Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567822 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Marvin Bagley III had more points in his debut than any No. 1 recruit since the ESPN 100 rankings began in 2007.
    He was very impressive, he's probably the best player in college hoops. Don't sleep on Ayton

I think this kid is going to be special and I'm usually not that high on Euro Prospects. We're going to regret winning 36-42gms

Tomorrow night Mich st plays duke. Probably about 4 lottery picks in this game.

Yeah, I would love to add this Euro kid. Perfect SF for us.

Problem is.... SAC and CHI are
    Going to be so bad we probably don't have a shot at worst record even at 20 wins.

Not sure about the ping pong odds this upcoming draft? Does it matter if you are in the worst 1-4 records? Same odds? Maybe we get lucky and win it anyway.... Like how PHI jumped up.

Veteran

Tomorrow night Mich st plays duke. Probably about 4 lottery picks in this game.

Yeah, I would love to add this Euro kid. Perfect SF for us.

Problem is.... SAC and CHI are
    Going to be so bad we probably don't have a shot at worst record even at 20 wins.

Not sure about the ping pong odds this upcoming draft? Does it matter if you are in the worst 1-4 records? Same odds? Maybe we get lucky and win it anyway.... Like how PHI jumped up.
    We definitely want/need to be a Top 5 worst team, this is the last yr you hit a lick in the lottery. 2019 everything changes, I've spoke on this a few times since the summer

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So things are the same this season.... We know the top 4 are pretty muck locked up already (Chi, ATL, DAL, Sac). I would say Lakers and Suns and Nets probably in the mix for worst top 5 too.

I think NYK in that next tier. With teams like Clippers and Heat... as teams that could be a playoff team or a top 10 pick.

Is it possible we hit a skid and bottom out at about 30-35 wins, and a few teams go on a run (say LAK and PHO and DAL)? Maybe....

I think we have an outside chance to finish 5th or 6th.... most likely, we end up around 7-12 range.... which means we need a little lottery Luck to jump up.

Good news is the Greek Freak was the 15th pick. Maybe we end up with a stud even in the 7-12 range.

Veteran

MPjr out again but Jontay is balling and he just dropped a 3. The man can shoot too!

The Lakers will win 50+ games.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

So things are the same this season.... We know the top 4 are pretty muck locked up already (Chi, ATL, DAL, Sac). I would say Lakers and Suns and Nets probably in the mix for worst top 5 too.

I think NYK in that next tier. With teams like Clippers and Heat... as teams that could be a playoff team or a top 10 pick.

Is it possible we hit a skid and bottom out at about 30-35 wins, and a few teams go on a run (say LAK and PHO and DAL)? Maybe....

I think we have an outside chance to finish 5th or 6th.... most likely, we end up around 7-12 range.... which means we need a little lottery Luck to jump up.

Good news is the Greek Freak was the 15th pick. Maybe we end up with a stud even in the 7-12 range.
    well, clarence gaines is still working for us. he is the guy who told phil to draft KP, frank, willy, kuz, dotson, etc. i still feel good about all those guys, even though we let go of kuz. put it this way, he hasn't drafted a flat out bust yet, so i'm feeling pretty confident about the next draft no matter where we land.
    blame vegas

Veteran

Originally Posted by and1
    well, clarence gaines is still working for us. he is the guy who told phil to draft KP, frank, willy, kuz, dotson, etc. i still feel good about all those guys, even though we let go of kuz. put it this way, he hasn't drafted a flat out bust yet, so i'm feeling pretty confident about the next draft no matter where we land.
    A bust primarily applies to picks on the higher premium(lottery 1-14). I don't think fans expect the world if say we ended up with a very low first and/or lower pick(s)...we'd make the best of it. Keep in mind we did draft Grant(19)...who hadn't proved he was better than THJR and Cleanthony, Thanasis, under Phil's watch and Gaines was there then. WHG is benched at present so it's not so clear cut.

The strength in your argument lies when we have a premium pick and the payoff. So if anything it appears the higher the pick the greater the payoff with Gaines possibly hitting a home run(#kporzee(4) and Knits(8)). Thus you should be clamoring for a lottery pick in a draft that is sure to deliver at minimum 5 Blue Chippers this summer.
    Last edited by Broadway; Nov 14, 2017 at 08:15.

dang, i forgot about grant already. it's true, i suppose busts do apply to higher premium picks, but you have to also praise when guys that were picked lower turn out to be pretty damn good.
    i still feel pretty good about it though.
    blame vegas

Grayson Allen with 37 points. 7-11 from downtown (he's now 17-26 from downtown this season).

Duvall with a fantastic night. He's a silky-smooth PG.

Bagley poked in the eye and miss most of game.

Wendell Carter Jr looked good in the paint.

For MSU, Bridges and Jackson as advertised.

Duke won.

Now it's time for Kentucky v Kansas.

12th man

Having the type of young-core n veteran roster we've got .. Noah/Kanter n Jack/Lee .. our best shot are to develop our young-core players by having a winning season (41+wins), to put big trade value on our young-core roster of players to trade-down on draft night.

This is why Perry should be contacting LAK, and try to find a way to flip WHG for Brandon Ingrahm. It'll probably work if we find a third team, to take either Noah or Deng.

Lakers would probably attach BI if they can dump Deng. So, could we find a third team to take WHG if they absorb Deng? Or, absorb Noah and we keep Deng.

Some team basically gets WHG for
    Just absorbing a bad contract (with 2 years remaining).

Knicks would then have Ntikilina, Timmy, Dotson, Ingrahm, KP, KOQ, McDermott and a first round pick and high second rounder to build
    Around.
    Last edited by mafra; Nov 16, 2017 at 20:07.

Top high school prospect Anfernee Simons is considering entering the 2018 NBA draft, reports ESPN.

The 6–foot–4 shooting guard is ranked No. 12 nationally on 247sports.com and No. 8 on ESPN.

He is doing a fifth season of high school at IMG Academy in Florida.

Veteran

Top high school prospect Anfernee Simons is considering entering the 2018 NBA draft, reports ESPN.

The 6–foot–4 shooting guard is ranked No. 12 nationally on 247sports.com and No. 8 on ESPN.

He is doing a fifth season of high school at IMG Academy in Florida.
    ...fifth season of high school?

Veteran

What a tremendous blow to this draft but someone else will emerge