finals ???
Will the Cavs trade 8th pick to go down to 1st or 4th pick? or select Porter at 8 if available?

Broadway

All Star
Should the Knicks deal 9 for 4 & Parsons? I would... I prefer THjr, KOQ, 36 and a future protected 1st instead tho.

BTW, Marc Stein said SAC seriously considering Porter.

I can't do that deal unless it absolutely netted us Doncic, even then I think I say no. We really need to get Jerry West on the phone and strike a deal with the Clippers

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I don?t think Mikejr or Tray Young will be there at 9. This is a deep draft at the top so I?m ok with Sexton or Knox. Bridges wasn?t even the best player on that Villinova team, Brunson and the white boy were better. I don?t like a guy who doesn?t flash in big NCAA games. Plus Timjr and Frank are big wing players, tho I like Knox versatility. We will see. I wouldn?t be opposed to trading back as I don?t see a franchise changing player there for us and we will have to suffer through another rebuilding season. Hopefully we can tank well enough to the Broadway standard and have top five pick next draft.

Broadway

All Star
If the Bulls don't save him he drops and I have a sick hunch Clippers were probably a team who told him this. We could be primed for a draft day trade but Mills and Perry are probably too dense to catch this...

mafra

Legend
Jay Bills says Sexton better prospect than Young. He thinks Trae will be good... he believes in him... but he likes Sexton more. He also added that he believes the kid PG from Kentucky might be the best of the 3.

He said Holliday and Allen will be steals in the 20s.

He said Knox is a gem. Size, skill, can shoot and score. He wasn?t always a Knox fan but changed his mind when he scored 34 at WVU. He thinks he?ll need time but the talent is there. It was mentioned that CHI is in love with Knox.

Read online speculation that Porter and Trae Young have falling draft stock, maybe even past the Knicks at 9. Who moves up then? Most likely Sexton. Then who? Knox or one of the Bridges? Lonnie Walker? I don?t know if I believe Porter or Trae Young will last past the top 8. So much more upside than the next chunk of prospects.

mafra

Legend
Darn it. Carter now could go as high as 4th!

If we had to select from Porter, Young, Knox... I wonder what we do.

I really hope we find a way to trade up into top 6...

Darn it. Carter now could go as high as 4th!

If we had to select from Porter, Young, Knox... I wonder what we do.

I really hope we find a way to trade up into top 6...

I think passing on Porter or Trae Young at #9 is overthinking it, but I probably would have said the same thing a couple years ago if teams had passed on Russell or Okafor to take KP.