Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617
Results 241 to 249 of 249
  1. #241
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,396
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Carter would make a great PF alongside Kanter or Quinn .. if not the Knicks has to sign a decent veteran PF in Free Agency in offseason. Last season the Knicks did not have a decent PF in their rotation to match-up with any of the PF in the Atlantic division Horford/Ibaka/Saric/and DeMarre Carroll.

    Mikal Bridges would make a great SF alongside back-court tandem Mudiay n Timmy or Burke n Knits. Having Troy Williams to backup Bridges at the SF spot is 100% better than having Timmy at the SF position. The Knicks had a SF in Doug McDermott who performance were 50% better than Timmy at the SF spot.

  2. #242
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,101
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This report suggests Knicks like Lonnie Walker, and would probably prefer to trade 9 to LAC for 12 & 13... sounds like Knicks would pass on Bridges.... and hope LAC want Bridges enough that they swap 2 picks for 1.

    In other words, Lonnie Walker and Chandler Hutchinson is better than just Mikhal Bridges.

    Then, look to gab a Melvin Frazier or Jacob Evans at 37 (3&D type SF).

  3. #243
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This report suggests Knicks like Lonnie Walker, and would probably prefer to trade 9 to LAC for 12 & 13... sounds like Knicks would pass on Bridges.... and hope LAC want Bridges enough that they swap 2 picks for 1.

    In other words, Lonnie Walker and Chandler Hutchinson is better than just Mikhal Bridges.

    Then, look to gab a Melvin Frazier or Jacob Evans at 37 (3&D type SF).
    Moving up 3 spots doesn’t sound like enough to make the Clippers give us their other lottery pick. Hmm, it makes me wonder if we’re now feeling the downside of Hornacek destroying WHG’s value and then us giving him away for peanuts. Could WHG thrown in with the #9 pick have helped us get a deal to trade down done? #9 and #36 for #12 and #13 maybe?

  4. #244
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,101
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    Moving up 3 spots doesn’t sound like enough to make the Clippers give us their other lottery pick. Hmm, it makes me wonder if we’re now feeling the downside of Hornacek destroying WHG’s value and then us giving him away for peanuts. Could WHG thrown in with the #9 pick have helped us get a deal to trade down done? #9 and #36 for #12 and #13 maybe?
    It really all depends on who is still there at 9, and if LAC covets that player. If they’re in love with one of the Bridges or Carter or something... then, sure, I could see them jumping by up. Otherwise, I’m sure they’d prefer 2 instead of 1 too.

  5. #245
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,101
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #246
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,358
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    It really all depends on who is still there at 9, and if LAC covets that player. If they’re in love with one of the Bridges or Carter or something... then, sure, I could see them jumping by up. Otherwise, I’m sure they’d prefer 2 instead of 1 too.
    Exactly correct what the Clippers know for a fact they are too low to get the guy they covet thus we are a team of interest it's as simple as that

  7. #247
    Veteran tiger0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,001
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by Broadway
    Exactly correct what the Clippers know for a fact they are too low to get the guy they covet thus we are a team of interest it's as simple as that
    If I were the Clips I'd offer DJ and a first rd pick to the Suns for their #1 and Chandler. I'd draft Ayton to be their next big MAN.

  8. #248
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,358
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    If I were the Clips I'd offer DJ and a first rd pick to the Suns for their #1 and Chandler. I'd draft Ayton to be their next big MAN.
    Fair value but few things to note

    ~ DJ I don't think can be traded prior to draft because he has an option yr on his contract that probably doesn't fall in the same timeline to be invoked by draft day

    ~ DJ needs a new deal(by all accounts from what I'm hearing he's opting out), probably not what Phx wants to do money wise

    ~ DJ doesn't fit the stream of time with rebuilding(he'll be 30yrs old this summer)

    ~ DJ if he were to come with anchored salary(long term) usually the team who's giving salary relief on top of a #1 overall pick would demand more


    Once again probably a fair offer on paper
    Last edited by Broadway; Today at 00:29.

  9. #249
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,101
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I post this here bc if PHO will deal us 2 of these 3 (Booker, Jax, #1 pick) than I trade KP.

    NY Post:

    Going home hasn’t always been beneficial for Kristaps Porzingis.

    Last year, he had his driver’s license suspended, according to a New York Times profile on countrywoman and tennis star Jelena Ostapenko, citing Latvian news reports.

    The two like to drive fast, and in Latvia, the speed limits are low, roughly 30 miles an hour in urban areas, and 55 on highways.

    “The police are O.K. with the athletes, but look what happened to Porzingis,” Ostapenko said. “He was driving like 200 (kph, about 124 mph) or something, and he was very bad with the police. If you do something bad, you have to say you did it. If they come and you are like, ‘Do you know who I am?,’ they are going to just take everything from you.”

    Ostapenko, the reigning French Open champion and ranked fifth in the world, had run-ins with the police in Latvia, too.

    “Once, there was huge traffic, and I did something I was not supposed to do, and they of course stopped me,” she said. “And I said, ‘Yeah, I was wrong. I’m in a rush, and I have to go to practice.’ And they said, ‘Go, but don’t do it again.’ But I honestly was in a rush.”

    An email seeking comment from Porzingis’ rep wasn’t returned immediately.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 27, 2017, 20:17
  2. 2k13 draft vs 2k3 draft
    By bigapple in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2013, 14:31
  3. 2012 NBA Draft: Draft Fashion with Clyde Frazier
    By Wargames in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2012, 13:58
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 26, 2010, 00:36
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2008, 19:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •